It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Responds To Trump's Threat of Lawsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

All he has to do is say are we going to take the word of a racist news paper??

As opposed to, say, Infowars?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

All he has to do is say are we going to take the word of a racist news paper??

As opposed to, say, Infowars?

Whats that?? AND what do they have to do with the new York times?? The new York times has been noth inn more than a gossip magazine for years. They no longer ti even bother to see if a story is real doesn't matter as long as it fits there agenda. I lI've in new York for 2 years and new York won't even read it mostly bought by tourists because io there tabloid news. See they are trying to rebrand themselves recently part of thr reason for the law suit. They see there audience as white upper class democrats and tou see that in there so called news. And it wants there staff to be as well they must fit thr part and they have removed women vlacks hispanics and anyone over 40. This rag isn't even in thr same league as most gossip rags more like the enquurer. Im waiting for then to start posting about big for sightings in time square.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Have you ever actually read the New York Times? They are one of the few newspapers that actually have foreign correspondents. They are one of the few newspapers that publish errata. They are the only newspaper I can think of that has a regular ombudsman column to explain their editorial decisions.

You are correct about the New York Times' market: well to do liberals nationwide. (Tourists buy it because they read it at home as their main paper... either as the National or International edition.) The other paper of record, the Wall Street Journal is marketed to well to do conservatives. They, too, publish errata. I read them both, for balance.

If Donald Trump comes across as a shiftless, loud mouthed fool in both the "liberal" New York Times and the "conservative" Wall Street Journal, it is because he is a shiftless, loud mouthed fool.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: F4guy

So it would be very beneficial for them to put out a false story against Trump, even knowing false because they can dig up more information to use against him.

It might, at first, seem that way, but if the intent is to hurt him then putting out a provably false story would help him.

BTW, if you're going to use a form of knowing to modify an adjective like false, you should use the adverbial form - "knowingly." The nuns made me say that

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join