It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

New York Times to Donald Trump: We won't retract

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The New York Times' general counsel has just informed Donald Trump's lawyer, in scathing terms, that it will not retract its story about two women who claim that Trump touched them inappropriately.

In a letter to Trump attorney Marc E. Kasowitz sent Thursday, New York Times general counsel David McCraw wrote, of the request that the Times retract the story, "We decline to do so."

McCraw then laid into Kasowitz and his client, writing, "The essence of a libel claim, of course, is the protection of one's reputation. Mr. Trump has bragged about his non-consensual sexual touching of women. He has bragged about intruding on beauty pageant contestants in their dressing rooms. He acquiesced to a radio host's request to discuss Mr. Trump's own daughter as a 'piece of ass.' Multiple women not mentioned in our article have publicly come forward to report on Mr. Trump's unwanted advances. Nothing in our article has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr. Trump, through his own words and actions, has already created for himself."

cnn
Trump says he will sue if the New York Times didn't retract the story, New York Times tells Trump to bring it on!

Wow what a letter sent to Trumps attorney, I bet Trump is livid and that explains him going off at his rally today.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like Trump will be owning the NYT soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The old pervert rapist Trump is scared more rape stories will come out, no wonder he makes his wives sign non disclosure agreements.

What a sick pos pedophile.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

The media is throwing # at the wall to see what sticks. It's a flurry of desperate character attacks. They'll take anyone's mere word they were assaulted and run the story with no verification or proof. The publish hit pieces with little to no confirmation or research just to own the headlines. It's the typical MSM technique of manipulating the masses.

Guess what? People do not care! We have Bill Clinton and his supporters do not even give a crap for decades that he has rape allegations, settled rape case, physical evidence to support rape, was impeached for lying, stuck cigars in an intern's P*ssy in the oval office and who knows what else, and "still d*cking bimbos", even getting foot massages from intern at the Clinton library which he doubles as a bachelor pad and hoses girls down for wet t-shirt contests..

And they expect Trump supporters to be outraged?? Please! These are flimsy at best allegations of "groping" and kissing advances, lewd comments? a rape case that has been dismissed and has no merit? Nothing compared to Bill and even Hillary who actually verbally attacked and intimidated these victims! This is all a media farce in an election cycle to put the focus off the real issues of the campaign.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Looks like Trump will be owning the NYT soon.

In your dreams!!

Oh wait only if Trump wins, see how that's related?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Of course they won't retract, because they are going to get a lot more money from their bosses than what they are going to lose in the future lawsuit.

Plus, I bet they will have some benefits as well

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Donald Trump saying that he will release proof that the New York Times is lying but won't do it until the appropriate time, does not help matters.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Oh yeah, lawyers will love this, it can just be endless litigation. It would be very difficult to win a libel case simply for the fact that's he's a public figure. That being said, he has to prove that the these people statement's are false and that Times published these comments with the intent to cause harm. Trump will just litigate this to death and might be satisfied with a retraction of the story, if not damages. Again, all of this is a distraction from the issues and Trump needs to let his lawyers handle it and move on to more important topics since he is running for president after all.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Donald Trump saying that he will release proof that the New York Times is lying but won't do it until the appropriate time, does not help matters.

Just like what he said about his taxes, another lie!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It doesn't but It's probably form his lawyers advice and he can't yet, because whatever he has would have to come out during discovery or maybe a hearing where they will present the judge the merits of his case. However in this media frenzy and short time before the election it might be beneficial, if he actually does have proof to get it circulated now because this court can go well beyond the election.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

if said allegations against trump are true, do you still defend him? will you still vote for him?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

if said allegations against trump are true, do you still defend him? will you still vote for him?

I haven't decided if I'm going to vote for him, but I definitely do not want Hillary and he's the only candidate other than her. I have historically protest voted third party tickets. The way I see it, people are not going to care as much as some might think in light of the fact that democrats do not even care about the Clinton's past or present. Why should they? It's manufactured outrage. I call it as I see and the MSM is dishonest and cannot be trusted.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A talking head on TV just made great point - If Trumps shamelessly and un-apologetically says he does a thing like groping and then these women come out and corroborate that yeah, he does do that, why should they not be believed?

They aren't contradicting him. In that way it's slightly different than the situation with Bill Clinton and his accusers. It's not a "he said/she said" thing. It's a "he said/she agreed" thing.

So yeah, why should the NYT retract? They aren't saying anything he didn't already say. lol at the irony!

edit on 10/13/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I don't think Trump will sue. He really can't.

In civil cases, the plaintiff has the burden of proving their case by a 'preponderance of the evidence.'

There is likely very little evidence and what does exist is going to be Trump's own words talking about grabbing p*ssies and kissing women without consent.

In my mind, this was all very carefully orchestrated (with Trump's complete agreement) to tank any chance he has at winning and that's about it.
edit on 13-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
edit on 13-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So where is the story here again? NYT naturally is not going to retract.

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Why should they retract it? They're only fact checking and backing up Trump's own claims!

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Exactly, why should they not be believed? It's the narrative. Follow the narrative. Whoever comes up and says anything, it must be true. I do see the irony because when its the other way around it's a different story, a different narrative. "Bimbo eruptions" you know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

i refuse to settle for the lesser of two evils. I will cast my vote for a third party candidate and use my right as an american to vote for the candidate of my choice and not the one force fed to me by the MSM and the two headed snake establishment.
edit on 13-10-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And it is oh-so convenient that Trump is the one that trotted out the Bill Clinton women at the debate and press conference.

Lucky Hillary...all these Trump accusers just went to the press themselves. She didn't even have to get her hands dirty.

All of it is so obviously scripted to benefit Hillary's campaign.

edit on 13-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join