It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Locker room banter

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But it is always the same argument "Words don't hurt people".

Now if someone says that they are going to kill someone I love, that isn't hurting me but, depending on the situation will cause me to go into action. Technically you are right and I can even agree with you but none of that is going to stop me from doing what I have to do.

Even the act of ignoring them and walking away, if the situation requires it, is still an action on my part.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

So talking around your wife or daughter leads to "gang rape". Wow - ever thought of not inviting them back. Ever bang raped anyone - just so you can describe it for us? Did you feel good about yourself afterward, did it wipe the speech from your wife or daughter's minds? I forgot, they are just words from you.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Who wouldn't MOVE when their genitals are grabbed by a strange person?
It's like some gang members equating what they do to hand to hand combat....if a guy grabs me here I just do this....meanwhile out in the REAL world...

BRAGGING and learning to recognize it are evidently superior skills ,SO MANY don't get it...
If words ALONE hurt you MOST don't care,HARSH ,but true,get over it all and join us in the real world.
YOU won't like it .
THERE'S a cold war,a foreign religion is insisting its laws replace ours some with the same epidermal structureal shades are with them, and YOURS are backing them as SJWs.
MINE are currently dying because we are sent to fix your leader's messes,
edit on 13-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: Wasn't finished

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think you need to read the post I was replying to.

It equated "team" to political party and not with the term "locker room talk".
edit on 13-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: daskakik

You might not have it all polished up but the crumbs you sprinkle around here is what I'm talking about.

Just simple arguments, usually pertinent to the topic.

For instance, in this case, Trump's words from 2005 have somehow travelled a decade in the future, landed in the hands of the media, were put on repeat by every organization, made fun of by every political hack comedian, and made out to be a drastic crime against humanity, when they haven't harmed a single person. There is no crime. The egregious crime that should outrage everyone, but oddly doesn't, is the fact that his private conversation from over a decade ago were surreptitiously attained, passed around, exposed, put on repeat, mocked and ridiculed in the public market-place, and used to sway a political election by so-called journalists, who are, at least ethically, supposed to err on the side of ethics, integrity, impartiality and fairness.

A few points:

1) A conversation had knowingly after being fitted with a mic cannot be characterized "private."It would be like having a conversation with Howard Stern during commercial break, thinking it was private.
2) The conversation belongs to the media organization who recorded it.
3) Only one media organization is responsible for "releasing it" (assuming it was obtained legally). The rest of the media organizations are merely reporting it, as they have a right to do.
4) It's not the words themselves that trouble people -- it's what they represent.
4a) He admitted to attempting to wreck a woman's marriage
4b) His claims of using his star power to invade the personal space of women are consistent with the public record

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

He didn't say that it leads to it. He said he deserves it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: daskakik
Yes, it was a contrived argument to focus on the effect the 2 sexual predators may have on their new home.
I believe all companies should reduce their exposure to sexual predators, It's hardly a right wing stance.

But this isn't about sexual assault or misogyny . This is about sports and which team you support.

If you're serious about being against misogyny vote for Jill Stein. A woman who didn't ride the coattails of her husband.
If you're serious about being against sexual abuse vote for Jill Stein. A woman who hasn't actively attacked victims of sexual abuse for personal gain.

If your serious about sports. Go for your team and ignore all the information you can.

I got to say that I have worked with women a good deal over the years. Thats women in management top heavy with women on down. Once the only male, sometimes blended workplace.......and must say there is enough to go around for the females as well. No joke. Sexual leveraging, proposition ect, grab assing ect, foul talk ect. What world are some of yous living in?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I must say I've really enjoyed reading StallionDucks and Buzzywings back and forth.

Respect to BuzzyWings for sticking with it, even though your view of the world is terrifically distorted I do hope you enjoy that 'disney' life you expect. I think if we're honest with ourselves we'd all love a world where we are all beautifully mannered and respectful of all people equally.

And by god, many of us do try to aim towards that ideal. Most of the time we work at keeping that construction of a Utopian society. For the most part we do a pretty decent job overall.

However when you lift the veil, human desires hide underneath. We really are still very much only somewhat semi-evolved from animals. We all know it is rather shameful the thoughts we have at times, so it's hidden. Kept inside until we feel safe to open that little drawer up a little. There is a slight rush to letting a few of those dirty thoughts out loud. A small group of mates breeds a certain type of 'tough courage' where it becomes a little bit fun and naughty to say these things. It bonds them together as a group. It's a peculiar behaviour indeed, but it is also downright human for this to happen.

Also, when that small group is much larger say at a convention center, there is a loss of that small gang bond - we don't know everyone - who is on the same page as me? - I'll just be quiet and adopt typical social standards. It's basic survival mechanisms.

Buzzywings, you'd be surprised that there is locker room banter without even talking.
A few guys can look at each other after a woman has wandered by, one raises his eyebrows silently. A tiny barely visible nod from the second confirms that it is indeed smashable (in the most disgusting but delightfully sexual way). The third guy squints his eyes a tad and a wry smile goes over his face. The first two guys will look back knowing the third guys thoughts were way too gross, shake their heads at him a little because he went to a bit too far....
And then the first two guys sit and ponder for a few more seconds and nod back to guy three with a grin and an :-o face.

That BuzzyWings I'm afraid is just the wiring of us all, I'd be honestly shocked to the core if you are completely 100% honest with yourself that your internal monologue has never thought about rubbing yourself over some guys face (or something else lewd).

Personally, I'd never talk like trump did. Around guys I might laugh a bit, but I'd never say anything out loud (someone in the thread labeled that as a beta male, whatever, that's fine I just see it as trying to be respectful).
But I downright do not kid myself that I too have those thoughts and I very hypocritically ask the guys to show a bit of respect. Don't know why I do that, I do want to live in a BuzzyWings type world ideally, but it certainly wont ever happen with the thoughts that whip about in this world. Sexual desire would have to not exist. We're all hypocrites somewhere in our actions. Better to just acknowledge that I think.

StallionDuck, you rock at voicing your opinion man, much respect

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think you missed the point of the back and forth Krahzeef_Ukhar and I were having.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Orionx2

My life is fantastic. It doesn't have to be in the gutter to be enjoyable.

Arts, literature, music, travel, exploration, expanded cultural awareness... you know

or maybe you don't.

Do you hold your pinky finger out when you drink wine?.. Oh wait you probably don't drink.

It's just WORDS people... geez!

Some people enjoy to "be in the gutter" as you put it to have a good time. What's the problem?

If a person talks like that every night in their own home but nobody knows about it, are they trash??

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I wouldn't be surprised if a jury let you get in a couple of shots.

How does that work - I thought juries "heard cases" not erase/void an indictment. Words, mere words - and nobody cares how they use them. We're all guilty of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No, The Donald has never spoken to my wife or daughter... but the way he has spoken and behaved... yes, I think the man deserves anal gang rape. You disagree? You think the anal rape undeserved? You suggest I perhaps rethink the punishment of anal gang rape on The Donald? No, I think massive butt plummet might improve his temperament. The punishment stands!

edit on 13-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No, The Donald has never spoken to my wife or daughter

yes, I think the man deserves anal gang rape.

So, I think you were trying to be funny but I think that way of thinking is very real in todays election. No partisanship need be involved. It just, to me, seems to be the thought process.

Please be joking.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
AND NOW the CRUX of the issue...

BEHAVIOR patterns and HOW to recognize a sexual predatorcsom.org...

The KEY parts..Characteristics Associated with Sexual Recidivism

I’ve mentioned several times that some of these characteristics or factors are believed to be related to why individuals begin engaging in sex offending behavior. And I also noted that some of these characteristics have been found to predict reoffending—or sexual recidivism. So that you have a clear understanding of the kinds of factors that are related to recidivism, I will highlight them based on the kinds of factors that are static or unchangeable, and those which have the potential to change over time.

Use SlideUse Slide #5: Key Examples of Static Risk Factors
Slide 5
Enlarge Slide 5
For example, among other factors, researchers have found the following static factors tend to predict sexual recidivism:20

A younger age of onset of sex offending;
Having prior convictions for sex offenses;
Targeting male victims;
Having unrelated, unfamiliar victims—as opposed to victims who are within the family or who are known to the offender;
The presence of deviant sexual interests, or preferences;
Being unmarried; and
Having an antisocial personality disorder, or the presence of psychopathy.
Use SlideUse Slide #6: Key Examples of Dynamic Risk Factors
Slide 6
Enlarge Slide 6
And in addition, among the kinds of factors or variables that have the potential to change over time, and which predict sexual reoffending, are the following:21

Problems with intimacy, or conflicts in intimate relationships;
Increased hostility;
Emotional identification with children;
Becoming preoccupied with sexual matters or activities;
Lifestyle instability and self–regulation difficulties, such as employment problems, impulsivity, and substance abuse;
Attitudes and beliefs that tend to support or justify criminal or antisocial behaviors; and
Demonstrating non–compliance with supervision or treatment expectations.

NOTHING fits in Trump's history on constant and repetitive basis other than HERESAY fake stories and emo exagerration
I 'M quite sure it would have been RATHER prominant in his history.
IT ISN'T.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You know one of those things is illegal right?

What you mean all the deaths since Clinton was governor - Whitewater scandal?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

So what is a word? Something that we register logically or mentally or emotionally. Just like depression, anger, stress, anxiety, Sadness, or PTSD. If you're saying that words don't hurt then how does excessive anger or anxiety or depression or PTSD hurt us? Taken further whey do we even need councilors or therapists or psychologists the like since only physical pain is negative for us humans?

A word is the articulated guttural sounds that come out of the mouth, or the placing if letters into certain configurations on paper, on screens, or through various other mediums.

The logical registering, the understanding, the contemplating of words are in the realm of thought, and within the jurisdiction of the one thinking them.

Words have power then. You can fire someone with a word. You can start a war with a word. You can start a divorce with a word. You can emotionally scar a child for life with words. With enough words you can influence people, brainwash people and make people do things.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If I heard, oh no, The Donald was anal gang raped last night... can't say I would have any sadness for him. Perhaps if I saw the walk after I might think-- poor old man-- but then I'd think, oh well, he kinda had it coming making enemies of everyone.

As it stands, if he were to become president I think he stands a good chance of going out Gaddafi style.

edit on 13-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

IAMTAT: you are deplorable, yes.

I was brought up not to use vulgarities like that. Money doesn't buy real "class". I'm with veracity 100% on this one.

Apparently being a pathetic liar, and married to billy is "class"...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

You are wrong. My husband is appalled by the idea, and he has all of his life defended women against such degrading talk. With "manly" physical consequences being delivered to the mouths of trash-talking scum.
He believes every woman should be treated like a lady.

Chivalry, you know. You know what that means? Gentlemanly behavior? Class? Education?

I suppose you think it's cool to have a giant scrotum hanging off of your trailer hitch too (since you can't get away with letting it just dangle out of your trousers, yet).

Ow My Balls indeed. Trash.

Your husband is probably scared to death of you, gentlemanly behavior no longer allowed, only PC behavior allowed, and that is whatever the OFFENDED say it is at the time.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: JinMI

If I heard, oh no, The Donald was anal gang raped last night... can't say I would have any sadness for him. Perhaps if I saw the walk after I might think-- poor old man-- but then I'd think, oh well, he kinda had it coming making enemies of everyone.

As it stands, if he were to become president I think he stands a good chance of going out Gaddafi style.

Fair enough, at least your honest.

What if Hillary was drug into the streets of Saudi Arabia and faced, even lived through those horrors. Would you think she had it coming?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join