It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING: Two Boston Police Officers Shot – Manhunt Underway – Conditions Unknown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Uh, if cops didn't shoot first then there would be no more cops.

LOL! Most cops are NEVER shot at throughout their entire career... and most cops never have to shoot their gun throughout their entire career.

But if cops just keep shooting first, then we know for a fact that innocent people will die.

And, of course, using your logic, if cops just keep shooting civilians then there will be no more civilians.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You are obviously not intelligent enough to converse about this topic.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

You are obviously not intelligent enough to converse about this topic.

Tee hee hee! Hahaha! LOL!!!

Yeah, that's it. Thanks for the belly laugh

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You couldn't do simple math... It doesn't matter how many times a cop is shot at, if they don't shoot first they will end up dead. Eventually, if that continued, there will be no cops. People wouldn't want to become a cop either. It's simple math.

Your statics are way off, cops get shot at all the time. They don't always get hit, or killed, and they don't always get injured when they do get hit because of vests, but they get shot at daily, not all cops, but at least 1 a day.
edit on 13-10-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
and most cops never have to shoot their gun throughout their entire career.

I am the one laughing last...

You just debunked yourself. Hence my intelligence comment.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

And, of course, using your logic, if cops just keep shooting civilians then there will be no more civilians.

Uh no, because civilians will keep being born.

People wont want to be police officers if they can't shoot people who are threatening their life. So officers won't keep being born. They will be killed, and people will not join.

Would you want to be a cop if you had to chase people with guns and knives, but couldn't do anything to protect yourself? ... no.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You couldn't do simple math...

What simple math? Give me some numbers and then we'll talk about simple math.

It doesn't matter how many times a cop is shot at, if they don't shoot first they will end up dead.

And if they're never shot at, then they're not dead... but if cops shoot "first", then someone is dead. And many will have never posed any threat to the officer at all.

Here's some math for you: One dead cop equals "1." How many people can that one (still alive) cop shoot dead just because he gets to shoot "first"? And how many of those people will be innocent but by golly gee that one officer had to shoot "first" because he feared that they might be a threat? (Note the subjective criteria... no real threat is necessary, just the officers "fear.") And just for kicks and giggles, let's add how many people one bad cop can kill simply for his/her own sadistic and perverse pleasure?

Eventually, if that continued, there will be no cops.

Because we can't hire more? Because we cannot provide our LEOs with better defensive training and defensive equipment?

People wouldn't want to become a cop either.

If no one wants to be a cop unless they can kill willy nilly, then I don't want them to be cops. We'd be better off with a Mafia-style protection racket, who would at least protect the people paying them.

It's simple math.

Your statics are way off, cops get shot at all the time. They don't always get hit, or killed, and they don't always get injured when they do get hit because of vests, but they get shot at daily, not all cops, but at least 1 a day.

What statistics? I looked for such statistics and could not find them. I asked for a source. The only numbers I provided were in direct reference to the "every fooking day" claim, which would -- mathematically -- equal at least 365 cops being shot at per day. And that's assuming only one per day.

I would actually like to see such statistics, and background information. It may be true, but I would like to see how many such shootings occur during traffic stops, while serving search warrants, robbery calls, gang activity, etc. I'd like to see how those numbers differ regionally -- in the border states vs the heartland, for example. As well as across departments, so municipal police vs border patrol agents. Understanding how/when such shootings occur could help develop better policing practices to protect officer's lives.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

..... wow ..... I literally don't have time to talk to this 2bit bot.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I am the one laughing last...

You just debunked yourself. Hence my intelligence comment.

From PoliceOne.com:

Even with about three-quarters of a million police officers working the streets of America — 24 hours a day, seven days a week — few will ever actually exercise their highest level of authority. With all of the deadly threats presented to police officers, America can typically expect only between 300-400 incidents of law enforcement officers firing their weapons at persons annually. Incredibly, it is estimated that in America, less than 12 percent of police officers will ever draw and fire their weapons at another person — in the entire course of their career!

Mathematically speaking, 88% is "most."

ETA: My original comment:

edit on 13-10-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Do you really not understand that you are shooting yourself in the foot? Do you even know your original argument?

You need to learn when you've lost.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Uh no, because civilians will keep being born.

Not if cops are killing all the potential parents.

People wont want to be police officers if they can't shoot people who are threatening their life.

And no is asking them too... the operative words are "threatening their life." The person must actually be threatening their life. And the officer cannot first endanger that person's life, which then gives that person the right to defend their own life.

So officers won't keep being born. They will be killed, and people will not join.

Yup. That's pretty much how it works when everyone's shooting first and asking questions later.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Do you really not understand that you are shooting yourself in the foot? Do you even know your original argument?

You need to learn when you've lost.

Funny, I'm the one who keeps responding directly to your comments... and you're the one who keeps changing the goal posts and deflecting and otherwise refusing to respond directly to my comments.

Spell it out for me... draw me a picture...

I'm standing for EVERYONE's right to life, including yours. You're putting a target on my back and everyone's back -- including your own and the officers you think you're supporting.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You've made so many assumptions there I can't even be bothered to reply.

I just oiled my new SIG P226R today, in the USA.

Oh yeah, my LA County Sheriff friend almost got shot the other day, glad he had a gun to defend himself. All his calls seem to be scumbag gang bangers from Mexico, but you don't know anything about that do you?

UK is protecting life? Really? I wonder why homicides in UK are up more than 14%... Bunch of pansies took everyone's guns away because they are scared... and don't want to fight for their safety. Nobody fought that, they just gave them up.

unsure who your "pansie" remarks are aimed at ? the UK population or the police who help protect us ?

here is a recent story regarding our "pansie" police if that is who the remark is aimed at.

Link

This is the terrifying moment police officers tackled a gunman to the ground moments before he pointed a firearm at them and pulled the trigger. Unarmed officers were responding to reports of a domestic disturbance in Coppull, Lancashire when they were confronted by Ashley Gerrard, 29, who waved an 8mm gun in their faces. The five patrolling policemen chased the gunman around the back of a property on Ribbleton Avenue before bravely tackling him to the ground to disarm him.

that's just one example out of many.

as for guns getting taken away from us , if you look at certain incidents from our past , like a shooting in a primary school in dunblane , scotland, to which i wont link to the story as its a hard read, you will see that peoples views on gun ownership here changed. people voluntarily gave up there legally owned weapons ,and not because they were forced to do so through fear.

every country is different , if the US citizens want to carry/or keep weapons at home , then that is there prerogative.

just because we dont all keep weapons at home here in the UK certainly does not mean we cant protect our homes and family's. i can personally legally own a shotgun . but i choose not to, why ? because i no longer hunt and i dont need one for protection either.

pansies?...i think not.

on a different note, i hope both officers make a swift recovery

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Spell it out for you?

Y O U C O N T R A D I C T E D Y O U R S E L F

Much the same way trigger happy LEOs, piss poor police training and that thin blue line that protects and promotes bad cops only makes the civilian population trust the police LESS...

So which is it? Do we have trigger happy cops, or do we have cops that don't shoot their gun throughout their entire career?

How do you expect me to hold a conversation with someone who contradicts themselves? Whom can't even see they contradicted themselves? Whom doesn't know basic mathematical concepts?

I might as well talk to a 2bit robot that can only reply with 1s and 0s. The first question: "Does 1 mean yes, or no?".

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Times are changing! My cousins first year of being a p.o., he had a suspect draw a gun on him, & hold it to my cousins head. The suspect was sot dead on scene. It was all over the news when it happened.....much more crimes now a days......

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
All statistics you will find relate to cops killed. If I were to use your terminology and we're " shot at" then I think the number would far exceed 365 a year (no statistics provided).

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You are correct in your thinking. National averages are warped by states with near zero crime rates and Leo's in places like Chicago would far exceed the average.

I do find it alarming that it's near impossible to find government statistics on wounded officers. Statistics are only highlighting deaths. I know america has a strange stance on government statistics when it involves shooting (especially unlawful police killing citizens) but you would think they would still provide it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Spell it out for you?

Y O U C O N T R A D I C T E D Y O U R S E L F

Much the same way trigger happy LEOs, piss poor police training and that thin blue line that protects and promotes bad cops only makes the civilian population trust the police LESS...

So which is it? Do we have trigger happy cops, or do we have cops that don't shoot their gun throughout their entire career?

How do you expect me to hold a conversation with someone who contradicts themselves? Whom can't even see they contradicted themselves? Whom doesn't know basic mathematical concepts?

I might as well talk to a 2bit robot that can only reply with 1s and 0s. The first question: "Does 1 mean yes, or no?".

nearly 95 percent of New York City's 38,000 officers have never fired their weapons while fighting crime

I would imagine the stats are similar in other departments.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
I'm expecting a school shooting right before the debate that will probably top them all. I hope not and I wish I could catch them before the evil act occurs...

An animated Hillary would bobble head all through the debate shouting Gun Control!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

Times are changing! My cousins first year of being a p.o., he had a suspect draw a gun on him, & hold it to my cousins head. The suspect was sot dead on scene. It was all over the news when it happened...

I'm so glad your cousin is okay. That's also a perfect example of a justified killing by an officer (whether it was your cousin that shot him, or another officer in his defense).

.....much more crimes now a days......

I'm wondering how much of this has to do the the war on drugs...

It also occurs to me that there may be more shootings at officers, but less being killed; in which case, why? Better defensive equipment like vests, or perhaps better training to avoid making themselves vulnerable, or maybe better medical care/treatment. I really don't know, I'm just wondering and speculating. Wish I could find statistics...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join