It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Blue Lives Don't Matter': College Students Demand End of Campus PD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

College protesters at the University of California-Irvine recently staged a "Blue Lives Don't Matter" protest.

The students believe "it's police officers who are the problem," Elizabeth MacDonald reported on Risk & Reward.

Dozens of students at the school disrupted a discussion on police-community relations, chanting: "No justice, no peace--take to the streets; [expletive] the police".

They called for the end of the campus police department, MacDonald said.

These are "kids that are effectively feral," author Kevin Jackson said.

"They haven't been taught anything [but] the liberal narrative [on campus]."

"Blue lives do matter," he said, "[police keep] regular citizens safe."

"These kids act as if cops are out hunting black people. Cops would rather stay in the suburbs...than go and have to face the scourge of what happens in the black community."

insider.foxnews.com...

I found this browsing the left leaning Yahoo front page and figured I would post for several reasons. When one cares to look at facts and statistics, the Police are the least likely to kill a Black person compared to another Black person. I do not understand what they do not understand as far as how each and every shooting just about, could have been prevented by the suspect, and that his own actions led to their deaths.

So why then, given this reality, would they not want the Police around? I think most of them know the truth so the only explanation I can think of is to be able to commit more crime and be more likely to get away with it. Or they truly are mentally deficient and actually believe that cops just go around killing Black folks for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I am a little surprised the cop in this article at the end said what he did, factually. He may feel the sting just for saying that. *edit* Wasn't a cop

Let the Police stand down temporarily. That would make for some great live stream footage of the chaos that ensues.
edit on 13-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I imagine they have someone else to call when they need the police then.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Many campuses have Campus Security, rather than Campus Police who are actual police officers.
edit on 13-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
Be careful of what you wish for.

You just might get it.

link   

College students don't want police on campus. I am absolutely shocked. And they protest against Police? Say it isn't so.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

College kids are idiots. That's no secret. Take the cops away. Maybe they can call their parents.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Okay, so teachers cant have guns for defense, students cant have guns for defense, and now they want the on-campus PD removed?

Do these people fantasize about getting blown away by school shooters or something?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Many campuses have Campus Security, rather than Campus Police who are actual police officers.

Depends on the size of thr university. Small universities pay for security larger ones hire there own. Where I work we have a police force but for all effective purposes they are one in the same. So advacatong removing them is silly since that will mean the only responsor will be local police. And for large campuses that's just not practical. If they are stupid enough to demand this what they will see is other students parents will move them to colleges with better security. I know with my daughter that was important. So these fools will end up shutting down there school if there not careful.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

And what do they want? The Purge? Because the Purge is exactly what they are thinking no police and other emergency services available for 12 hours once a year.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Okay, so teachers cant have guns for defense, students cant have guns for defense, and now they want the on-campus PD removed?

Do these people fantasize about getting blown away by school shooters or something?

Yep. Would make the school an even easier target and not just for shootings but for any and all types of crime since the response time would be so high.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

And what does campus security do if the situation is anything other than parking enforcement?

Call the police.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

College protesters at the University of California-Irvine recently staged a "Blue Lives Don't Matter" protest.

The students believe "it's police officers who are the problem," Elizabeth MacDonald reported on Risk & Reward.

Dozens of students at the school disrupted a discussion on police-community relations, chanting: "No justice, no peace--take to the streets; [expletive] the police".

They called for the end of the campus police department, MacDonald said.

These are "kids that are effectively feral," author Kevin Jackson said.

"They haven't been taught anything [but] the liberal narrative [on campus]."

"Blue lives do matter," he said, "[police keep] regular citizens safe."

"These kids act as if cops are out hunting black people. Cops would rather stay in the suburbs...than go and have to face the scourge of what happens in the black community."

insider.foxnews.com...

I found this browsing the left leaning Yahoo front page and figured I would post for several reasons. When one cares to look at facts and statistics, the Police are the least likely to kill a Black person compared to another Black person. I do not understand what they do not understand as far as how each and every shooting just about, could have been prevented by the suspect, and that his own actions led to their deaths.

So why then, given this reality, would they not want the Police around? I think most of them know the truth so the only explanation I can think of is to be able to commit more crime and be more likely to get away with it. Or they truly are mentally deficient and actually believe that cops just go around killing Black folks for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I am a little surprised the cop in this article at the end said what he did, factually. He may feel the sting just for saying that. *edit* Wasn't a cop

Let the Police stand down temporarily. That would make for some great live stream footage of the chaos that ensues.
In reality, assuming the FULL scope of the social justice narrative is accurate, it's not police that are the problem. Abuse of authority or force or excess run ins with minorities might be symptomatic of the problems, but not the cause. Even using sj logic, the real issues are historical oppression, wide spread inter generational poverty, lowered education opportunity, etc, that lead to increased crime in part and also more conflict with police. Because a higher percentage of minorities suffer from those aforementioned issues, this explains mostly why they have more issues with police and violent interactions. However, there may be a portion of the data that is unexplained by the systematic variables and that is attributable to actual police racism and abuse.

Having said that, you have to have some police on large campuses. Uc schools are HUGE.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I say grant them their wish as a test study. Further more, disallow the local PD from entering campus as well. Let's see how long it is before these liberal bottle fed kids are begging for a PD back. Will it be after a string of rapes and assaults? Or after many of their cars start getting broken into without recourse? Maybe it will be after the second or third school shooting (remember these are the same people who think law abiding citizens should not carry, and without police they [ccw holders] would be their only line of defense).

My best guess . . . they will want their PD back after 2 weeks of not finding a parking spot because nobody is there to enforce the parking rules on campus. Which is probably the campus PD's primary focus as well as the reason most of these kids are mad.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well that directly opposes their false narrative about campus rape. Is there a campus rape problem or not, where girls everywhere are afraid of getting raped?

If it was even partly true, they'd certainly feel the need for cops.

This is just more liberal indoctrination which is killing off an entire generation.

Plus, who are they going to call when they feel under threat from someone with a MAGA hat?
edit on 13-10-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Makes me also wonder what ever happened to O's "Civilian Security Force"

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Guess it's about time to start ROUSTING hippies again...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Is this a prediction, or a hope?

I would rather see police cut to 10% of the current amount nationwide, with the elimination of any/all federal policing agencies that police Americans. The Federal job is not to deal with the people, its to deal with the world. Dealing with the people is the states job.

TBH, from what I know about college campuses....they are mostly civil folks going through their day in a mostly polite way. At least, from my time on college campuses.

top topics

join