It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helpful Guide to Getting Rid of Ghosts/Demons/Etc by your friendly neighborhood occultist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
After taking a glance through the pages in Paranormal Studies and The Gray Area, I have discovered that quite a few people seem plagued by spirits of some sort, but very few seem to offer anything like practical advice for the novice.

If you find yourself confronted with a discorporeal spirit, I have a few suggestions for you which have been useful in my numerous and varied experience therewith.

1. The White Light Meditation
There are many variations on this meditation, but the easiest one and the one I use most frequently goes as follows.
a. Sit in a position which will not vex or distract you
b. Close your eyes and visualize yourself as a ball of light. From that ball of light, imagine a thin, diamond-strong string of light to the vast glowing love-energy of the cosmos. Know that this source of light is inextinguishable and within you always. Absorb those facts and contemplate them for a few moments.
c. Visualize the light around you growing in volume, knowing that the light comes from the loving cosmos around you, and know that it will protect you and those around you. Fill up your entire home and grounds with that light. Allow yourself to observe that the light has indeed filled every corner of your domicile.
d. gently bring yourself out of the meditation. focus on your breathing or something.

2. Don't play with tarot cards or ouija or whatever kind of nonsense the kids are getting up to these days. You're a novice, you can only do stupid things. Stop.

3. Smudging! Smudging is a lovely practice, the term appropriated by new age white people from various native cultures of the American southwest. However, the principle has shown up in various cultures around the world, including a rather comical incident in the Book of Tobit, an apocryphal biblical text.

The principle of smudging is that the practitioner burns some fine or foul smelling item or concoction which produces immense amounts of smoke, which spirits apparently hate for some reason. Really, they hate that the intention to have them leave has suddenly spread to every single square inch of habitable space in the area.

Many people enjoy using sage for smudging. I like white sage with cedar woven in, because it smells super nice and burns well. However, to be frank, you could wear a sock for a week, wrap it around a stick, and burn it and achieve the same effect with the right intention, which is to banish the f*** out of everything but you, your family, your pets, and your guardian spirits, whoever they may be. So, yknow. Smudging.

Anything more advanced than that requires the consultation of a professional in the spooky arts. Good luck, and have a safe October.
edit on 12-10-2016 by swords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: swords

Heck of a concept. Thanks for posting

edit on 10082016 by Marky83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about with Tarot, Ouija etc. Because if you are against divinatory tools (which is all they are) you advocate "a white light meditation" and smudging. Tools are just tools.

I'm sorry but these are all very generic, new age type answers.

So humbly, what angle are you trying here? It appears as if you are trying to set up as a "guru".

I'm an occultist, so I'm very curious at your angle

edit on 13-10-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

If I wanted to teach the masses how to actually do things that are worth barking about, I would. The fluffy bunny fuzz is good enough for somebody whose great grandmother won't stop making it smell like Chanel every afternoon at 2.

I am not a guru. The term repels me, right now as much as you repel me. I came here looking for other random people who have experiences with a certain phenomenon, and decided to comment and add my two cents.

I know well enough what I'm talking about. I've seen dumb people do dumb things with otherwise harmless objects. People slap what they think is a fat laughing buddha on their dashboard and screw their lives to hell. What I posted is as safe as houses. Safe enough even for the bumbling.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Jesus was given all authority and through Him we have authority over all unclean spirits. In Jesus name. It's all you need, but these old things (demons) are pretty good at testing your beliefs. So know scripture and believe it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As mentioned by nomad4chr1st all you are doing here is making the mortal willingly inform the demon, who currently possesses the meat-suit, that it can leave and return to the vacant host body with even more demons, worse than themself.

'Out of the frying pan into the [Lake of] fire' sums up the event.

Without the Spirit of the Lord being invited into the (parable: house) host body, the mortal is screwed, 100%.

Matthew 12:44-45

Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ On its arrival, it finds the house vacant, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and dwell there; and the final plight of that man is worse than the first. So will it be with this wicked generation.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomad4chr1st
Jesus was given all authority and through Him we have authority over all unclean spirits. In Jesus name. It's all you need, but these old things (demons) are pretty good at testing your beliefs. So know scripture and believe it.

This is true but I have seen when it does not work. When you enter a room or building with a negative spirit it will instantly know if you have the authority or not from Jesus because they don't look at you but behind you about a foot above your head. Why? To see if anyone else walked in with you......like the Holy Spirit, Jesus, Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, etc....

Of course it also depends who this demon/fallen angel (big difference) is.......You walk into that room without these guys I mentioned above and you are a snack and play toy for these things.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Is it okay if I smoke cigarettes for smoke?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Yes.

And please never trust a Christian when it comes to esoteric matters. They have been behind the times for about two millennia, and if they were any closer to finding god, we'd have probably heard of it. The only man waiting in the sky is, I hope, David Bowie.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Perpetuate the ignorance young padiwan perpetuate the ignorance

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nomad4chr1st

Good for you. Have a cookie. However Jesus is not my saviour, he can wander off.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: swords
a reply to: belkide

Yes.

And please never trust a Christian when it comes to esoteric matters. They have been behind the times for about two millennia, and if they were any closer to finding god, we'd have probably heard of it. The only man waiting in the sky is, I hope, David Bowie.

LOL!! Good post and I agree with Tarot being left alone by novices and Especially with staying away from Ouija boards (Bad Bad news) and ignoring the advice of Christians especially on this topic. No hard feelings to all you Christians but seriously, we do not care what the 'effing bible says about the paranormal. . . . . We are not Christians so why would you even throw your faith into the mix? We're discussing practical matters not religiosity.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that unless you trap the demon / entity in some kind of water-filled vessel then destroy it, it'll just come back.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Good for you. Have a cookie. However Jesus is not my saviour, he can wander off.

You can certainly do the job without invoking Jesus, although simply using Jesus's name wouldn't hurt. He was the sorcery successor to King Solomon, and said so himself. Otherwise, though, Solomon is the guidestone here, along with going back to more primal magical sources and techniques -- like begets like, natural forces in balance, etc.

Gotta be careful, though. Even Jesus, who was as adept as anybody, ended up "infected" with demons.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

See y'all have to believe in demons first. As a polytheist, I don't have Demons in my mythological cycle.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
See y'all have to believe in demons first. As a polytheist, I don't have Demons in my mythological cycle.

You must have something similar, though. Most cultures on Earth, even those you wouldn't call "religious," have some kind of non-corporeal entity or being that bridges the gap between gods and people.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

See its hard to divorce how the Christian faith treats spirtis, and the pre-Christian Gaels did. So the idea of a "demon" is subjective. The Fir Bolg, and the Fomorians can be foes or allies. Just as in Northern Germanic mythology Giants (jötnar) were sometimes allies (or parents).

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lbrp always works for me

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I bind them in dark colored stones, then throw them in natural water when im done with them. Or bury them in salt. But that's just my way

new topics

top topics

join