It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phony polls: Are most of the national polls rigged?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Given the recent results of referendums and elections in the UK, and how they starkly contrasted from reality, I would be inclined to dismiss the polling data entirely.

A courageous man would bet that the exact opposite of what the polls show will be the result, not me though. Little too reckless for my liking.
edit on -050004pm10kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman
"The two party cartel is obsolete."

This is a FACT.

Which is why we need to vote for Jill Stein. Get the Woman bit over with and get rid of the parties!

Except for pool parties, those are the best.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When Trump was winning we heard nothing about the polls being phony

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When Trump was winning we heard nothing about the polls being phony

Why would you. Trump is the rock star. Hillary is the one that has been hated for years.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: carewemust

In 2008 and 2012, the polls were very very good at predicting the winner for President.

Yes but at that time the Clintons were not in a position of power [Obama] to control things, and they were not at the brink of losing everything [Trump].

By the way, I can't wait for YOUR new movie.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Greggers
No, they are not rigged. What's the next topic?

The Moon is Made of Green Cheese , Discuss .

Let me see if I can make this a little more clear.

Let's use State polling for an example.

If you take a poll in Texas...there are going to be more Republicans than Democrats included in the poll.

If you take a poll in California...there are going to be more Democrats than Republicans included in the poll.

Now tell me...are those results "skewed"???

How do you know with any Degree of Certainty that the Published Results of Any Poll are Factual ? Answer , you do Not . It does not Matter who was Polled , Only that Any Poll is Inherently Biased concerning the Pollsters themselves .

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, they are not rigged. What's the next topic?

The Moon is Made of Green Cheese , Discuss .

Let me see if I can make this a little more clear.

Let's use State polling for an example.

If you take a poll in Texas...there are going to be more Republicans than Democrats included in the poll.

If you take a poll in California...there are going to be more Democrats than Republicans included in the poll.

Now tell me...are those results "skewed"???

How do you know with any Degree of Certainty that the Published Results of Any Poll are Factual ? Answer , you do Not . It does not Matter who was Polled , Only that Any Poll is Inherently Biased concerning the Pollsters themselves .

If the polling organization publishes their methodology, this can be checked against proper statistical technique to determine whether the poll was done correctly. Also, the polling organization can be measured against past results.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I have a new movie?

I didn't even know I had an old movie.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Did someone once say: that 87.54% of statistics, on the internet, were about 48% totally invented?
How would this apply to a supposed poll?

I think it was George Washington.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My assertion that the polls are not biased, however, belongs right here.

I just want to clarify. A person with a profile pic that says "Trust No One" has faith that polls are not biased?

For some reason, that just makes me smile. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

He didn’t say faith. He said ‘my assertion’.

And there are certainly a lot of fake poll results being circulated, but the polls used by respectable media outlets are kosher.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

He didn’t say faith. He said ‘my assertion’.

And there are certainly a lot of fake poll results being circulated, but the polls used by respectable media outlets are kosher.

Right. "Respectable" media outlets have been caught faking news stories. They have been caught editing interviews to make it seem like someone is saying something entirely different from what they mean. They take pre-packaged propaganda from the government and broadcast it without any disclaimer on the source. They take direction from the CIA to spin or squash stories. But, for some reason, they consider polls to be sacred cows that should remain unbiased.

You understand my skepticism.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

The point is that statistically it can be demonstrated that there are far more Independents in USA than either Democrats or Republicans. Most polling data and interpreted results in the States are derived with complete disregard for the actual make-up of the nation at large as well as that of each state that will contribute delegates to the Electoral College.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If the pollsters are calling people on lanai e phones then they are of course going to have skewed results.
quick poll - Who here has a listed landline phone plus time to waste talking to a poll worker.
Not me, nor anyone else with a job, time is in too short of a supply.
The pollsters are calling retirees and the people who for some reason or another at home.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

"Respectable" media outlets have been caught faking news stories.

Proof, please.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

The pollsters are calling retirees and the people who for some reason or another at home.

That’s Trump’s own biggest constituency. As long as they’re men, too.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
January 17, 2016

Three days before Donald J. Trump is sworn in as President.

Gallup has Donald Trump with a 56% Disapproval Rating.

CNN/ORCA has Donald Trump with a 60% Disapproval Rating.

The election proved that these two polls are OPPOSITE of the Truth (i.e. FAKE), when it comes to Donald Trump. Therefore, the TRUTH is that America is VERY satisfied with Donald Trump's actions leading up to him assuming the Presidency.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join