It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Campaign Is 'Pulling Out of Virginia'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

Donald Trump's campaign is "pulling out of Virginia," a move that stunned staff in the battleground state, three sources with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.

The decision came from Trump's headquarters in New York and was announced on a conference call late Wednesday that left some Republican Party operatives in the state blindsided. Two staffers directly involved in the GOP's efforts in Virginia confirmed the decision.

The move to pull out of Virginia shows Trump is "running essentially a four state campaign," with the focus now shifting to battlegrounds critical to his chances in November: Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio, a source with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.

This is not a good sign for the Trump campaign. Pulling out of any battleground state at this stage of election is very bad news.

This new 4 state strategy isn't a winning strategy. Trump can win those 4 states and still easily lose the election. I'm not quite sure what is going through the campaigns head, but this is a very odd move.

The one thing that I can think of is that they are being forced to do this due to resources. I think this is a big indication that the RNC has abandoned Trump and is not helping him, so the Trump campaign is being forced to re-allocate the limited resources they have.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Wait I thought he was paying for it? he is a billionaire why should money have anything to do with it? he has all the money he needs doesn't he?.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Wait I thought he was paying for it? he is a billionaire why should money have anything to do with it? he has all the money he needs doesn't he?.

That depends on how much He initially got from The Clinton Cabal™ but being a "great business man" I figure He'd negotiate a sweeter deal.. I'd have to see the contract.

Side Bet: He reveals His taxes right after He drops out to concentrate on His "vast business interests" and the $$$ given from the Clinton Fraudation™ will not even be seen...

Now We know all We need to know about the constant "smoke" coming from HRC.. The 'smoke' is to hide all the nefarious deeds She pulls off...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well now he can claim he's being victimized by the GOP.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I honestly think the rest of his campaign is going to be about building his excuse for when he loses.

He is going to go scorched earth on Republicans and Bill Clinton and pretty much give up on trying to win and just appealing to his base.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm starting to believe none of his strategies were meant to be "winning".

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

His campaign canceling tv time, now pulling out of a battleground state, Octo Don's campaign is circling the drain!

Is he pulling out of the third debate? anyone know?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Trump already has Virginia sewn up.

Why waste resources on a state that is already won?

Smart business move from a smart business man.
edit on 13-10-2016 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Trump campaign is denying this claim...

The Trump campaign is pushing back on an NBC report suggesting the campaign is pulling out of Virginia.

Sources told NBC News that GOP strategists were left “blindsided” after the decision came down late Wednesday from Trump headquarters. The report cited a source saying the campaign is shifting focus to Pennsylvania,Florida, North Carolina and Ohio.

But John Ullyot, a Trump spokesman, released a statement saying they “remain absolutely committed to winning in Virginia.” He also said “together with the RNC and the state Party,we will have all the resources we need to re-take the Commonwealth at the Presidential level in November.”

Trump Not Pulling Out of Virginia

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No he knew he would lose he is Clintons stool pigeon.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I'm starting to believe none of his strategies were meant to be "winning".

Believe it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He is going to go scorched earth on Republicans and Bill Clinton and pretty much give up on trying to win and just appealing to his base.

I don't think we're going to see Donald for a few weeks after losing the election. He'll be locked in his office having a major tantrum.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Really? Because the most recent polls from Virginia have Hillary's lead in the double digits.

RealClearPolitics

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is obviously another NBC lie & smear.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
DIsclaimer (as it seems necessary on ATS these days): Again, not voting for either of them, so I say this only as my opinion of the state of both campaigns on a state by state and nationwide basis. That said...

... I said this a month or two back, and it hasn't changed since that time - if anything it's even more true: imho, he must win Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio. If he doesn't win all four of those states... the probability of him winning the election is virtually nil imo. The other battleground states he has any hope of flipping or retaining to overtake her in the electoral college are even tougher battles for him, and less likely to succeed.

Consider this: Let's say by some miracle he pulls it out and flips Arizona, Iowa, and Nevada. Consider that he also gets Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina. Without Virginia, he still falls short of the required 270 electoral votes. And those are very improbable events at this point.

Whereas if he also gets Virginia (along with those other states,) he wins.

Honestly, if the election were held today, he would almost certainly lose. To turn it around, he has to get almost all of the battleground states at this point... and that's highly, highly improbable.

Again, this is just a dispassionate analysis of the electoral score as I currently see it. It's only an opinion, and it could change going forward. I have no dog in this race.

Peace.
edit on 10/13/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Trumps is never going to say he is pulling out from Virginia but, he is pulling the resources he had there. And we should have seen this coming his campaign head in Virginia was fired for staging a protest against the GOP for pulling resources from Virginia. With out the GOP, who moving its resources to try and save the House, Trump does not have much to work with. And with Virginia so far out of reach I guess they will just try elsewhere.

However the 4 state strategy does not seem doable either. While Clinton's leads lead in NC is within striking distance, her leads in Florid and Ohio are 9 points, that is larger that Trumps 7 point lead in Texas and Pennsylvania is completely out of reach.

A normal Presidential candidate in the position would shift everything to help the down ticket. Trump however hate the GOP so who knows where he is going put resources.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Trump already has Virginia sewn up.

Why waste resources on a state that is already won?

Smart business move from a smart business man.

Far from the truth. Clinton has VA locked up. Look at www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

The one thing that I can think of is that they are being forced to do this due to resources. I think this is a big indication that the RNC has abandoned Trump and is not helping him, so the Trump campaign is being forced to re-allocate the limited resources they have.

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Since you have no clue about this issue we at ATS humbly request you learn a bit about campaign finance laws and then get back to us.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

join