It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Sturgeon moves Scotland a step closer to indyref2 with Independence Referendum Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So now Scotland was scared into staying?

You'll make up just about any excuse just to come across as right, won't you?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Hold on scared the Scottish? I thought they were fearless Braveheart and all that.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Only when they've drunk enough iron bru lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The SNP confuses me.

Seems they want their Independence and Sovereignty so they can immediately surrender it to the EU. Quite strange.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: TerryDon79

Hold on scared the Scottish? I thought they were fearless Braveheart and all that.

That was just a movie, made by and starring Mel Gibson. Not real world.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thing is we have been ribbing each other for hundreds of years I will admit it it is fun.
Heck leave If you like I will still enjoy your water (scotch) and enjoy your countryside as well as your redheaded ladies.
We would all have a right good laugh in a pub so even though I do not want you lot to go I do like you all deep down.

Agreed. I must admit to being overly patriotic in my younger years, due to my upbringing, and then realised not ebery Englishman was as my Dad described (who is now married to a vulgar English woman, who isn't vulgar because of her nationality). It's all banter for me now. I remember the last time we won the Calcutta Cup (yeah, i know, a long time ago), me and another 8 or 9 kilted friends were wathcing it in the pub, us and a bunch of lads in England shirts were winding each other up all match. When we won, we joined them at our table (we were in Dundee) and we took them out on the best night out they ever had. I love a bit of good old fashioned banter between the English and the Scots, i don't appreciate the digs made by some English members of ATS (not you that i've seen) when the Referendum being brought up.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There was nothing democratic about scaring the living # out of a nation into voting to stay. You really had to be here to witness it. The term Project fear was first used up here. You thought the Brexit's project fear was bad, we had it 10 fold.

That lame old excuse again?

Project fear? - Scotland fell for it but England and Wales didn't?
What does that tell you?

Absolute Bollocks.

The fact of the matter is that Scotland VOTED to remain in the UK.
Membership of the EU is for the UK - none of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales are represented individually, they are simply British MEP's allegedly representing regions within the UK.

ALL negotiations with the EU over the years have been carried out on behalf of the UK as a whole.

The EU openly states its intention for the EU Council to have ultimate authority over all national elected assemblies.

What devolved power you have has come from within the UK.
It would disappear in an instance if an independent Scotland were to ever become a member of the corrupt and autocratic EU.

The very fact that Sturgeon can even begin to mention drafting legislation for another referendum is proof of its devolved powers - even though strictly speaking it isn't legal.
Strange that she should use such tactics to remain in an organisation that is seeking to ban referendums in all its constituent nations on EU related issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: djz3ro

So you're not happy with a majority vote system, but want another referendum so Scotland can become independent, stay in the EU that has a MAJORITY vote system based on elected officials?

That would make the population vote a void thing, btw. The votes would be completely up to whatever official you have speaking for you.

Personally, I'm undecided if I actually want us to stay in the E.U. but it certainly could be a means to us getting either a better deal in the U.K. or better yet, being an Independent Nation with the people deciding if they want in or out the E.U. is the ideal...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Before you say anything, I know it's out of context :p

i don't appreciate the digs made by some English members of ATS

I'm allowed to.

I married a Scot and have a Scottish daughter.

My wife parents were born in Sunderland and she was born in Dundee. Here heritage is English lol.

My grandparents were the last in my line to be born in Scotland. I was born in Dover.

So, technically, I have more Scottish blood than my wife.

Plus, I try not to do the whole "them v us" crap. We share an island together. It's easier to get along lol.

link   

As much as i would love to witness a free Scottish nation i have to say Nicola Sturgeon cannot even take care of her own constituency never mind be involved in birthing an independent Scotland.

The woman does not give a rats arse and has allowed the area of Govanhill to become a rodent/cockroach infested war zone where pensioners are afraid to venture outside there own home for fear of being mugged. Not to mention the the heinous amount of sex attacks and murders that have taken place in or around the area.
edit on 13-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

Tell that to the Yanks lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The SNP confuses me.

Seems they want their Independence and Sovereignty so they can immediately surrender it to the EU. Quite strange.

I think that about sums it up quite nicely.

Honest?
I think you should tell some of your countrymen that.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Fair enough. I assumed you wanted to stay in the EU. My bad.

A lot of the Scots that want to be a part of the EU, therefore want their independence, don't realise that Scotland was only a part of the EU as part of the UK. If Scotland wants to be independent AND a part of the EU, they would need to apply from scratch. That also means no guarantee of acceptance.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The fact of the matter is that Scotland VOTED to remain in the UK.

The fact of the matter was that the No campaign was telling a load of bollocks about pensions being at risk under an independent Scotland. The pensioners read it on the leaflets they got through the doors, this made them vote to remain in the U.K. (and have their pensions robbed anyway). The truth came out the day that leaflet first hit a doormat, people took to social media and the truth came out that, in fact pensions could be even higher in an independent Scotland. Problem is a lot of O.A.P's don't use social media and they make up a large percentage of the Scottish voting population. The truth never filtered through to them, sad rally. But i suppose you'll know that's a load of snip...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My wife parents were born in Sunderland and she was born in Dundee.

You married a Dundonian? are you mental??? (I'm allowed to say that, i have 2 Dundonian Kids and a lot of Dundonian friends, ha ha)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Ohanka

The SNP confuses me.

I think that about sums it up quite nicely.

Honest?
I think you should tell some of your countrymen that.

The only time it's ever brought up here is by the Englishmen. Freeeeeedom.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm on ATS. I thought being mental was a prerequisite.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Tell that to the Yanks lol.

They still believe in Brigadoon ffs.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Fair enough. I assumed you wanted to stay in the EU. My bad.

A lot of the Scots that want to be a part of the EU, therefore want their independence, don't realise that Scotland was only a part of the EU as part of the UK. If Scotland wants to be independent AND a part of the EU, they would need to apply from scratch. That also means no guarantee of acceptance.

I admit, I was all for it, after all Scotland relies heavily on the Agriculture, Fishing and Food & Drink habdouts from the E.U. Westminster would never be able to cover anywhere near the figures we get but the more I spoke to friends (some had voted Yes to the Scottish Referendum and the E.U. one and some had voted No in the Scottish one and Yes in the E.U. one) the more I realised that the E.U. wasn't the only option but I stil think it's a not bad option.

What's interesting is you used to drive across Scotland and all the landowners and farmers along the main road had their No signs up, claiming they wanted to vote No to remain in the E.U. If we do get another Referendum, it will be Yes signs everywhere as those same Landowners and Farmers will want to leave to stay in the E.U. or at least that's what I've heard from a son of one I know and a few Estate Employees I know.

The one good thing, for me, about the whole Scottish Independence Referendum was that it was a political awakening for me, until then I found it all boring.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

My wife parents were born in Sunderland and she was born in Dundee.

You married a Dundonian? are you mental??? (I'm allowed to say that, i have 2 Dundonian Kids and a lot of Dundonian friends, ha ha)

Small world. My Son was at Dundee utd for a while. No it's not David Badwullie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join