It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military strikes Yemen after missile attacks on U.S. Navy ship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Vector99

So they wanna play rough?

First of all, let me say, I'm not picking on you per se, i've been thinking about writing something like this for a while and the more posts I see like yours the more I want to post it and so, here we are...

This attitude really gets to me, macho bullsnip at its finest. I mean, so what if American has nukes and fancy weaponry coming out of it's wazoo (and we all know it does) but until they invent weapons that don't kill innocent civilians or better yet they find a way to fight wars without the loss of human life, we should not be wanting it. All this stuff you hear like "if they want a war, they can bring it on" or "I'd like to see them try" all it says to me is "U.S.A, U.S.A,, U.S.A", (I don't think any other country in the world beats their chest and shouts their countries initials out loud). Basically, when you come out with this stuff you're essentially calling for the death of your own countrymen because it doesn't how good your weaponry is, if they do "wanna play rough" they are gonna kill some of your people. I am really losing faith in the human race fast. I don't know about the rest of you but I would like a world for my 3 kids to grow up in...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

The attack was probably carried out by Hezbollah. In the Lebanon War they've hit an Israeli corvette with an anti-ship missile. They would have no issues with attacking US vessels.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The Iranians have been fighting a proxy war against the United States for several years now.

They know attacking directly would result in the destruction of the regime, so they use dumbass rebel groups who will do anything for a buck and a crate of ammo.

Which makes no sense whatsoever.

The Houthis are fighting ISIS ruling the area.

Iran is backing the Houthis, which indicates that Iran is also fighting ISIS.

Which indicates that the Houthis, Iran, and the USA are all on the same side fighting the same enemy.

So if one wants to take out an enemy, one does not attack the dudes fighting on the same side as you.

I'd like to know where the info came from that it was the Houthis (or Iran) that actually attacked the US.

None of this makes any sense at all.

It smells more like propaganda false flag crap than anything else.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

So if one wants to take out an enemy, one does not attack the dudes fighting on the same side as you.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

I'd like to know where the info came from that it was the Houthis (or Iran) that actually attacked the US.

That is literally the only option aside from a false flag attack. If it was a false flag, well this

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They weren't hit because the ships targeted are designed to shoot down incoming missiles. If they were hit, it would be a false flag. The defenses worked, so it's a false flag.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

The attack was probably carried out by Hezbollah. In the Lebanon War they've hit an Israeli corvette with an anti-ship missile. They would have no issues with attacking US vessels.

Israeli ships don't have the same defenses a US vessel does. Attempting an attack and successfully attacking are two different worlds.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Hmm.

We've been conducting air strikes off and on against Yemen since at least 2009. This just sounds odd.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Hmm.

We've been conducting air strikes off and on against Yemen since at least 2009. This just sounds odd.

It does seem a bit too convenient seeing as the Saudis are not having their way there, but it seems too obvious to be a false flag. It seems like this is one of those situations where the Houthis thought they would be able to hit another ship like they did with the Saudis, but didn't realize US tech actually is what is claimed in public. A radar station was taken out. Let's hope that the US involvement ends here and now with this, it's more than a clear statement that they will not win.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Vector99 because: there their, I hate being a self-loathing grammar nazi.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Ya,

This attitude really gets to me, macho bullsnip at its finest. I mean, so what if American has nukes and fancy weaponry coming out of it's wazoo (and we all know it does) but until they invent weapons that don't kill innocent civilians or better yet they find a way to fight wars without the loss of human life, we should not be wanting it. All this stuff you hear like "if they want a war, they can bring it on" or "I'd like to see them try" all it says to me is "U.S.A, U.S.A,, U.S.A", (I don't think any other country in the world beats their chest and shouts their countries initials out loud). Basically, when you come out with this stuff you're essentially calling for the death of your own countrymen because it doesn't how good your weaponry is, if they do "wanna play rough" they are gonna kill some of your people. I am really losing faith in the human race fast. I don't know about the rest of you but I would like a world for my 3 kids to grow up in...

believe it or not I feel the same way you just described most of the time.
I more or less jumped at the chance to show some rippin ass american
might for a change only because these assholes struck us first. If things
are on the up and up? You don't fire on america if want your kids to live
as I see it. But I've probably put up more anti war threads than you think
at the moment so hey, don't judge me bro.
edit on Ram101316v11201600000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

believe it or not I feel the same way you just described most of the time.
I more or less jumped at the chance to show some rippin ass american
might for a change only because these assholes struck us first. If things
are on the up and up? You don't fire on america if want your kids to live
as I see it. But I've probably put up more anti war threads than you think
at the moment so hey, don't judge me bro.

No judging going on at all mate

If it wasn't you someone else would have been the trigger for my rant.

It just scares me that, even though around 99% of the population don't want another war, if the 1% want one, there's little we can do to stop it

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"Don't start no #, won't be no #."
-lil jon

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The problem here is why are we allied with Saudi Arabia or the UAE to begin with.

Anybody remeber a speech about entangling alliances? The Sunni, Shia conflicts should not have us involved over there.

You can't trust a country like Saudi Arabia with the morality they possess and not get involved in immoral actions.

Does anybody know what Reagan sold Iran and Saddam at the time? Why do we keep doing this?

edit on 13-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
So who are Yemen's allies? Iran, ok. Does that mean Russia by default?

This is scary.

That's two separate attacks, so it can't be a mistake.

I hope it doesn't pop off.

To anti ship missile attacks by a small splinter group (regardless of who backs them) and a response on the radar that guided them isn't enough to "pop off" a full war. It was in Yemen.

Course it is another event in a sinking situation.....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'd like to know where the info came from that it was the Houthis (or Iran) that actually attacked the US. None of this makes any sense at all. It smells more like propaganda false flag crap than anything else.

To you.

To those of us who have been in operational environments and dealt with Iran's proxies, not so much.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No judging going on at all mate If it wasn't you someone else would have been the trigger for my rant. It just scares me that, even though around 99% of the population don't want another war, if the 1% want one, there's little we can do to stop it

Suffice it say I am proud to be part of the 99 my fellow member.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Oct 13th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
US Israel Saudi Arabia Turkie IS vs Iran RU Hezbollah Houthi Assad

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Honestly... I fail to see a difference between sending in attacks directly and arming the Saudi's with all they need to attack Yemen. So the attacks have a different flag painted on the equipment... accomplices/suspects... what's the difference?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Spam Removed
edit on 10/15/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The main responsibility of the ongoing Yemen genocide is on the shoulders of the EU. Mostly the British, and the French backing their Saudi puppets. The main supporters of Saudi Arabia is the EU.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join