It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Im gonna be honest, i did the journey on my own, do i know everything? No, My purpose for doing this was my own, i tried to ask masons several times about things and realized most of them did not know more than i did.. If you ask them for story, they will most likely give you one..

I took me almost a decade, and the hours put in, is insane.. But i came to the center of things.. Its the journey, not the destination and most of my finds are made by mistake, tragic enough.

If you ask a mason;" how?" He will explain. Ask him;" why?" and he is blind in faith like most people are.. Most of the things they do, i dont understand, but the thing is, we are primates being taught to be humans..

I had a reason for my journey, i wanted to understand my heritage cause it was wiped out.. Did i find it, yes i did..
The thousands of myths, the thousands of stories, the numerous mentors, discussions, books became compiled with a single finding..

Everyone of us, what we achieve in life, can be summed up on a single page at the end of it.. If the stories makes you believe you wrote a book, and makes you human, then the trade of replacing knowledge to become human is fair.. Their rituals are maybe complicated and weird, but easily explained by a human standpoint..

I just wanted to tell you the story about my journey before you take yours.. Cause its not something you will find in a book..

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Im being initiated next year, are you saying not to bother? a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lompyt

Im not gonna say to anyone what they should do, you can do the journey on your own.. ( not recommended ).. Its not about facts, its about understanding why, not how..

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If you have damning evidence showing the Masons are not just a bunch of ole boys who raise money for charity post it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

It´s not only charity. There is way more behind it than the thought of charity.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yeah built many a house around here a hundred years ago sorry I know Masons and that is what they are Good ole boys who want time away from the Mrs a drink and raise money for kids.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
Yet it does not make my statement untrue. ;-)
Why charity, ask yourself this. What is the purpose when you do charity? Charity is only the effect, the reason is another one.

From the OP

Its the journey, not the destination

edit on 13-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've toyed with the idea of joining a lodge for years. I think the biggest thing for me is i don't like time away from the wife, nd don't particularly enjoy socializing. So i have no real idea whats going on in a lodge....

.....other than reading. And all I really see is analogies, metaphors, and allegories containing lessons about stuff that is, for the most part, common sense to most people of reasonable intelligence.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

....other than reading. And all I really see is analogies, metaphors, and allegories containing lessons about stuff that is, for the most part, common sense to most people of reasonable intelligence.

The question is, what are they doing with this information? If everyone who has that common sense tries practice it, the world would be a far better place. Yet, many who openly expose themselves as masons (or pretend to be) don´t do this everyday. Including myself, I sometimes loose my self a little bit and get snarky, while I should know better.

What I find questioning is when alleged "lodges" overseas distort the picture to a point where it´s not anymore about the way and values, but see and to be seen, like the ranks and ceremonies are something to check of in a weekend. That I write this here is even questionable to the way but in todays times, even some of the most core lodges have websites today, where you can find this information, it´s nothing secret, but I stop here.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ego.

Growing up in the buckle of the bible belt, i was early on aware of the 2 types of church goer: the truly faithful, and then those who just want to be seen.

The truly faithful don't see it as a fashion show, or a tool to brow beat with. Being seen is irrelevant to the truly faithful.

I think that this is humanity at work....and you will see the exact same behaviors in your lodge i suspect.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Matthew/Matthäus 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Im trying to understand your OP... please help me.

You went on a journey.. you found your story is like most and can be summed on a piece of paper.

You mention Masons so I am assuming your journey included asking them questions which I have no idea what they were.

My journey reading literature is enjoyable and it's my outlet just as working out is an outlet for me. These two things I enjoy along with fishing. I find a lot of meaning in the books I read. They each connect like a puzzle even when the subject is different. It's a beautiful thing for me really.

We are all different on our journey here and while you may have an opinion regarding yours.. I am ok with mine. My destiny is already written.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

While this seems minor, this is one of the notions that pushed me away from Christianity: that we are rewarded for good character. To me, the reward is the action itself. When I do something for someone, i do it for myself. Not for them. Because the reward is the action itself.

There are many notions that pushed me away, and in the broad scope this is not in the top 3. But it is significant to me, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I think he means the esoteric is within your grasp, outside the confines of structure. You can search and find just about all of it on your own, and you might find your own truths along the way.

I spent maybe 8 years studying various esoterica myself. It does change the way you think, and the way you see your place in this world.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No, I get your point. I disagree on many christian views (I was raised strict catholic), too. Religions can be good for a moral base, but we all know that religion is also the reason for so many deaths. There is only one commandment for me, all the other ones are covered by this: Love. Love the nature, your fellow humans and yourself. I mean, if there is a god like described. He would not judge me because of my religion or someone disbelieve in him, he surely would judge on what we do to make this world better.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Ahhh... ok. Thank you for clarifying.

I began my journey in 1995 which still continues today and will until I take my last breath. Although today, its more out of enjoyment, as I have come to a point in my studies whereas I hear the same drum beat. This familiar drum beat soothes the core of my being.

In regards to Masons.. I have this feeling some of these groups will (if need be) protect "we the people" if it ever comes down to it. In other words, they will be the peoples army. This may be a fairy tale but I can't prove any different right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

While this seems minor, this is one of the notions that pushed me away from Christianity: that we are rewarded for good character. To me, the reward is the action itself. When I do something for someone, i do it for myself. Not for them. Because the reward is the action itself.

There are many notions that pushed me away, and in the broad scope this is not in the top 3. But it is significant to me, nonetheless.

I totally agree. I was talking to my 16 yr old daughter about self love. I told her it's like an image in a mirror. What she portrays is what is mirrored back. If she portrays herself in a way that doesn't reflect self respect she cannot expect respect from others. It's a law!

What you give to the Universe comes right back to you. There is no other way.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

"we" are the people, every free man (and also woman) can become a mason, the thing that we have separated lodges is historical and not to be understood as discriminating against women, by the way. The contrary. Don´t count on a mason army... You just can hope the more powerful masons will do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I had no clue a woman could become a mason. I know they can join the Order of the Easter Stars and for younger ladies Job's Daughters and Rainbow Girls. My cousin was in the Rainbow Girls. She loved it.

new topics

top topics

join