It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A claim of ETI detection up for publication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
E.F. Borra and E. Trottier in a paper titled "Discovery of peculiar periodic spectral modulations in a small fraction of solar type stars." have made the claim that they have detected the sought after ETI signature. They analyzed 2.5 million spectra in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey, and found 234 stars (mostly similar to our own sun), with the predicted signature of alien signals. They rule out instrumentation error as well. The claim is controversial of course. Many hypothesis need to be considered and tested before settling in upon aliens as the cause. For example, an earlier claim of ETI detection was found to be someone using the microwave oven in the break room of a research center. These signals repeated, and in vastly different areas of sky, so we know it's mostly likely not the microwave.

Personally, I'd like to see these waveforms myself.

Paper is here: arxiv.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberGarp

Over two hundred advanced ETs our there? I would say that is about right. Why? Because over the half a century of UFO sightings, there has been many different shapes and sizes of ships (well over 50) and several different beings associated with them. Given that some of those 234 suns have beings capable of interstellar travel, that would explain the varied "tourists" that we have witnessed. After all, earth with its sub-species of humans would be a great open-air zoo to visit.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberGarp

Already other threads about this.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

How about some links, instead of just a one-liner, shooting the OP down?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
a reply to: wmd_2008

How about some links, instead of just a one-liner, shooting the OP down?

When posted I didn't have time to find and post the links.

How about members SEARCHING before making threads like some of us do

edit on 14-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join