It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are only two things you can control, your thoughts and your actions..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80
What is the problem with thoughts?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

self-centered thought, thought directed by the self is conditioned by the image we have of who we think we are at a material level, therefore everything we perceive has to fit to satisfy the image we have created of our selfs.this is along my way of thinking, but releasing ourselves from self-orientated thought, is maybe not a good idea for someone that is immersed in a material world, and to fail in this world is to fail at life because this is the level we are on at the moment, remember the image of the self is made by us as we have created it from conditioning from birth as well as the universal archetypes that are already in our make-up. so we can only realy change the now by concentrating our thoughts on the present the image of the self will change in conjunction with the things that you are concentrating your thoughts on,For example i have a 1500 word essay on two psychological perspectives on a character or famous person in history etc, i didn't start this thread with the intention to get some ideas for my essay but due to this i know what 2 perspectives i'am going to use, and have some great views on "the self" which has given me some great new insight. so my concentration on this subject has directed me to writing this thread thus giving me new ideas on the thing that i have been thinking about as of late. For me i would like to know how to walk before i can run, so my main concerns in this moment of my life is to concentrate my thoughts on things that will benefit me in the material world at the moment, i have no doubt that the advanced consciousness is an omniscient and omnipresent thing, but maybe thats a level of human evolution that we are not able to get to yet, until ascension.....
edit on 14-10-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

also what you are proposing is to free yourselves from thought and to be whole,therefore you would no longer have a need for your physical body...
edit on 14-10-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Don't think of a red balloon. Oops, looks like you don't have control of your thoughts.

Seriously though, I don't believe anyone can truly control their own thoughts, only their actions. Thoughts come out of nowhere and before you know it you're thinking of something you had no idea was coming.

You are just the "conduit" between the thought and the action, you cannot control your own thoughts in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: crowdedskies

where would you suggest to do the research for those of us who would like to practice..

Like I said, Thought Control is the prerequisite of any serious esoteric work. However, even as a stand alone (thought control just for the sake it), any thought control exercise will yield benefits which can be felt in the short term.

Regaining some stillness of the mind will improve the focus. Soon , wishes manifest quickly.

The exercises are pretty simple ; ideally 10 minutes twice a day, starting with a couple of minutes until you can manage 10.

For some, that may be all they require. They lives will start improving within a matter of weeks or months . They should just maintain the exercises. Others will embark on the more serious studies afterwards.

There is no research required; only understanding what is Thought Control and finding the appropriate exercises. Given that most people are skeptics ,I would not wish to reveal those simple exercises here only to find people mocking and trolling.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Don't think of a red balloon. Oops, looks like you don't have control of your thoughts.

Seriously though, I don't believe anyone can truly control their own thoughts, only their actions. Thoughts come out of nowhere and before you know it you're thinking of something you had no idea was coming.

You are just the "conduit" between the thought and the action, you cannot control your own thoughts in my opinion.

Have you considered what you are saying ?

You just said that you do not believe people can control their own thoughts. The thoughts come out of nowhere. If the thoughts are not coming from you, who is the captain of the ship then?
edit on 14-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The captain of the ship is you but even a captain does not manually control every mechanism inside his ship, a lot if the mechanisms are automated.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

The captain of the ship is you but even a captain does not manually control every mechanism inside his ship, a lot if the mechanisms are automated.

The automated mechanisms of the ship are your blood vessels, heartbeat, etc.

Your mind is the helm. The captain does well with the helm . Why not you?

It is strange that people have difficulty accepting that they can have much more control of the mind. It requires just a bit of dicipline and practice. Have you tried and seen the extraordinary results.

Perhaps ,because it seems to easy, nobody wants to consider it.

edit on 14-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What is it that controls your heartbeat and breathing rhythms? What is it that wakes you up in the morning and releases the melatonin that makes you go to sleep?

Your mind is the thought form, you do not think about making your heart beat or breathing in order for them to happen, they are automated not by you or your thoughts but by something else. That "something else" is what gives rise to your thoughts and mind. Your mind is what analyzes the thought that appears, the thought is not controllable by the mind in my opinion because the thought is what gives rise to the mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sounds a bit self limiting... I used to do the same thing try to toss them out, people already do this naturally with the hossen or bat of distraction but using exterior to pacify the interior.

Eventually that tossing it out became like flies on a horses ass so after struggling I went to see my local abbot he started laughing shaking his head from side to side repeating "impermanence" rocking back and forth holding onto his toes. Despite it being a Theravadan monastery of the Thai forest tradition it was a zen moment. As the egg hatching in my brain cracked a smile... past and future were resolved in an instant. Impermanence was the first concept I ever intellectually or rotely grasped in understanding meaning I was still holding onto a hot handle as there was no wisdom to let it go until decades later when it finally bloomed or blossomed.

So what is occurring? You are playing ping pong with a monkey... same as I was the mind is depicted in iconography as a monkey due to all of the intellectual grasping whether it is wise to do so or not in the mirror of the mind or consciousness reflecting an image not ones own unless seen as oneself.

These are fetters or chains when grasped even when volleying them around of course intent when moved from mind into speech and then into body only increases the velocity in which they arise as seeds or poison into others to then swat at like mental flies. Cease to follow the monkey and it stops, cease to play with it and it climbs on your back this is a well tamed mind, then you simply direct the monkey to when and where one wants to grasp and release is just in it's hand holding the fruit for other monkeys to grasp.

Words of course feed the monkeys and silence holds the hose when it goes too far.

Discursive thinking turns into judgmental thinking which leads to all manner of bias and duality sinking one back into the trap ensnared 5 ways through the sense doors or consciousness's in which the 6th or mind can become trapped and the hunter comes along and eats once again.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
You just said that you do not believe people can control their own thoughts. The thoughts come out of nowhere. If the thoughts are not coming from you, who is the captain of the ship then?

Look and see where thoughts come from.
If you look you will see that they just appear. The assumption is that there is a doer of thought - there isn't.
Thought happens, everything is happening. When does thought arise? Thought arises presently, at the same time it is known to be happening - so it is always too late to change or control thought. The belief that 'you' can control 'your own' thoughts is based on the assumption that there is 'someone' in there - that 'someone' is a fiction produced by thought.
Thought claims 'I am thinking' but really there is just thought arising.
Watch the video to find out where thought comes from.

I know I repeatedly post this but it explains what is happening very clearly.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

thoughts come from somewhere because nowhere can't possibly exist, just because we dont know where they come from doesn't mean they dont come from anywhere, the Universal advanced consciousness is a possibility, but i dont know. but i do believe we can control what comes into our heads if we concentrate enough on the right things, in fact i know this.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

thoughts come from somewhere because nowhere can't possibly exist, just because we dont know where they come from doesn't mean they dont come from anywhere, the Universal advanced consciousness is a possibility, but i dont know.

But in our experience they just arise. It is possible to notice that they just pop up. A thought is not there and then it is and then it is gone - no one can know where they come from or go to. All that appears is arising and falling away - it is easy to notice with thought.

but i do believe we can control what comes into our heads if we concentrate enough on the right things, in fact i know this.

But what is believed to be the 'right thing to concentrate on' is what came into the head - as a thought.
Even the idea of 'right' and 'wrong' are of the mind.
Is what is actually happening right or wrong, good or bad? It is thought which places labels and words and judgement on life.
There is just life happening as it is and then thought makes believe there is a separate you that has a life.

edit on 15-10-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Have you watched the video?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

yes i know exactly what you are saying and have watched the video.... i get it!
so your goal is to realise this state of thoughtlessness or have you done it?
my point is you can control and influence what type of thoughts come into your head, like if your studying something important if you immerse yourself in it, it will be all you think about.... works for everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

yes i would say that fear is the reason you fling one out and two can come back faster, fear can snowball, the more you try to stop the fear, the more it gathers because of the intensity of the thought that is attributed fear, its powerful sh!t.
thats why i propose we change the way we see things, i dont think we need the constant negative ads with powerful stimuli,lets start advertising good health, strength, loyalty, love, all that good stuff, then the world will change..

people say we need to be aware of all these illnesses, wars, poverty etc, this is wrong, we just need to fix it not promote it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well, all of this mental chatter is all the conceptual grasping the monkey runs because the whip of consciousness keeps stinging it after something sweeter than what is already occurring.

Where ever you place the mind there it is... if it goes to stress it will find stress if it searches sensation for pain it will find pain. So clear seeing is where you place the mind or consciousness, what arises in it is what one wants to chase or run from.

Cease chasing and running and the river of life runs right through it nourishing that thirst that could not be quenched... then what need are those thoughts or clouds in the sky? Look up for rain when the stream is right there no matter what side of babble it arrives from.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Sorry but I do not agree with was is being said in the video.

Those people have no practical of experience of thought control. Hence not much to offer.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

thats why i propose we change the way we see things, i dont think we need the constant negative ads with powerful stimuli,lets start advertising good health, strength, loyalty, love, all that good stuff, then the world will change..

people say we need to be aware of all these illnesses, wars, poverty etc, this is wrong, we just need to fix it not promote it.

You are so much on the right track , in my view.

TV promotes negativity and misery under the pretext of reflecting reality. The truth is that reality then becomes a product of the misery being broadcast.

Those who understand the power of the Mind and the Will know that you cannot achieve much in life unless you have a "sunny" place in your heart. Good movies that have happy endings promotes that . Negative and miserable soap on TV do not; they just create a ceiling in people's lives stopping them from achieving their true potential

Is TV and media reflecting the hopelessness and negativity or is it creating it? I believe it is creating it.

Coming back to thoughts, your OP is correct. Thoughts can be controlled and I should not even be wasting my time posting in this thread... and neither should you. Your OP suggests you are on the right track and I sincerely hope you continue is that direction.
edit on 15-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

yes i know exactly what you are saying and have watched the video.... i get it!
so your goal is to realise this state of thoughtlessness or have you done it?

The goal is not to realise a state of thoughtlessness - there is no goal - nothing to achieve!
No one can achieve thoughtlessness - that's the point. Thoughts happen like everything else - there is no one who can control thought because they just appear. It may seem like after the thought appears that there is a you that can change them but the thought has already happened so how are you going to change it - it is too late!!!
The trick is to see that thought just happens - it has nothing to do with you.
YOU are the space. YOU are NOT the thoughts that appear. YOU are the unconditional space which allows everything (EVERYTHING - including thoughts) to appear.

my point is you can control and influence what type of thoughts come into your head, like if your studying something important if you immerse yourself in it, it will be all you think about.... works for everything.

My point is that if you are studying something then that something that is being studied has been influenced by a thought to study that something..........you may believe that it was you that influenced the studying but it was a thought that just arose.
Are you sure you 'got' what the video was saying? I am not sure you actually heard what was being spoken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join