It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are only two things you can control, your thoughts and your actions..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Fine I'll sit here and eat it and chocolate wouldn't have been my choice...

What would be your choice and do you have any control over what you prefer?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

100% Situational as it arises focus shifts to preference moment to moment. Just know that it is always SNAFU and if not then it's about to be a SHTF scenario so be on your toes... now that you've lowered your intake of caffeine by being a brat you'll fall asleep first giving me the upper hand... coffee? I only offer so we can be friends again meaning you don't have to watch your back when all are friendlies they'll watch it for you... depends on how far your trust goes into accepting or not accepting the coffee and so does how well you'll sleep.

A dump truck hauling fireworks could drive on fire into a nitroglycerin factory and I'd sleep through it and wake up fresh as a daisy where the factory used to be and go hmmm since that's already occurred and people are on top of it how does it concern me... am I blocking the bulldozer or something?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Is there actually anyone in there controlling brain activity? Urges and cravings do not belong to anyone.
A rich man will never enter the kingdom - the belief that cravings and urges, thoughts and actions belong to you, makes you a rich man.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Caring if a terrorist is going to come cut off your head gives you the illusion you have one to lose... see how that works?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Caring if a terrorist is going to come cut off your head gives you the illusion you have one to lose... see how that works?

What has that got to do with the discussion?
Why is it that the mind has to bring in other stuff? Is it just so the real question won't be entertained or answered?
No one can choose to care or not care if a terrorist will chop their head off.
No fearful thoughts about having my head cut off happen here - but fearful thoughts about that may happen elsewhere.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

yes like i said, thoughts are a product of our experiences, environment and how we perceive the world..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Why be more fearful of the ephemeral?

I've no doubt about reality if you want an answer and you truly believe in one mind ask yourself the question and see what comes back if you already have one then you're simply waiting to compare and contrast... I've no questions perhaps that's why they keep getting posed.

Hi welcome to concept would you like to try a myriad of things it's on special? There's already a myriad of things they happen on their own accord choosing what occurs is circumstantial at best... as all previous choosing gave rise to the last via intent of some nature.

Just here eating sleeping and pooping and until whatever is resolved that thinks it has something to do with me even though it doesn't then enjoy the futility thinking that it does.

I can't solve anyone's illusions or delusions for them that's personal business. But I can say here's what helped me get through a similar situation.

Philosophical reaching and inquiry only passes one's time like playing a game of solitaire instead of finishing up those TPS reports.

How is answering your questions going to help you? I don;t have nor want the question nor any answer that may be waiting no matter what I'd have to say about it... I don't even know the question it has yet to exist even though it does to you... I never even read it because moot I suppose that is impolite but so is baiting a hook expecting hunger when the one baiting it is the one hungering.

So you said something about controlling what you prefer... not answering your question or even knowing what it is; is an example of controlling what I perfer you have no control over that no matter how insistent. As I'm not even curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Do you believe that you can control your thoughts and actions?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I find it highly ironic that somebody who accuses others of trolling is the main perpetrator of dodging, deflecting and going off, in great detail, on irrelevant tangents that have little to do with the actual discussion at hand.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thought is not required for action...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Since you found irony here's a shirt for those wrinkles in the mind.

There is no topic at hand except what arises in front of you at the moment of reading and every conversation I have had with itsnowagain and anyone else here is logged as one single conversation forum posts and topic aside so when the conversation picks back up in relation to the new topic I remember all the previous conversations all across the entire board with everyone...

So when the debate goes on and on and someone keeps skipping their record in a groove you nudge them o get going because there's more than that one groove to the song

Life is music and one large dance from smallest to largest thinking it has a beginning or an end is ignorance conscious awareness has always been yours mine everyone's and that's the all... covering it up is life after life form after form in unawareness until there is awareness that sees this entire process fully and then what happens? Form doesn't matter because the emptiness that is concept is not mind it is an anchor to the current form and when those fetters others hold since yours are already cut by then are cut loose then like a balloon you float away to a different form... yet conscious is aware of the changing of forms and in such a manner birth and death ceases to exist.

Clinging to form or a life is stress the desire to keep and maintain something that is always arising and always passing is futile that's the law of impermanence none of these concepts are reality but they can be made into creations or other form... and contact with these other forms typically go on in unawareness... walking down a road but not thinking about the road yet it still exists or does it that's the illusion.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Thought is not required for action...

Do you believe that you can control your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

No one is doing any thinking I hope you're not trying to blame me for all of this... you already took credit a while back remember?

Does the pitcher pour the water or just hold it?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: tikbalang

impulse thoughts cannot be controlled but how they are viewed and manipulated to a more positive chain of thoughts can be, thus controlling your thoughts, if something bad pops into my head i chuckle to myself then throw it clean out after contemplating it for a second, the advanced consciousness throws these thoughts at us regularly and its up to us how we perceive them and how/if we act upon them.

I think its called brainwashing?

My thought baby got thrown out with my brainwashing bath water.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Dark Ghost

Since you found irony here's a shirt for those wrinkles in the mind.

There is no topic at hand except what arises in front of you at the moment of reading and every conversation I have had with itsnowagain and anyone else here is logged as one single conversation forum posts and topic aside so when the conversation picks back up in relation to the new topic I remember all the previous conversations all across the entire board with everyone...

So when the debate goes on and on and someone keeps skipping their record in a groove you nudge them o get going because there's more than that one groove to the song

Life is music and one large dance from smallest to largest thinking it has a beginning or an end is ignorance conscious awareness has always been yours mine everyone's and that's the all... covering it up is life after life form after form in unawareness until there is awareness that sees this entire process fully and then what happens? Form doesn't matter because the emptiness that is concept is not mind it is an anchor to the current form and when those fetters others hold since yours are already cut by then are cut loose then like a balloon you float away to a different form... yet conscious is aware of the changing of forms and in such a manner birth and death ceases to exist.

Clinging to form or a life is stress the desire to keep and maintain something that is always arising and always passing is futile that's the law of impermanence none of these concepts are reality but they can be made into creations or other form... and contact with these other forms typically go on in unawareness... walking down a road but not thinking about the road yet it still exists or does it that's the illusion.

RE: "until there is awareness that sees this entire process fully and then what happens? "

Awareness finally concludes illusion is also an illusion.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Illusion takes more than one observer otherwise it's just awareness. No one else observing... who is going to validate or invalidate an individual awareness? Itself or just the conceptual load it is bearing called a mind?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No one is doing any thinking I hope you're not trying to blame me for all of this... you already took credit a while back remember?

It is not that no one is doing any thinking - there isn't anyone......so how could I blame you? And there is no one that can take any credit.
What is appearing is simply appearing.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Everything is basically sumed up in this one photo... thought is the chalk dog but the dog doesn't know it's not real and of course the dogs nature reacts to the appearance just the same as if it were.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join