It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey judge issues criminal summons against Christie over Bridgegate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

(CNN)A criminal summons will be issued against New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie after a municipal court judge determined probable cause at a hearing Thursday regarding a citizen complaint related to the 2013 lane closures to the George Washington Bridge, according to a court spokesperson.

In his complaint, Bill Brennan accused the Republican governor of official misconduct saying Christie "knowingly refrained from ordering that his subordinates take all necessary action to re-open local access lanes to the George Washington Bridge from Fort Lee, New Jersey, that had been closed with purpose to injure Fort Lee mayor Mark Sokolich."

Christie is appealing the summons, according to a spokesman.

cnn

Christie's people are saying this is bs. A judge has determined there is probable cause to continue with criminal charges. Wasn't it proven that Christie did close lanes on this bridge? Seems like this will be resolved in a criminal court. I'm sure Trump will bail him out.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Chris Christie is definitely just another fake career politician, like many of them, his primary concerns are not "the people" he is supposed to be serving.

I'm on the fence about if anything will happen of this or not.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Trump's lap dog has his own problems to worry about now. Every politician succumbs to temptations once they feel like they're untouchable.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm getting the message. "Supporting that guy may have consequences ".
edit on 13-10-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
He has an alibi, "I was eating ice cream at the time that happened".

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This couldn't have been done prior to the primaries? That would have made things a little smoother at least. Maybe we wouldn't have had to listen to him as much.

top topics

join