It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Locker room banter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Good to hear because your post sounded like you were drowning in the discussion of discontent contrived of many differing media-expoding postures.
It is extremely hard in this election to swim through the trash-talking It's rough out there, I agree. Glad you know where you stand.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lord this thread.

Trump did not say he HAD grabbed someone by the genitals.
People are getting all spun up about it an insinuating that its some admission of sexual assault.
Its no such thing.
He didn't say he did it and if you pay attention to what he is saying and parse the language you will understand it a little better.
He is insinuating that women are attracted to money and power and because of this they ALLOW all manner of leeway to those with money and power. They ALLOW it. That by definition would mean it would not be an assault.
He is a rich and powerful man, and one can only imagine the number of women and men who have attempted to curry favor with him. He is referring to events that may have happened in his past, but it could just as easily been hypothetical and completely made up. He talks about an effort on his part to bed a married women. While many find this offensive it hardly registers as disastrous calamity.

For the person asking "do you think its okay to talk about hurting women"
Yes, its fine. Actually hurting women would be a different conversation.
Some people actually enjoy and receive gratification from pain and oddly enough some people enjoy emotional turmoil as well. They must have drama in their life. I guess living in the happy non-offensive bubble many of you seem to operate in would make you unfamiliar with the term "sH**-Magnet".

Finally, growing up in the South I can understand why many may find Trumps manner offensive. He is the consummate New Yorker. Brash, abrasive and sometimes foul. One thing I was always taught however is that one does not raise their own social standing by calling out the social standing of others, for those who may not understand what I mean, Its not classy to call someone low-class.
Just keep that in mind.

edit on 13-10-2016 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Alright, I'll answer your question: No I don't. Any more than I think Trump would have married her if she didn't look a certain way.

Golddiggers absolutely exist, no doubt. Do you think that means that every woman would be thrilled to have Donald grab their genitals?

Absolutely not.

However golddiggers would be thrilled.
That's all he was saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I think it has effected you all your life. It explains why you are so highly sensitive to victims, like yourself and that is not all a totally bad thing.
However, in this political atmosphere, you have become highly charged-possibly due to the extremism of the tattletelling of the media and atsers.
I'd say, try to focus on issues-not the constant battle drum of negative persona. It's nauseating-both candidates are bad dudes.

Wow! I think this is the closest to an accurate description of my inner being than anyone has ever articulated besides myself.

I am highly charged, thank you for noticing. I am trying to pull back, but I am very much concerned. Thanks for reminding me (as a few other members have done) to not come to these meetings......

And for now, I shall take my leave. Hope you all watch "The Englishman" if you have a chance.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow.

It took me reading 10 pages of this thread, to realize that I am an uneducated, stupid, low life white trash person. I guess I should go cry in the corner and try to figure out where my life went so utterly, and completely wrong.

Yeah, no thanks.

After 40+ years, I like to live in the real world. I am female. I know men say bad, scary things about females. I also know females say bad, scary things about males.
And guess what?
IT HAPPENS IN EVERY "CLASS" OF SOCIETY, NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!

Sheesh, this thread sure brought out the best in some people.

Its not classy to call someone low-class. Just keep that in mind.

Absolutely true poster!
edit on 13-10-2016 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
So I think its clear a vote for Trump is a vote for misogyny, abuse of power, and sexual assault.

And a vote for Clinton is a vote for "stay with your man and you can achieve anything".

Neither is a good choice in terms of fighting misogyny. Or in any terms I can think of really.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Please refer back to my previous post (edited) if you are wondering about my particular stance. It has been a while since I've allowed the media to dictate my thoughts for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

And the best part is if you own a beauty contest you can walk in their dressing room while they're naked and stare at their bodies. Even as young as 15. Such an awesome perk. And p***y grabbing too. So great to be able to just grab a girl by her p***y without consent. And none of it is illegal.... or is it? Oh well, who are they going to complain to? Lol

edit on 13-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
So I think its clear a vote for Trump is a vote for misogyny, abuse of power, and sexual assault.

And a vote for Clinton is a vote for "stay with your man and you can achieve anything".

Neither is a good choice in terms of fighting misogyny. Or in any terms I can think of really.

So you equate staying with your husband to... sexual assault? You know one of those things is illegal right?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

He is insinuating that women are attracted to money and power and because of this they ALLOW all manner of leeway to those with money and power. They ALLOW it. That by definition would mean it would not be an assault.

There are a number of women (myself included) who would not prostitute themselves at the mere presence of wealth and let anyone grab them by their privates. Saying that women (note he didn't say some women) allow this as a response to power and fame demonstrates a lack of respect and understanding of women in general.
edit on 13-10-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Brilliant.

Where exactly did I say anything like that? I am talking about talking. You know, words? Spoken between two people, that I can only assume thought that the conversation was private?

Because let's face it, If it was so wrong for him to just say it, why was it ok for the other fellow to laugh so hard about it? Isn't that basically encouraging/agreeing?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Words like a confession? Words like, it's so awesome to own a beauty pangent because you can walk into young girls dressing rooms while they're totally naked and get away with it-- because they have no one they can complain to? Or words like its great being a star, you can do whatever you want, just start kissing, grab them by their p***y. Just words as in confessions of entitled sexual assault? Those kind of words.

edit on 13-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
and also:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I'm not equating the staying with your husband to sexual assault.

I'm just saying that if the goal is fighting misogyny, both are awful choices.

The choice is an arrogant sleaze, or a woman who stayed with an arrogant sleaze for political purposes.
Regardless who wins the losers will be the interns at the whitehouse.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And here comes the potential actions backing up the words:

West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)Donald Trump on Thursday slammed "vicious" reports that he had allegedly groped women, saying they were were "pure fiction," "outright lies" and promised to provide evidence to prove they were untrue.

"These claims are all fabricated. They're pure fiction and outright lies. These events never ever happened," Trump said during a rally in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Trump is battling allegations that came to light Wednesday after two women told The New York Times in a report that the Republican presidential nominee touched them inappropriately, allegations that were quickly followed by a similar claim in People Magazine.

edition.cnn.com...

Yes… they’re all lies… lies!

These women are just looking for their moment of fame.

Aren’t they?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
edition.cnn.com...

Yes… they’re all lies… lies!

These women are just looking for their moment of fame.

Aren’t they?

There really should be more people by now.
He's had a solid 50 years of kissing and p***y grabbing, yet only 2 examples?

What kind of mysogynist can respect those numbers?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
If Trump would have said "I was exaggerating a bit, I was being rediculous, I would never and have never just grabbed someone's p***y" then I could relate, but he tries to dismiss it as "locker room banter". Who talks like this in locker rooms? I am not male and I am not filthy rich so I have no idea what the filthy rich males talk about in the locker room...please be honest...have you ever heard anyone talk so disrespectfully like he did? Is this really locker room banter of the filthy rich? Another reason to dislike the stupid rich people?

Anyone know? Is this normal? Bc to me it's the worse and most dangerous attitude to have. To say it (even though it was 10 yrs ago) then to defend it saying it was just locker room banter. And followers are agreeing with him?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

I have heard far worse than this in the way of "locker room banter". You truly don't want to know what it is really like.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

A little trickle now, but a possible flood later?

We'll see. When it comes to he 'said/she said' situations, nobody ever gets to the truth unless it's on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Your missing the point. There is no need for blackmail because they are doing the teacher.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join