It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preview function for news submission?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When submitting a story, you sometimes don't realize there are mistakes until after it appears with all of the formatting in place.

Is there a way to include a preview function for news stories as there is for regular ATS threads?

I think that would be a great help.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, I usually double check my submissions before submitting them, and there is always the "edit" button if you really screw up? But I have to agree, it would be a neat feature.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's news, so take a little more care with it than you normally might with your 'average' posts. thats not to say you shouldn't take care to begin with, but had this been ATSNN, I would have uppercase the "thats" at the beginning of this sentence, as well as placed an apostrophe. i also just corrected a typo in "apostrophe."

There's nothing a quick read wouldn't catch, and you'd be saving yourself time in the end.

"Haste makes waste."

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ace...

I agree. It would be a nice function. There are certain things that can't be previewed when pre-typing an article in wordpad or notepad, like figures, links, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

When submitting a story, you sometimes don't realize there are mistakes until after it appears with all of the formatting in place.

I completely agree with that.

I suppose if you're real concerned you could submit things "the old fashioned way".
But who has the time to do that?

new topics

top topics

join