It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Locker room banter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Now I understand why Trump supporters judge Bill so hard with Monica. He waited for her consent. Bad play, dude. You're supposed to just grab it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This. Yes, 10000 times yes. you got it. Like, totally. Shut it down. You did it. Congratulations! Love it. So true.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: veracity

It wasn't locker talk, he wasn't at the gym. He was on a tour bus, in a suit on his way to a function.

Locker room talk is a figure of speech. You know this, dont be obtuse.
edit on 13-10-2016 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yes, he is an arrogant sleaze that expects to have everything handed to him because it always is.

Do you think he's holding down these women and forcibly kissing them? Or is he just being honest about the fact that some people only care about fame and even though he's not a 10 (maybe a 3), he can still do stupidly well with the ladies.

If Justin Bieber or Mick Jagger said the exact same thing would you be equally shocked?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

The only thing that might be more perplexing than the psychology of Donald Trump is the psychology of his supporters. In their eyes, The Donald can do no wrong. Even Trump himself seems to be astonished by this phenomenon. “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK? It’s, like, incredible.”

Senator John McCain, who has been a regular target for Trump during his campaign, has a simple explanation for his unwavering support. “What he did was he fired up the crazies.”

While the former Republican presidential nominee may be on to something, he doesn’t exactly provide a very satisfying scientific explanation. So how exactly are Trump loyalists psychologically or neurologically different from everyone else? What is going on in their brains that makes them so blindly devoted?

Here we go, then:

The Dunning-Kruger Effect:
Chapter five – The Dunning–Kruger Effect: On Being Ignorant of One's Own Ignorance

Some believe that many of those who support Donald Trump do so because of ignorance — basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

And here's the abstract from the peer-reviewed scientific study describing the Dunning-Kruger Effect:

In this chapter, I provide argument and evidence that the scope of people's ignorance is often invisible to them.

This meta-ignorance (or ignorance of ignorance) arises because lack of expertise and knowledge often hides in the realm of the “unknown unknowns”
This means "fear of the unknown" keeps people from looking into things they don't know out of fear that they will be hurt if they do.

or is disguised by erroneous beliefs and background knowledge that only appear to be sufficient to conclude a right answer.
Like, never being exposed to anything but right-wing talk radio, or gangsta rap, or Bob Evans food.

As empirical evidence of meta-ignorance, I describe the Dunning–Kruger effect, in which poor performers in many social and intellectual domains seem largely unaware of just how deficient their expertise is.

Their deficits leave them with a double burden—not only does their incomplete and misguided knowledge lead them to make mistakes but those exact same deficits also prevent them from recognizing when they are making mistakes and other people choosing more wisely.

And here's the last line:

...If self-perceptions of competence so often vary from the truth,
(like Trump thinking he's fit to be POTUS)

what cues are people using to determine whether their conclusions are sound or faulty?

They are using the only information they have been given. They are poorly educated.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Why would they need to go to class?

They were in tight with the teacher.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Who said I was shocked?

It doesn't bother me at all but that doesn't mean it isn't what it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
What people are willing to forgive and defend in the name of the political representative they favor (on both sides) is both astonishing and disturbing. I wonder if a psychological study has ever been conducted on this rather terrifying subject?

I know, it's crazy, I've asked multiple times if people think that Melania would have married Trump if he wasn't famous.

Trump supporters can't answer because it makes Trump look bad.
Clinton supporters can't answer because it shows Trump's comments were correct.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am terribly sorry about your bullying-I think it has effected you all your life. It explains why you are so highly sensitive to victims, like yourself and that is not all a totally bad thing.
However, in this political atmosphere, you have become highly charged-possibly due to the extremism of the tattletelling of the media and atsers.
I'd say, try to focus on issues-not the constant battle drum of negative persona. It's nauseating-both candidates are bad dudes.

It's the issues that matter. We all agree; Trump's an idiot-Hilary's a evil bitch. Your choice. Yeah, it's scary but don't get too lost.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: avgguy

Say one specific example that's worse than a guy saying he has the privelege as a star to commit sexual assault by grabbing a girl by her p***y.

Give one specific lewd example that's worse.

I would, but I dont want to be banned from ATS.
Come on, its not hard to think of something worse.
edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The guy brags about his privilege to walk into a dressing room to stare at young naked girls without their consent. And he brags about his privilege as a star to sexually assault women without consequence. He's openly bragging about his abuse of power.

If you want to make the equivalent locker room talk, it's the male gym teacher who can walk into the girl's locker room and just start kissing them, anything he wants... even grab them by their p****y.
edit on 13-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I know, it's crazy, I've asked multiple times if people think that Melania would have married Trump if he wasn't famous.

Alright, I'll answer your question: No I don't. Any more than I think Trump would have married her if she didn't look a certain way.

Golddiggers absolutely exist, no doubt. Do you think that means that every woman would be thrilled to have Donald grab their genitals?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
If you want to make the equivalent locker room talk, it's the male gym teacher who can walk into the girl's locker room and just start kissing them, anything he wants... even grab them by their p****y.

Not quite, it's more like NBA players talking about the groupies they use and throw away like a newspaper.

link   
a reply to: coop039

So it's okay for the POTUS to say stuff that would get you banned from ATS? Do you understand the disconnect here?

link   
Pure locker room guy( or gal) talk. Always, everywhere. Since the first human beings, or at least, since the first locker rooms.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

You're getting lost in all this hyperbole. There is no question Trump's a gross disgusting sexually sounding(no proof) idiot.
We know this. It has been admitted.
But this is a politcal point? Not in this election.
The other choice is pure evil.
This ain't pretty-both are extremely ugly. But one is worse. That's the real issue.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Because in a lot of classes that have a mass amount of people attend generally they have some time of attendance. So I'm assuming they weren't showing up for lecture and probably not anything else.

For the record I'm not defending what trump said, it was wrong, but I won't pretend that I haven't heard worse in an actual lockeroom.
edit on 13-10-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Don't worry I know exactly where I stand and why. Thanks for the concern, though

I might as well say it here: I'm voting 4th party because the other candidates are morally reprehensible to me, and to show that I and we the people still have a democratic choice for whom we cast our votes. So please don't assume I'm caught up in the false dichotomy. I'd suggest you consider this option as well.

edit on 13-10-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So I think its clear a vote for Trump is a vote for misogyny, abuse of power, and sexual assault.

Kind of amazing that we have such an epic misogynist (the literal definition of the glass ceiling) running against who is likely to become the first female President.

It's like the final Boss Battle in a misogynist video game.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join