It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for first space nation ‘Asgardia’ revealed, citizenship applications opened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
According to Rt News, registrations are open for the first 100,000 citizens to form a new independant Space colony with the initial task of protecting the Earth from Solar flares and potential impact objects.

The Colony will form a new floating nation is space called "Ascardia", named after the Nordic Mythological city in the sky ruled by Odin.

Registrations are being taken here Registration

In fact whilst reading the full article and checking that it wasn't actually April Fools Day, I felt like I was reading an article 100 years in the future.

It would certainly be an experience for those on board but only time will tell if it will in fact become a reality.

An online registration form is welcoming applications for citizenship, with the first 100,000 qualifying for automatic citizenship. No word yet on how people can become citizens in the future, or whether there’ll be a wall built between Asgardia and Earth. Named after the city in the sky ruled by Odin in Norse mythology, Asgardia is the work of a team of scientists and legal experts who claim it will someday become a member of the United Nations with its own flag and national anthem. Asgardia gets underway in late 2017, when the team plan to launch a satellite into a low-Earth orbit. Until then we’ll have to stay here on boring old Earth.

Currently all space programs, including commercial, must be supervised and authorised by a government on Earth. When applications for Asgardian citizenship goes above 100,000 they can apply to the UN for the status of state, according to Ashurbeyli.
.Asgardia gets underway in late 2017, when the team plan to launch a satellite into a low-Earth orbit. Until then we’ll have to stay here on boring old Earth.

I wonder how many ATS members would be willing to sign up to join this potential new Nation if this is indeed true.
Do we currently have the technology to achieve this?
100,000 people living on a large space station would be no mean feat.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why do I need to register? In 100 years it will be open borders and we will all have the same culture

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

An online registration form is welcoming applications for citizenship, with the first 100,000 qualifying for automatic citizenship.

Wow really, no screening process or anything like that, just automatic citizenship by filling a form online.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman
That's just the first load.

The harvest has begun.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well according to the registration page

ASGARDIA и ASGARDIA.SPACE are registered trademarks of AIRC

With a little more info from the AIRC website About us Page

The Aerospace International Research Center, GmbH was established in the end of 2013. We are an international team that has extensive experience working in the high-tech industry, in large and small startups from all over the world. With us are shareholders, partners, and colleagues who have decades of experience in the development and production of systems, equipment and tools which successfully operate in countries including the USA, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Israel, South Korea, India, China, Brazil and etc. AIRC is based in Vienna, where the headquarters of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space are also located. It is our main belief that today, everyone working in the aerospace industry should be considering new goals, new tasks, and new ideas. The Aerospace International Research Center, GmbH was established in the end of 2013. We are an international team that has extensive experience working in the high-tech industry, in large and small startups from all over the world. With us are shareholders, partners, and colleagues who have decades of experience in the development and production of systems, equipment and tools which successfully operate in countries including the USA, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Israel, South Korea, India, China, Brazil and etc. AIRC is based in Vienna, where the headquarters of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space are also located. It is our main belief that today, everyone working in the aerospace industry should be considering new goals, new tasks, and new ideas. IAC - International Astronautical Congress, Guadalajara, Mexico26 - 30 September 2016 ROOM, The Space Journal www.iac2016.org IAC - International Astronautical Congress, Guadalajara, Mexico26 - 30 September 2016 ROOM, The Space Journal www.iac2016.org IAC - International Astronautical Congress, Guadalajara, Mexico26 - 30 September 2016 ROOM, The Space Journal www.iac2016.org

Website link here AIRC

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Hmmmmmm what if they locate Refugees to the Space Station?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Not the best place for a suicide bomber either.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

Well I wouldn't be surprised if Merkel and other European leaders considered of relocating refugees into space.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well....im officially an Asgardian.
We are a happy folk. Foraging from forests and living off the land. Hunting wild game and catching delicious bass.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

They will soon be forced to take on refugees and illegal immigrants or their funding will be pulled. Also the scientists may be labled as pervert child molesting racists if they dont comply.

On a side note, we need to send people we dont want to space, not our best. Screw that, we get earth, they can be asshats elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm speechless. I know someone who would go up in a heartbeat (it's NOT me though)
a reply to: tadaman

On a side note, we need to send people we dont want to space, not our best. Screw that, we get earth, they can be asshats elsewhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tadaman, that my friend was a great comment

edit on 12-10-2016 by FamCore because: Tadaman's comment was awesome, had to reply to it

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wonder how long to completion? 20-30yrs?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

My first thought was Elysium however in the movie, Elysium was a colony for rich people.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is intriguing really like can you imagine if in 20 to 30 years we could have a space station colony independent of earth's governance the amount of scientific achievements we could reach would be amazing I have signed up for this and will be supporting it however possible as I would love to go there or to Mars. "Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars".
:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
pffff... That's how you make money and get attention for your site.

Mars Ticket

Prediction : there will be more such sites in the near future. maybe even Elon musk offering us a ticket out of the matrix.

btw i'm building a colony on Proxima B.... low gravity , hot girls (not for pussygrabbers)
Anyone ?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Look how long it took to build the ISS for half a dozen people, a colony of 100,000 people lets say a few thousands years from now

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Look how long it took to build the ISS for half a dozen people, a colony of 100,000 people lets say a few thousands years from now

Good point. However, if they make use of 3D or 4D printing, I think this will speed things up.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Good point. However, if they make use of 3D or 4D printing, I think this will speed things up.

Nanotec, etc... We have so much now these days, if they get the money to do it, they'll do it in no less than 50 years. My bet.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
faker than fake

if you havent seen yet its probaly viral marketing for a new movie or videogame
im a grade A space geek and i can see some flaws on the design

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks, was just about to post this. I am going to sign up right now because I think space exploration will start to take off. If I'm lucky, I'll be rich by then and will afford life-enhancing technology, too. Cool cybernetics. Then I'll probably get a free lifetime stay on the space station cause I was on the list for so many decades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join