It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are only two things you can control, your thoughts and your actions..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Sorry but I do not agree with was is being said in the video.

Those people have no practical of experience of thought control. Hence not much to offer.

Many thoughts will drop away when it is realised that thought is never speaking about 'you'. There is great interest in thought when it seems to be talking about 'you and yours'.
The thing is, there is a belief that thought is helping you - that it has something to offer, that it can give you something. But mostly it takes you away from what is actually happening - thought is trying to help you escape - but there is nowhere to go. Thought pretends it can save you but what do you really need saving from? Thought is what produces anxiety.
What's wrong with right now until you think?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Is it possible to see the nature of thought?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

thought is a prerequisite of evolution, every thought is learned from!
The thing you are talking about will be experienced on death or ascension, whichever way you want to loo at it.
i am living in the now, the present, and it is in the now where i need to concentrate my mind on...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
i am living in the now, the present, and it is in the now where i need to concentrate my mind on...

You are not living in the now!!!!
There is only ever now and it is happening as whatever is happening.
The mind (thoughts) cannot think about now - so it splits now into 'before and after' and in that (never existing) before and after the mind believes it has power.
What is happening (now) is simply just happening (including thoughts of other times).

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Seeing and hearing are happening now - seeing does not require thought - in fact thought is seen to be happening. Within the seeing, thoughts appear!
Without the 'knowing presence' nothing could appear to be known.
You are merely the witness of all that arises - you do not think.

edit on 16-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Seeing and hearing are happening now - seeing does not require thought - in fact thought is seen to be happening. Within the seeing, thoughts appear!
Without the 'knowing presence' nothing could appear to be known.
You are merely the witness of all that arises - you do not think.

Not sure why you are plucking all these YouTube videos and posting them.

Can't you figure it out by yourself. I mean, have you ever tried to figure out how it all works based on your experience and experiments.

In the earlier video of the lady. I though she was going to do a strip-tease

edit on 16-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Not sure why you are plucking all these YouTube videos and posting them.

Can't you figure it out by yourself. I mean, have you ever tried to figure out how it all works based on your experience and experiments.

Yes - thoughts are seen to happen spontaneously here. The videos are posted to show how it has been recognised by others. By watching and hearing the videos the nature of thought can be seen.

edit on 16-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes - thoughts are seen to happen spontaneously here. The videos are posted to show how it has been recognised by others. By watching and hearing the videos the nature of thought can be seen.

That is not what I felt. The last two videos had two individuals wafflng their way through something that they had no clue about. Sorry, but that was my feeling.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

"If you most profoundly enter into the examination of how thoughts arise you would notice that you do not think , it is brain activity, you have never had any thoughts whatsoever, thoughts are arising, you are not thinking ".
Taken from the Adi Da clip.

It is totally obvious that thought just happens - and that I am the witness to the arising thought - I do not do thought. I am not the doer of anything - everything is simply just happening.
The mind will not want you to hear this and will do anything for it not to be heard.

edit on 17-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

set your thoughts on the right frequency (think of positive things!!) and you will attract more thoughts on that frequency,
we know you cant stop what comes into your head we are talking about influencing what comes into your head, you are
speaking so vehemently on this subject but you could not live a life with what you say, and i like life

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have long puzzled over where thoughts come from.

They bubble up at the most unexpected moments, sometimes they are useful reminders of things left undone, other times unpleasant and every now and again gloriously uplifting, awe inspiring and you feel the 'oneness'.

How i envy those who can live in that thought/ feeling/ understanding - a thought just occurred
most religions especially the non abrahamic ones I believe are trying to 'guide' us there.

I think thoughts just come to us but the law of attraction is key here and the more we are 'words fail me here but kind of like achieving nirvana/enlightenment....' then the more 'positive' the thoughts that come to us.

I tend to ' ' words when they are not quite what i want to say or the words are heavy with associated meaning and emotional feelings and by ' ' ing them I am trying to stop any drift through 'over definition' of words if you know what I mean

Anyway back on topic - we do, or should at least, have complete control over what we do with that thought (you know i'm going to think of thoughts as presents from now on). We can choose to act on the thought, think on it more, ignore it, send it back to whence it came and probably more but it is 'us' that chooses.

Hope that makes sense, I know I tend to rambling.

P.S. Note to self - do the clear mind stuff again methodically and stick with it. (My monkey mind refuses to let me continue for more than a few days before I forget - must scratch 'think' in a few useful places)

edit on 17-10-2016 by johnb because: corrections

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

"If you most profoundly enter into the examination of how thoughts arise you would notice that you do not think , it is brain activity, you have never had any thoughts whatsoever, thoughts are arising, you are not thinking ".
Taken from the Adi Da clip.

It is totally obvious that thought just happens - and that I am the witness to the arising thought - I do not do thought. I am not the doer of anything - everything is simply just happening.
The mind will not want you to hear this and will do anything for it not to be heard.

Perhaps your views but not what I feel and know.

You seem to literally take in what these people are saying . They are wrong. Looks like they need to learn how to think again. They have degenerated so much that they see thoughts as uncontrollable" brain activity".

I find it extremely surprising that these two characters portrayed in those last two Youtube videos have not even heard of stilling the mind and are not capable of doing it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

we know you cant stop what comes into your head

I disagree vehemently.

Not only can you train your mind to be still but also you can train it to hold on to one single thought (of you own selection) and to be so powerfully focussed on that particular train of thought that it would feel like carving the ether with a dagger.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I find it extremely surprising that these two characters portrayed in those last two Youtube videos have not even heard of stilling the mind and are not capable of doing it.

Can you please answer this question?
Why is there any need to still the mind? For what purpose? Do thoughts bother you?

And here is another video.

edit on 17-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

we know you cant stop what comes into your head we are talking about influencing what comes into your head, you are
speaking so vehemently on this subject but you could not live a life with what you say, and i like life

How can you suggest in one breath that people cannot control what comes into their heads, but in another breath imply that people can control what influences what comes into their heads?

Unless you are suggesting that every person lives a secluded, solitary life away from a society or civilisation, there will be some type of influence on their thoughts.

What it seems like you are suggesting is that people who maintain similar morals as you will experience positive thoughts if they remove what you consider detrimental influences and embrace what you consider positive influences.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I disagree vehemently.

Not only can you train your mind to be still but also you can train it to hold on to one single thought (of you own selection) and to be so powerfully focussed on that particular train of thought that it would feel like carving the ether with a dagger.

You cannot "train your mind" in the sense that you claim (permanently). It's actually only temporary respite from the plethora of thoughts that tend to flood your mind when you are not actively resisting them.

"Stilling" your mind requires active mediation to filter out undesirable thoughts and distractions.

Unless you are suggesting every single person meditates constantly, it is not a possible reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

yes that is exactly what i am trying to say, but i tend to just write the thoughts that come into my head in my replies and don't try and perfect it for the more literately enabled, i save that sh*t for my uni coursework..

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

when i say "we" i mean the majority of us humans, im sure there are many people that can do that, through meditation.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

when i say "we" i mean the majority of us humans, im sure there are many people that can do that, through meditation.

I understand. Even I make the mistake of using "we" when I mean people generally.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

You cannot "train your mind" in the sense that you claim (permanently). It's actually only temporary respite from the plethora of thoughts that tend to flood your mind when you are not actively resisting them.

"Stilling" your mind requires active mediation to filter out undesirable thoughts and distractions.

Unless you are suggesting every single person meditates constantly, it is not a possible reality.

No , I am not suggesting meditating constantly. Stilling the mind for short periods of anything between a few minutes to an hour , on a regular basis, has a permanent impact. The permanent impact is that less thoughts invade your mind without even having to actively block them.

As we are not vegetables, when the mind is not being stilled, it is being directed towards a specific purpose with deadly (for want of a better word) intent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join