It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Locker room banter

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm going to guess by your outrage that you have never heard the saying "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me" either. At the time that incident happened the country still had freedom of speech and people still had an expectation that private conversation was private. Conversations i've heard between men and or women would probably make your virgin ears drop right off your head. What amazes me is that women would be willing to jeopardize the future of the world just to be outraged at words.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Orionx2

Not my fault that you don't understand what it means to be cultured.

Do you enjoy arts, music, literature, exploration, expanded cultural awareness? Do you know what literature is? Are you comfortable around people from other countries or people in your own vicinity who don't use gutter talk in casual conversation?

It's because you were poorly educated. Trash begets more trash.
If all one can do for amusement is think about genitalia and make crude remarks about sexually assaulting women, one is in a veritable desert of real 'class.'

But sure, I can stoop to that level and say that a guy is an asshole, or behaving like a dick. I bet you get that part, don't you! Yes, you do.
That's about as vulgar as I allow myself to get.

I think its fantastic that you have this "class" you keep mentioning over and over, and I also think its fantastic how cultured you are - you've mentioned it enough times to where I'm sure it REALLY matters to you.

However, there are many wonderful people in this world who life drastically different than you, did you know that?

I happen to know MANY people - men and women, who are as crude as ever, vulgar even. Many of these men and women served in the military, so that people like you, and others, could enjoy your freedom to be as cultured as you see fit. I guess they are just low lives to you too, right?

Trump never mentioned anything about sexual assault. If you've ever known a celebrity, you know that people worship them, and throw themselves at them. Personally, I despise that kind of behavior myself, but it is what it is. Almost ALL celebrities take advantage of it - this includes athletes, movie stars, musicians, basically anyone in the spotlight. Trump wasn't saying he forces himself on women and as they are struggling to get away proceeds to rape them. He never said anything of the sort. He said when you are a celebrity you can do anything you want - such as grab a ladies p***y - and they'll pretty much thank you afterwards. Whether you or I like it, it is what it is.

I'm rather neutral on this - I'm not voting this election (I don't vote in presidential elections). However, the only reason anyone is making a big deal out of this is because trump is running for president. Which I understand - but what he said was many years ago, and wasn't in public.

Anyway, I don't think any of us are going to change anyone's mind. The people who are voting for HIllary are going to claim Trump rapes women, blah blah, the people who are voting for Trump will vote for him regardless because the propaganda doesn't affect them much.

I will say this - I definitely don't think Trump's demanor is presidential. That much should be painfully obvious to anyone - although I think many people are voting for him out of anger and frustration. Some are voting for him people they don't want Hillary to president. It is what it is.
edit on Fri Oct 14 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Dragoon01

So you are angry that people are angry, but not angry about the things that anger you?

Oh you know what I am angry about!
How dare you even ask me that question.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

It was rhetorical.

I was pointing out that anyone who is angry about the topic of the OP has the same right, as you, to be angry.

edit on 14-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182
What amazes me is that women would be willing to jeopardize the future of the world just to be outraged at words.

Let's not act naive, they are against trump anyway and not because of these words. This is just a chance to attract more voters to their side.

They have their opinion and they probably see those voting for trump as the ones "willing to jeopardize the future of the world".

edit on 14-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

nope.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I CONFESS!
I've talked about P***Y with other guys in the locker room!

...There goes my political ambitions.

What I find interesting is that if everyone "offended" had even spent 15 minutes at any NCO club on any base in the world, they'd probably faint from utter shock! (the poor dears)

This is just the next stage in policing speech.

I'm under the impression that most NCO clubs in the United States are gone, and have been replaced by coffee shops. So the question I have for you, is the banter in these on base coffee shops the same as the NCO clubs?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nemo418

Don't know.

I've never had coffee.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nemo418
I'm under the impression that most NCO clubs in the United States are gone, and have been replaced by coffee shops. So the question I have for you, is the banter in these on base coffee shops the same as the NCO clubs?

Here's the thing, I think some people are getting offended because he said "p***y". Some people are prudes, get over it. Trumps own defense seems to be going back to that word and brushing it off as him just being vulgar.

That's not the problem though, the problem is that he's bragging about breaking the law. He's bragging about sexually assaulting people. Most people when they're bragging, talk about their conquests, how they're desirable, and how they just have to give the women what they want. Not Trump. He brags about how he takes it, and how they're too intimidated to fight back.

That's a problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You needn't worry ,I doubt you could tell.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
If this hadn't happened 30 years ago, I would say that Trump has been hanging with the folks from the movie and music industry. That seems to be a recurring theme that runs down the middle of the industry.

All woman secretly want to be over powered,and they want to be taken. They are Bs & whores, that want their back slapped, snacked, and smacked.

Almost every movie and song has something to that degree included. They make serious buck on the lewd and lascivious. I think it is too late for us to feign disgust at someone grabbing p***y.

Just my opinion. We all know how that goes.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Songs and movies are fantasies, what Trump was talking about is reality.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Talking about something makes a it possible to bring something to fruition, it does not necessarily make it real.

The crap that Trump was talking 30 years ago was a fantasy.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You don't know that.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Not all women. While you're correct that those attitudes are prevalent in the entertainment industry-- the women who throw themselves at guys in powerful positions-- the women who make it completely obvious that a p***y grab is totally okay and there for the taking-- not ALL women in the industry are like that. What happens is the entitled misogynist men start applying that access to all women... it goes to their head and they start engaging in this entitled sexual assault. The industry is full of sick people. But is that what you want in a President?

By Trump saying he can grab women by the p***y and objectify
them based solely on looks, walk in on young women changing in their dressing rooms just to see them naked --- for a President who sets the standard -- represents our values---there's no way Trump should be president. No way that filth should be promoted to highest office and become the next role model for children.

edit on 14-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
I do not support Trump as President. The thought of him or Hillary as President nauseates me.

I am not even condoning what he said. However, what he said 30 years ago was not rare back then, nor is it rare now.

Sex is still the major tool in the world of advertising. Sexy images, and the innuendo of sex, is marketed to us at every turn. We keep buying it, and the industries that sell it. So I can't accept that people are as disgusted as the claim to be, because some wealthy, construction worker, talks some trash in an attempt to impress some guys.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

NBC admitted they were aware of how Billy Bush talked about women and to women. I find it disingenous that the media and news personalities pretend the language is shocking. They work every day in that culture.

But it doesnt take away the fact that kind of talk is disgusting.

It's popular to say Hillary is just as bad but I don't see it at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

NBC admitted they were aware of how Billy Bush talked about women and to women. I find it disingenous that the media and news personalities pretend the language is shocking. They work every day in that culture.

But it doesnt take away the fact that kind of talk is disgusting.

It's popular to say Hillary is just as bad but I don't see it at all.

I don't care what Trump said 30 years ago, or how many people Bill had sex with, or even when.

Why aren't they addressing the real issues that affect the American people and our country?

We have to stop eating the bull crap that the media keeps feeding us. What the hell happened to commonsense?

edit on 14-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
What the hell happened to commonsense?

Shouldn't common sense also be telling you that talking about the real issues never changes anything either?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't care what Trump said 30 years ago, or how many people Bill had sex or even when.

Why aren't they addressing the real issues that affect the American people and our country?

We have to stop eating the bull crap that the media keeps feeding us. What the hell happened to commonsense?

Because sadly the people have shown they're more interested in sex and scandal than actual politics and journalism has been commodified to provide the public with what they want instead if actual news and information.

Fact is real politics is incredibly dull and very few if any actually read or analyse in depth - they're more after shock, horror, scandal over politics which is why we in the UK had to suffer Farage and BoJo and the US is repeatedly left with such inept, crooked, criminal choices instead of real politicians with a plan as it's easier to choose them than to actually learn about things and have an informed vote.

However there are cases such as the repeated comments Trump makes and the accusations againt himself and Bill Clinton that in my opinion step the line and the public need to be made aware of their derogattory behaviours, atttitudes and views of juat over halff the population.
edit on 14-10-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join