It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military strikes Yemen after missile attacks on U.S. Navy ship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dashen

Yes.

because that seems like standard US hijinx

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

"Standard US hijinx".

What exactly do you know about US operations in the region?

What do you know about who is armed with what?

How much military experience do you have?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Of course it does. Because everyone knows only the US launches attacks on people. I mean people fighting in a war zone would never shoot missiles at anyone. The US has to fake an attack.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i didnt say we faked an attack.
but i do know that the area is a bazaar for foreign weaponry, and that the us and russia make.the most fun stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Ok...Now you're confusing me..What exactly are you accusing the US of doing?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Ok...Now you're confusing me..What exactly are you accusing the US of doing?

well, i guess my question is this.
what do they gain by shooting at a usn destroyer?
besides meeting allah?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Nothing.

From our perspective.

The fact is religious nuts in the middle east think that ANY action against their enemies, whether a smart move or not, is another step in the advancement of their cause.

The Taliban KNEW attacking any US FOB would guarantee their deaths, but they still kept coming, and we kept killing them. It's a lot quieter now than it used to be as a result.

One day at Kandahar Airfield we got rocketed for about 6 hours. At the same time about 300-500 Taliban soldiers attempted to attack the area of the airfield I was on. Didn't work out for them. They just ran into a wall of lead and the Kiowas mopped up whatever was left.

No one said these people were intelligent.
edit on 13 10 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

but those were stooges.
this apparently was far more sophisticated, no?
were these captured radar sites that were yemeni?
iran testing us capabilities?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

They are all stooges.

We're dealing with 6th century ideologues armed with 20th and 21st century weapons.

Edit:

I learned not to care very much about the motivations of Middle Eastern savages. It's easier just to let them kill themselves and let their god pick up the pieces.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

but they keep spreading. exploding and spreading

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

but they keep spreading. exploding and spreading

And they will whether we are there or not.

People seem to ignore the fact that it is their ideology that tells them to spread around the globe and kill in the name of Allah.

It's always been about world domination. Their problem is that they aren't smart enough to do it without blowing themselves up.

Makes our job easier in the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I still would like to hear Zaphod's opinion on this

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Zaphod58

Soooo, the real question I gotta ask you, do you think this means we will become more directly engaged in Yemen? I wasn't surprised when there was no response on the first attack, and I just heard about the second attempt when reading the story, but I would typically assume there would be another non-response, but the Saudi's are involved. Is this our back-door into it?

PM me if you don't wanna say it here.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

i dont like that strategy.
i bet if we started parachuting crates of bacon and nudie mags they would turn into pretty chill dudes.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Vector99

zero advantage to the houthis attacking a USA vessel. 99% false flag

Unless, of course, their ploy is to get the US.to retaliate and lure them into WWIII?

My O.H read the article the other day, I'm sure a few of you will have seen it, where the Pentagon admitted WWIII and it scared the bejezus out of her. I saw the thread on here about Russia saying if the U.S wants a war, it will get one, everywhere and it made me think that perhaps there is some truth to this. Now this, which makes me realise that the likelihood of another 'great' war is higher than any other time in my 39 year puff. I can't believe I'm even going to bring the US Elections into this, it irritates me when people bring it into unrelated threads (quite frankly, being Scottish, I'm sick of the whole Clown show but am trying to follow it because I realise it's important for the world which of the two unworthies get the seat of power). That being said if Clinton gets in this is gonna turn nasty pretty fast. On the other hand, not being a military man, I can't see how Trump would deal with things like this...
edit on 13/10/16 by djz3ro because: a Yemeni spy, using high tech radar equipment messed up my spelling...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm completely confused by all of this...

Aren't the Houthis a well-known enemy of ISIS and fighting against them ??

And isn't the USA also a well-known enemy of ISIS and also supposed to be fighting against them ??

So why are the Houthis and the USA now battling it out ??

What purpose does it serve the Houthis to (supposedly) attack the USA when they're both supposed to be fighting the same enemy ?

Something doesn't smell right.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Houthis are Iranian backed.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The Iranians have been fighting a proxy war against the United States for several years now.

They know attacking directly would result in the destruction of the regime, so they use dumbass rebel groups who will do anything for a buck and a crate of ammo.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

That doesn't answer my questions.

What's you point ?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It matters a great deal. See my post above.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

That doesn't answer my questions.

What's you point ?

It completely answers it. Iran funds the Houthis, Iran likes to poke and prod the US since they have Russia behind them. But aside from engaging/harassing the US in the Strait of Hormuz, they cannot do anything militarily. The Houthis are a proxy in which they can and claim no responsibility just like the US does with Al-Nusra.

Proxy wars my friend, proxy wars.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join