It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locker room banter

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hope I've made that point.
Words are hurtful. Injurious.

Point to one injury in the history of mankind caused by words.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Trump seems to have injured his chances of getting elected...
edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on 13-10-2016 by Gandalf77 because: Putting his name in all caps makes it look like you're shouting.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Words can hurt I know people who have killed themselves due to people saying things to them which hurt them badly.
I don't want words banned at all thats why I tell people sticks n stones (everyday at work tbh) but they can hurt folk, people can be damaged mentally as well as physically.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Every day this election feels more and more like a fight between good and evil. I'm just glad good is winning.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01
We dont care if you get offended.

Many say this but when it ends up in violence then the tune changes.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For the record LeBron says he would never say that...too bad he got caught sending instagram messages to an 18 year old model while married.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Words can lead to direct, injurious actions:

Ready, Aim, FIRE!

Words have stirred regular people to do horrendous things-- take Hitler's speeches as an example.

Words have destroyed political careers-- Howard Dean Yaaaah!

Jesus spoke of the importance of words:

Matthew 12:36

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Not even going into whether that is correct, how does either scenario keep either of these two men from acting out the way they do? It doesn't.

Correct, which is why I contrived my argument to specify the potential damage to interns at the white house if we assume they are both as bad as the worst one, whoever that may be.

Remove the emotional triggers like Trump or Clinton and what I said is reduced to....

A criminal who is employed full time will commit fewer crimes than a criminal who is unemployed.

I haven't studied this and it's just a guess. Crime figures could be counter intuitive when it comes to employment and I may be wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Words can hurt I know people who have killed themselves due to people saying things to them which hurt them badly.
I don't want words banned at all thats why I tell people sticks n stones (everyday at work tbh) but they can hurt folk, people can be damaged mentally as well as physically.

Not to be disrespectful in any way to your friends, bless them, but suicide entails hurting oneself. Words are not an infection, disease, or weapon that float around in the body causing harm. Being able to manipulate matter with words is sorcery. That is folk-psychology.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Ready, Aim, FIRE!

Words have stirred regular people to do horrendous things-- take Hitler's speeches as an example.

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

Pulling the trigger causes one to fire a gun.

People do horrendous things by their own will, their own body. They can do the exact opposite as well.

Jesus said a lot of things.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Ready, Aim, FIRE!

Pulling the trigger causes one to fire a gun.

People do horrendous things by their own will, their own body. They can do the exact opposite as well.

Jesus said a lot of things.

So, by your logic, said trigger is pulled in a vacuum, and not as a result of a direct, spoken order (word).

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So, by your logic, said trigger is pulled in a vacuum, and not as a result of a direct, spoken order (word).

No, I am saying it wasn't the word that caused him to pull the trigger, just like it wasn't the word that caused him not to pull the trigger if he had disobeyed. Someone else's words cannot control your limbs.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Don't bother.. This is his form of masturbation....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Don't bother.. This is his form of masturbation....

Delusions are yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So your argument is that Trump is the better choice because there won't be as many sexual assaults going on at the white house? That is the point I was making about the white house earlier. It doesn't matter where it happens so why is keeping it out of the white house a big deal?

Would it make it worse if the sexual assaults happened at Trump Tower?

Would it be better or worse than if they happened at a golf course?

edit on 13-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Every day this election feels more and more like a fight between good and evil. I'm just glad good is winning.

It actually feels like two children fighting over control of the playground while the rest of the city is being looted and trashed and burned to the ground. But no, let's watch the kids screaming at each other. Quality instructional entertainment.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hope I've made that point.
Words are hurtful. Injurious.

Point to one injury in the history of mankind caused by words.

In the "Scientific American" article, "What Causes Chest Pain When Feelings Are Hurt?", Robert Emery and Jim Coan, professors of psychology at the University of Virginia, explain that " ... emotional pain involves the same brain regions as physical pain, suggesting the two are inextricably connected.”

But..that's not what we're talking about we're talking about mental or emotional pain. You mean that words don't hurt us at all.

So what is a word? Something that we register logically or mentally or emotionally. Just like depression, anger, stress, anxiety, Sadness, or PTSD. If you're saying that words don't hurt then how does excessive anger or anxiety or depression or PTSD hurt us? Taken further whey do we even need councilors or therapists or psychologists the like since only physical pain is negative for us humans?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I really tried to stay out of this thread but I can't..

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: StallionDuck

This statement at it's core is about hurting women. "And when you are a star they let you do it, you can do anything. Grab them by the p****, you can do anything"
You and others here claim this is "normal" banter. What I'm asking is do you talk with your guy friends using similar statements that make reference to hurting a women?

I guess you've never heard of groupies, women acting like uncontrollable horny animals when their favorite rock star takes the stage. You dont think Axle Rose, Gene Simmons, Bon Jovi etc haven't had their share of women LET them grab their crotch? Notice the key words LET THEM??

Its funny also to note that Miley Cyrus came out againist Trump too, you know the classy lady who grabs her twat and twerks on stage in front of thousands of men/women?

The wholesome disney role model turned slut.

Or how about the condemnation of Arnold Schwarzenegger? Ya know the man who had a bastard child with his maid and kept it secret?

Or how about good old Robert De niro? You know the guy who is blasting trump now but gave BIll Clinton his verbal support saying what he did wasnt so bad?

The club I used do security at had the Chippendale's come one weekend. Shoulda saw how the women talked and acted. But alas liberals live in a world of double standards where do as I say and not as I do is applied.

Lets not forget the millions of people who watch/watched trash such as Jersey Shore and The Kardashians.

From what I see of everyday people in America this day and age few have any room to cast stones from their glass houses.
:/

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I seem to be wallowing in it as much as the next guy.

edit on 10/13/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Necrobile

I've known PLENTY of people who talk like that, men/women alike. So it's not just the rich, nor is it just males. I've actually heard some really nasty stuff come from women. In fact, my wife is one of them. XD

You're known by the company you keep (and marry). Low-class trash talk represents low-class, poorly-educated...well -- trash.

congratulations. You would be considered trash.

I was always told and learned from experience not all women are ladys. You are not a lady.

You are allowed to personally attack this poster and call them (their wife) trash hmmm.

Lets see if the same rules apply to the white male.

You are a self-righteousness, egotistical, pompous ass hat who is sitting on a pedestal that rivals Mount Everest in height.

You may be book smart but you are no doubt not street smart and your smart mouth would get you in trouble in some places if you ever left your sheltered holier than thou bubble and ventured into the wrong places verbally assaulting people calling them and their wife trash.

You claim to be classy and educated yet you watched a episode of Jerry Springer? Interesting.

But Im sure that even in your Christ like life you have done or said things that would make others question your morals.

You see thats the funny thing about people. Some will degrade smokers while going home and getting drunk off whiskey. Some will curse out a adulterer but go home and verbally and mentally abuse their spouse. Some will tell others they shouldn't eat at Mickey D's but smoke a pack of cigs that day.

Some will be mad at what trump says but think the way you talk to people is just as ugly and degrading as you think he is.

I have noticed how liberals like to personally attack others on ATS lately. Calling people uneducated, trash, racist, slime balls etc etc. I find a lot of you more disgusting than you find Trump to be honest.

edit on 13-10-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join