It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Released John Podesta Account Information Which Led To Twitter Hack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yes, I already have a thread about Podesta's Twitter being hacked earlier but given the significant nature of the develop, I believe a new thread is in order and one that's in the Mud Pit.

Quick catch up for those who haven't seen the news about John Podesta's Twtter account being hacked.

LA Times - John Podesta's Twitter account hacked

It was confirmed by the campaign. The "Hi Pol" in the tweet is a shout out by the "hacker" to /pol/ (the "politically incorrect" 4chan board). In that previous thread, one of the posters directed to an archived copy of a 4chan thread.

From the 4chan thread:

Anonymous ID:GZjpYlOA Wed 12 Oct 2016 18:35:28 No.92630560 Report
Quoted By: >>92632369
>>92630377
Leaf used a login credentials of a icloud id found in one of the leaked emails. He got in and has wiped his phone and other stuff

Sure enough, if you search the Podesta Emails release on WikiLeaks, there it is:

To: [email protected]
Date: 2015-05-16 14:41
Subject: Re: Apple ID

I do. Sorry been moving. Just in case Milia hasn't gotten it to you let:

Apple ID: [email protected]

The next line was the PW.

Let me just take a minute to say this. Don't ever email a password. Good grief. If this is indeed how they got in (can't rule out disinformation), then also WOW that after having his email hacked, John Podesta didn't change every single password for every everything ever. Good grief.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

LOL.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

For the record, your sure it's not Russia? I'm pretty sure you thought it was Russia and I don't want you to miss out on the opportunity to clarify your position.

edit on 13-10-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

And just the kind of careless, naive behavior this country doesn't need at the executive branch.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
is it just me or is the asbsurdity of us politics reaching a fevered pitch?
i mean, cmon.
and the main theme seems to be the MONUMENTAL INCOMPETENCE and criminality of damn near everyone in govt.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

It's not just you.

Also we get it wrapped with a bow and delivered in a pretty package thanks to the MSM!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

So...Podesta forced to admit these are "real" emails yet?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You know what else anonymous says it has, an email to podesta talking about making up fake sexual assault accusations about trump.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

For the record, your sure it's not Russia? I'm pretty sure you thought it was Russia and I don't want you to miss out on the opportunity to clarify your position.

Russia hacked the emails, Wikileaks review the info and then release it to the public. It's not hard to understand, even a grade schooler can tell you that.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

But can that grade school student read the OP? The mind wonders.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I stand corrected, let me rephrase it. When new evidence is brought forward, normal people like the OP reevaluate their opinions and stance on things. Then there are others who'll cover their ears and keep preaching at the choir, on a right-leaning website about how great a certain despicable candidate is. Then they see themselves getting stars and think they're onto something.

However, these people are really cowards and won't dare go to another website where they're outnumbered or seek out sources to learn about opposing views because that might shatter their carefully crafted view on reality. So they stick to saying things like the MSM and every poll out there is corrupt.

Math and science are wrong. We just have to unskew everything in the whole world until it fits our narrative. Maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone and everything and take a good look at yourself and your views. Is reality wrong or is it you?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pistoche

I stand corrected, let me rephrase it. When new evidence is brought forward, normal people like the OP reevaluate their opinions and stance on things. Then there are others who'll cover their ears and keep preaching at the choir, on a right-leaning website about how great a certain despicable candidate is. Then they see themselves getting stars and think they're onto something.

However, these people are really cowards and won't dare go to another website where they're outnumbered or seek out sources to learn about opposing views because that might shatter their carefully crafted view on reality. So they stick to saying things like the MSM and every poll out there is corrupt.

Math and science are wrong. We just have to unskew everything in the whole world until it fits our narrative. Maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone and everything and take a good look at yourself and your views. Is reality wrong or is it you?

i dunno if that made sense when you.typed it.
but it sure.as heck didnt make sense when i read it

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Not exactly
His Twitter account was hacked by using the hacked emails . So...no. The entire content of the emails has not been confirmed as valid.

edit on 10/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

So you made 2 separate threads tonight to tell everyone what, that the emails were real?

One would think that Podesta would go change all of his login stuff after taking a major hack? At his level, even a rumor that hacks were going 'around' out to have him vastly more diligent than this.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Not exactly sure where your going with your post where it concerns me, but I'll try.

My comment was directed at Theantedalluvian. More so to a comment he made in another thread and was meant for pure comedic purposes. If your implying that I'm closed minded or bow to the MSM, maybe you should see my post history.

At least your diatribe was better than the typical "your stupid."

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: burntheships

Not exactly
His Twitter account was hacked by using the hacked emails . So...no. The entire content of the emails has not been confirmed as valid.

Hehe... so... if they arent real, one shouldnt be able to login to his twitter with info in it, just like if the democrats didnt believe they were real emails, they wouldnt be able to bring in the FBI to handle the situation.

Its a lose lose situation for the Dems....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

You sort of missed the point. It doesn't mean that they were not edited.

I don't know if they were or not. But I don't trust Russians. Nor have I seen anything particularly damning.

edit on 10/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If they were edited wouldn't we expect to see even more damning stuffs?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't say they were edited.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pistoche

I'm pretty sure it's you. If you follow reality it tells you all you'll ever need to know about how corrupt she is and what a truly "despicable candidate" looks like.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join