It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate watchers batter Trump piñata outside St. Louis restaurant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Christosterone

Nobody in St. Louis takes the Gravois Park area where this happened seriously. Most St. Louisans frequent the restaurants that don't make them sick and employ documented workers. That is a dangerous part of town that is pretty insulated. It will implode soon enough, then the incidences of car jacking and burglary will rise.

Oh really? Seems like a pretty large crowd to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Obama pinatas are a real thing you can buy online and Im sure not one has ever been bought by a conservative..:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

That's not big at all. I suppose you would have to know the area to make that judgement. If I had been in the area I would have probably stopped to take a look also. Most people other than the down and out, or the criminally minded spend any real time in that part of St. Louis. A lot of local investment money has been dumped into the area attempting to bring all the old beautiful buildings back to life, but the immigrant population prefer to have control and chase away by various means any real help for the area.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Liberals now will claim it is just a pinata, but if a conservative did it, it would be a hate crime. They love their double standards.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The pinata batters should be ashamed of appropriating Spanish culture !

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I hardly think that what we are seeing going on in that area of St. Louis is just an example of Spanish culture, more like an incitement of a bunch of illegals hating on the person that may end up demanding that they obey the law and stop asking for handouts.

edit on 13-10-2016 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Only one way to remedy this Civil War 2017.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Only one way to remedy this Civil War 2017.

Its already here father vs son, father vs daughter, husband vs wife, mother vs son, the election will decide the winner.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: reldra

A pinata os just a pinata. Really.

I agree...but would a piñata of Obama be just an piñata...
We both know the answer to that

-Chris

Obama has been hung in effigy countless times. Want some links?

www.truthrevolt.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 13-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Liberals now will claim it is just a pinata, but if a conservative did it, it would be a hate crime. They love their double standards.

Conservatives have done it....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of this type of protest in general (I think it's juvenile), but you must admit, there is a big difference in the optics of beating an Obama effigy vs. a Trump effigy, and that difference is based entirely on the history of slavery in this country, and the imagery of slaves hanging from trees.

Given the historical nature of his presidency (our first black President), it's inevitable that people would draw connections between effigies of Obama and the long history of racial discrimination in this country.

I'm not accusing everyone who did such things of BEING racist, just to be clear. I'm just saying the parallel is there.

Hanging a trump effigy? No such connection exists.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So I guess this offends you too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join