It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Nicola Sturgeon moves Scotland a step closer to indyref2 with Independence Referendum Bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: latic
a reply to: djz3ro

The SNP campaigned the last vote was once in a life time.

No matter what the SNP think they are going to do now the Scottish people voted and there shouldn't be another one for at least 50 years.

Wrong you have fallen for the media spin. Alex Salmond said it was a once in a generation chance. The media picked up on this comment and turned it into an SNP promise!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Part of the reason for the drastic fall in the pound is all the A-HOLE sore losers that couldn't accept the result. THEY have kept the country divided which plays into the hands of the money men

edit on 15-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: djz3ro

If she wants to be in Europe she can pack her bags and move I'll help with that if she wants.

Don't want to be in Europe & I don't want the Euro or those CLOWNS over there making laws & rules that affect me.

I love this show of ignorance by the brexiters. Let's pick something simple. I want an 25mm long M4 bolt. Guess what I can go online and order one from anywhere in the EU and when it arrives it will be exactly as "described on the tin", precisely because the EU laws make it so. You do realise that the vast majority of EU laws are there to make sure the consumers know what the f... they are buying do you? Let's throw all these away and have a free for all. Ignorance is bliss in brexit world, don't whine when a south african 4mm bolt doesn't fit!

The only Clowns are sitting in Westminster led by someone elected by absolutely nobody (and you moan about the EU for f...sake!). This is why Scotland almost voted out in 2014. It wasn't about an Australian painting a Saltire on his cheek shouting freedom it was about detaching the country from the clowns in Westminster. This is why a lot of people , like myself, who are not Scottish voted out.

I would prefer to be part of the UK but whilst England is dominated by the Tory shires and thus (due to numbers) the whole of the UK is dominated by their voting pattern then out again.

Please don't hit me with the greek economy line. Greece is tax evading corrupt basket case. Scotland has some very strong products and services and I exclude oil from that. The whisky industry is massive. If Scotland is a basket case like Greece then surely Theresa May would be encouraging an independence vote, surely, it does not make sense otherwise.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Fact is through a significant percentage of people already live below below the bread line and are forced to use food banks to survive.

And that's not just unemployed but also people on low income minimum wage. We simply cannot afford to sacrifice and through these poor people into the wind.

I have to ask if the current generation should be forced to live in near abject poverty then what will be the expectations of the next?

For sure there is a mass of people that do live below the bread line but by pounding sterling down we can get competitive and rebuild our industrial centres. We have the chance to take on the Germans and Japanese but we need to sacrifice in the short term to beat them in the long term.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Brexit is a 2 way street. If our trade with the EU is limited so is theirs with us. Not such good news then for BMW, Peugeot ... even Cadbury. So you're right, an opportunity exists for our economy to re-balance and for manufacturing to become a new priority. But that needs time and iinvestment. Timewise it's a generational change.

Companies in the EU won't participate, nor will others who see our markets become limited. The City of London won't invest either, the returns from manufacturing being too long term. And the government is living on borrowed money.

So where's the £££ for manufacturing to come from ?

Back to the issue. The situation is quite fluid in Scotland. There's real discontent amongst some who voted No to independence, thinking (and who were promised by Cameron and "Better Together" ) that their vote meant we'd remain in the EU.

Sturgeon knows that discontent will build over the next 2 years, she's playing the long game. She's more sharply in tune with the Scottish electorate and political class up here than she's ever given credit for down south.

Characterising her in stereotypical Daily Mail Little Jimmy Krankie terms, as some here do, does her a disservice, honestly. It even grates amongst ordinary Scots who may not even support her but who see the leading Scottish politician of her generation being ridiculed in such a way.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

How do i tell my children, or anyone else for that matter tell there children, that they have to make do with less and lower there expectations because there may or may not be a better future ahead?

You do relies that this is the first generation that our beloved government, who can somehow afford to pay for Trident and also conduct warfare abroad, has told to expect less. That's just not progress that's regression!

Unless our political overlords and banker scum and hung from the lampposts im simply not willing to buy into this we can build a better future bullcrap.

Because it will be the same corrupt bastards in charge and system as before only under another name or guise.
edit on 15-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Spam Removed

edit on 10/15/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Little Mrs Kranky is becoming a joke as far as I can see.

Well you need new glasses. As political leaders go Nicola is head and shoulders above anything Westminster has had to offer in the last 40 years.
I'll tell you what is a joke though, and we dont need to look far to see it.

Have you heard the one about how the UK has...

Foodbanks in the 21st century..(you know, because we are stronger together and all that)..A Joke.

A depleted NHS while the Tories and Labour both vote in favour to renew trident at the cost of £200 Billion. A Joke..

Hinkley Point Nuclear reactor @£18 billion. Could rise to as much as £37 Billion A Joke..

Boris Johnston. Hillarious..haha

Nigel Farage..Waaay to funny..Ahahaha.

Theresa May...Stop, Ma sides are bursting.

Billions spent on Illegal Wars and Illegal regime change in the middle East.

The shambles that is Brexit....What can you say.?

But hey, We can all feel a bit more patriotic while we're standing on the Thames foreshore waving @ Queenies new £100 million yacht... Rule Britannia and all that old bean.

That's what you call a Joke....A #ing Sick one at that.
edit on 16-10-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yet wee Nic decides it's better to give homes to refugees while our own homeless stay on the streets of Scotland.

Or how about the fact like many celebs & politicians she said she would offer refugees a room in her house again never the same offer for our own homeless.

She is a politician they are ALL the same she REFUSES to listen to what she doesn't want to hear.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yet wee Nic decides it's better to give homes to refugees while our own homeless stay on the streets of Scotland.

Or how about the fact like many celebs & politicians she said she would offer refugees a room in her house again never the same offer for our own homeless.

She is a politician they are ALL the same she REFUSES to listen to what she doesn't want to hear.

How dare she help refugees..Shocking!!!.....It's the local councils job to help the Homeless. If you find yourself homeless in Scotland the Council will/must find you some form of accommodation even if it's a hotel or hostel.

Most Homeless have alcohol or drug problems or mental health isssues and have simply walked away from whatever roof they had over there heads.
Christ, When you get out of Prison, between the council and prison services they will find you a house and furnish it for you before you leave. How much more should be done..? it's your choice if you choose to keep it or not.

I know plenty people who have had a half dozen houses and more then proceeded to turn them into a drinking and drug taking den then trashed every one of them before buggering off to another den elsewhere.

How much more help can you give to someone who is beyond helping themselves. Believe it of not there are thousands of people who choose prison life over a normal civillan one.

One thing we can guarantee is, The refugees will not trash there homes or turn them into crack dens.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

First I am NOT homeless never have been, as for your comments re the homeless DISGUSTING that's the safest comment I can make so I don't get banned

As for the refugees WE can't take everyone but some people seem to think we can, and SOME refugees CAN cause problems I wont tar them all with the same brush like your comments about the homeless

My wife & a friends sister HAVE been verbally abused by them and also some long term migrants that think they OWN the area's they have been housed in AND many problems have been highlighted in Europe if you make a quick search.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is the REAL problem with Europe apart from the scandal of what they can claim to turn up and do SWEET F A or the fact that the Euro Parliament moved every six months talk about wasted money
we have a bunch of unelected CLOWNS the EU Commissioners who we can't get rid off that REALLY CONTROL the show.

edit on 16-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

First I am NOT homeless never have been,

Never said you were.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

as for your comments re the homeless DISGUSTING that's the safest comment I can make so I don't get banned

As someone who has been homeless and has plenty experience being around other homeless persons I believe i'm in a better position than you to come to a conclusion of why most people become homeless.
It's nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon or the lack of help available. It's a persons inability to help oneself once they receive the help..
As i said. Alcohol, Drugs and Mental illness is the main root cause of homelessness and the last time i checked all three you can recieve Free treatment and help for here in the Scotland.

Nice try at fake outrage though. I'm sure you'll be hoping for many stars. I'll give you one myself if it makes you all warm inside.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There are a lot of invisible homeless too, solo.

People stuck with parents because the council won't look at them, folks not eating so they can pay the private sector rents...and many more besides.

To see that councils can suddenly produce flats and houses out of thin air when foreigners want them must be a real kick in the teeth.

As for the rest, yes, there is lots wrong with how Westminster operates, doesn't change my opinion of her though.

Let's be clear, if the government reopened all the Clyde shipyards she'd be moaning about the English ruining the skyline.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Little Mrs Kranky is becoming a joke as far as I can see.

Well you need new glasses. As political leaders go Nicola is head and shoulders above anything Westminster has had to offer in the last 40 years.
I'll tell you what is a joke though, and we dont need to look far to see it.

Have you heard the one about how the UK has...

Foodbanks in the 21st century..(you know, because we are stronger together and all that)..A Joke.

A depleted NHS while the Tories and Labour both vote in favour to renew trident at the cost of £200 Billion. A Joke..

Hinkley Point Nuclear reactor @£18 billion. Could rise to as much as £37 Billion A Joke..

Boris Johnston. Hillarious..haha

Nigel Farage..Waaay to funny..Ahahaha.

Theresa May...Stop, Ma sides are bursting.

Billions spent on Illegal Wars and Illegal regime change in the middle East.

The shambles that is Brexit....What can you say.?

But hey, We can all feel a bit more patriotic while we're standing on the Thames foreshore waving @ Queenies new £100 million yacht... Rule Britannia and all that old bean.

That's what you call a Joke....A #ing Sick one at that.

I dont see the problem with food banks.

People still get fed. Ok they dont get first pick of food and get to live on steak and caviar but food is food.

Unemployment is not meant to be easy, want more get a job. Long as they get fed, how i dont care.

As for working poor? Thats because of depressed wages. We have more people than jobs in some sectors.

Best way to solve that is a change in how education is handled.

But letting hundreds of thousands of unskilled workers in does not help.

Thats not bigotry, that is simple mathematics.

If you have 200 people for 1 job, increasing that number to300 is not going to help is it?

When the politicians boost how lowskilled immigration has given hundreds of billions to the UK economy, what they mean is wages are depressed so employers can save money by paying us less. Thats not money added to our pockets but to the CEOs.

I am guessing you have not read this far.

But notice i speak of low skilled immigration. What we do need is high skilled immigrants like doctors and nurses and hopefully leavi g the EU means we can open up immigration to these people across the globe.

edit on 17-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

The only Clowns are sitting in Westminster led by someone elected by absolutely nobody (and you moan about the EU for f...sake!).

Actually we dont vote for prime ministers.

We vote for MP's who then form a goverment . Its down to those MP how the PM is picked.

So yes in effect the country has agreeded to May as it voted in effect for Conservative MP's to form a government.

The country had to endure Brown for a few years too, so its not just the Torys that change PM's mid term.

Do i thi k it should change? Yes.

Is it illegal or unconstitutional? No

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The former Treasury permanent secretary Nicholas Macperson, so against Scottish independence in 2014, has changed his tune.

Basically now saying that Brexit has changed Scotland's position completely, giving Scots the opportunity with independence to remain in the EU, to enhance Edinburgh as a financial centre (presumably to the detriment of the City of London), retaining access to free trade and the European market plus the advantage of continued inward investment.

And he floats the idea of a Scottish pound to replace sterling in the short term, backed by a central bank, with the longer term aim of adopting the Euro.

Sounds attractive. I wonder if more people like him coming forward will help move opinion towards "independence in the EU" ?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

She and her predecessor have RUINED the skyline anymore wind turbines up here and Scotland could take off.

One of the key reasons for tourism is the stunning scenery that has been DESTROYED .

Stand on any reasonable sized hill in Scotland and you will dozens in any direction.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like the drivvel still being spouted about the EU:

''I know if I'm in the EU and I order an M4 bolt then an M4 bolt is what I'll get! They regulate! Etc!''

they sure do, regulate in favour of those with the biggest bank balance and stave off the competition quite effectively before they even get off the ground. Your wording on your packaging is wrong!

Back to the factory with you!

Tell me, where do non EU countries purchase bolts? Is it a common issue in non EU countries, trying to source a particular sized bolt?

I thought it was all about diversity...why discriminate against non-standard bolts? Can't the leading bolt manufacturers find any particular nuance with your typical bolt that hey can use to pay off the regulators and see off the competition like everyone else?

Ah...your bolts are, eh, a bit bolty, yeah. A bit too obvious, to steel-y.

I have had a great idea, though - howzabout if the people what make the bolts, make the nuts, too. And sell them as a set...that way, you know they'll be compatible. Do people often buy bolts from one supplier and nuts from another?

Any non-EU folks here have experience buying bolts and nuts outwith the common market want to chime in here and tell us of your horrific experiences?
edit on 19-10-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join