It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 and people lying to themselves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
On another forum I wrote that Clinton's foreign policy includes war with Russia. Someone replied, "Why? Because you read it on the Internet?" I know it's true because of the stance of many key figures including the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. military.

I can't believe how many people continue to use the phrase "saber rattling" to describe the situation around Syria. It went past that point weeks ago. I understand people being ignorant, but when they're using the phrase "saber rattling" concerning articles that are clearly far past that point, I have trouble putting my disbelief into words. When people are using the phrase "cooler heads will prevail" when there are no cooler heads in sight, I'm stunned. When people claim a war between the U.S. and Russia somehow won't become WW3, I wonder what world they live in.

I could go through a long list concerning the denial and lying that I've seen concerning the situation in Syria...

The reality is that people flat-out lie to themselves constantly.

That's probably the biggest reason we're facing WW3 to begin with.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Yeah, I remember your thread and also believe war with Russia is about to start. I think the Russians will take the first move, but I also think they are not sure if it's better to wait a bit for Hillary or go for it now.

Trump will watch it on CNN and will feel so happy to be at home instead of the White House.

edit on 13-10-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

War may not look like it used to. I'm guessing we will cyber-attack the beJesus out of them, and that there will be a lot of strong posturing regarding Syria, but hopefully no engagement militarily. I really don't think ANYONE wants to start that. Seriously.

I could be wrong of course. I hope I'm not. I could tell you that some of the current posturing by Russia is a psyop, but you probably wouldn't believe me...

- AB

(Malcom Nance - The Plot To Hack America...)

edit on 13-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Listen. Forget all the conspiracy # you've been buying into for however long you think you've been awake and read the following for your own good:

1. Get any and all vaccines you can now. In a situation with zero sanitation, not having them will be deadly.

2. Buy guns and ammo. I don't give a # if you're against guns. Your stupid ass ideals won't matter when you're hungry, or when you're being chased by a gang for your jacket and your wife and kids.

3. Get as much canned food and MRE style meals and SAVE IT for the first winter after the war that is when you'll need it the most. Same goes for storing water.

4. Stop thinking about politics and start thinking about how you're going to live if you survive the initial attack.

5. Go over to youtube or whatever and start learning about survival skills.

The time for childish BS is over.
edit on 13 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

When people claim a war between the U.S. and Russia somehow won't become WW3, I wonder what world they live in.

The one before you?

The US and Russia been threatening each other on some level ever since they disposed of Hitler. Even though the rhetoric is flying back and forth, the bullets aren't, yet.

Or are they?

Do you think if Russian and NATO jets were doing a little dog fighting over Syria, Ukraine and the Balkans, they'd tell us about it?

Recently a Russian combat jet was shot down near the Syrian Turkish border by an F16. How do we know who the pilot was? How many such incidents go unreported?

Historically, lots...

Wiki

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I hope you're right. I really do. I have two kids I want to see grow up.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ultimately, don't know the future, just the historical record, so far.

By the by, wanted to concede to your analysis of the shoot down of the Russian Helicopter in Syrian airspace. You were right. It was anti aircraft, not a missile. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me when we bumped heads about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ultimately, don't know the future, just the historical record, so far.

By the by, wanted to concede to your analysis of the shoot down of the Russian Helicopter in Syrian airspace. You were right. It was anti aircraft, not a missile. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me when we bumped heads about it.

lol I've been shot at enough times while in a helicopter to know what it looks like, that's all.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'll remember that.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree with you,a lot of the members here might be too young to remember the cold war,this seems like typical cold war stuff.
that`s why it`s called a cold war,theres no real shooting but there`s lots of stuff that makes it seem like a shooting war is about to break out.
each side pushing the boundaries to tweek the nose of the other.
"we`ll fly spy planes over your country, take that!"
"we`ll shoot your spy plane down and put missles on an island off the coast of florida,take that!"
"oh yeah? well we`ll......."

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Good post. I see Cold War 2 coming. This time involving more nations.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The conclusion Bill makes about the choices presented to us , the last part in here...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Good post. I see Cold War 2 coming. This time involving more nations.

Its he same old cold war, different nations this round because complete control hasn't been established yet. They cooled their heels to wait for the next generation to come up that they can fool again just like they fooled us back when. Older people that lived through last time see all the players and the same rhetoric coming again, warn the younger generation about it.

But they know better, they aren't listening to old fogies.

Old fogies go, meh... go ahead, believe what your gubment tells you through the news, rally around the flag, get patriotic, have national pride, go fight and kill people in foreign lands, work in a defense plant, build bombs, earn, pay tax, build the house of endless war and debt ever ever...

meh

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

There won't be another world war or even that level of a renewed cold war. I, an old timer and UFO abductee, certainly don't see it happening. The ETs won't allow it at this stage and it hasn't happened for over half a century. The ETs have overflown both US and Russian missile silos and scrambled the missile codes. Undoubtedly anybody else that has nuclear weapons in storage, be they Pakistan, North Korea, India, France, etc. also have been put on notice.

Those overflights would have been an indication of the power that the overlords possess. Along with those displays of capabilities would have been strong words, probably voiced through a UN contact, that they will not tolerate another world war and anybody that attempts a first-strike option will regret it.

The times of being typically humans and waging mass war for territory or control is over and done. Reason, even if forced, prevails at high levels. The mopping up of the loose ends of a raggedy civilizations have yet to be completed and the players will all try to play their games against one another, even friend against friend, but world wars are artifacts of the last century. But the sideshows about war will not so easily fade from the policy/play books of the nations.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Agreed . From someone on the front lines of Cold War 1 for 8 years
Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

As much as I appreciate his idealism, there are a lot of people in this world who would have killed him just for being born in America, if he hadn't killed himself making poor health choices.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When people claim a war between the U.S. and Russia somehow won't become WW3, I wonder what world they live in.

The one before you?

The US and Russia been threatening each other on some level ever since they disposed of Hitler. Even though the rhetoric is flying back and forth, the bullets aren't, yet.

Or are they?

Do you think if Russian and NATO jets were doing a little dog fighting over Syria, Ukraine and the Balkans, they'd tell us about it?

Recently a Russian combat jet was shot down near the Syrian Turkish border by an F16. How do we know who the pilot was? How many such incidents go unreported?

Historically, lots...

Wiki

Wow, good point.

I'm one of the people creeped out by what's going with US/Russia and worried that WW3 is about to break out.

I also didn't live through the Cold War.

It would probably be beneficial to a lot of us younger folks if more of you all who did live through the Cold War would discuss it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm only 32. I'm not exactly an expert on the Cold War. But to be honest I don't think this is the same thing. Back then most people existed in an information vacuum that is no longer present in today's world.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm only 32. I'm not exactly an expert on the Cold War. But to be honest I don't think this is the same thing. Back then most people existed in an information vacuum that is no longer present in today's world.

I'm 35 and we seem to see through the same lens on this particular issue. I'd be very interested in hearing from people 60+.

You have a good point about information moving more freely now than it did then, but the flip side of that is the propaganda and lies move that faster too.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

True. But for better or worse, we also have online entities like Wikileaks.

The Internet is extremely large and decentralized and propaganda doesn't have the same effect it used to.

These are interesting times we live in for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join