It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Pressured Canada on Missile Defense Program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm speaking in general terms dearie.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Muaddib I agree he didn't try to overtly bully us, the more accurate discription is Coerced or in this case attempted Coersion heh. Very dumb thing of him too do to suggest that if we support his Missile Defense plan he wouldn't bog down the boarder with more red tape when we decrimanlize marijuana(what were his exact words and intonation again I forget, a transcript can't really bring across the expression and intonation of how he said that which after thinking about it for about 10 minutes pissed me and I'm sure alot of Canadians off). I watched the whole thing live and it blew me away, I think it blew Paul Martin away too heh.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Canada is not interested in the US's Edsel?

Maybe Canada would be more interested in a working system instead of the myth we now have. Doesn't Canada want to share the Pentagon's latest money toilet too?

No one ever credited Bush with an excess of political finesse. But it would be a tough sales job to anyone more intelligent than the Washington establishment morons.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here's the best advice for our neighbour: stop pissing off the world and you won't need to spend billions on missile defence!

No charge for that, buddy!

could not have said it better myself

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Tahlen]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Let's just all hope if North Korea does lob an ICBM this way it lands in Canada!

You better hope not if you live anywhere near the border as Radioactive winds might make you eat your words

I'm not hoping that North Korea will launch an ICBM at anyone, but if they do fire one at North America there'd be a certain irony if it does land in Canada instead of the U.S. with all this whining about not wanting to participate in any defense technology to stop it, that's all I'm saying.

Ah don't worry, I know what you meant, look at the Emotes and yours, I realize you were joking heh. Kinda in poor taste but not said serously anyway, so no offense is taken. I too really hope N. Korea doesn't launch any nukes at anyone, I do not think they will as I believe thier Nuke Program is just a Political Bargaining chip. I'm still more worried about Dirty bomb threats to tell you the truth and no Missile defence system can protect against that. Canada and USA have been living under the threat of Nuke war for a long time, M.A.D. is still the best defence ever against so-called "Rouge" Nations. The minute the USA puts up its missile defence shield its advesaries will deploy technology to defeat it. All N. Korea has to do is send one nuke with about a hundred dummy missiles to beat the system. Not that hard to do IMHO. Not only does it cost billions of dollars, but it will become obsolete pretty much immediately after its deployed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join