It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major GOP Donors Are Asking Trump for Their Money Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Reported in an NBC video and text found two major news sites - a story to at least watch to see what comes of this. At this point there's no solid confirmation, so it remains an interesting (or perhaps amusing) data point.

And it has some amusing potential... what IF you could get your donation back if your candidate didn't hold up to their end of the bargain?

POLITICS OCT 12 2016, 6:00 AM ET
Major GOP Donors Are Asking Trump for Their Money Back
by LEIGH ANN CALDWELL
News Story Link

Two big-money donors who have given or raised tens of thousands of dollars for Donald Trump are livid at the Republican presidential nominee and are asking for their money back, according to a bundler who raised money for Trump.

"I cannot express my disappointment enough regarding the recent events surrounding Mr. Trump," one donor wrote to a Trump fundraiser in an email with the subject line "Trump support withdrawal."

The two donors are anonymous; the source is from a "bundler" (a practice I knew about from other industries (book/magazine/movie deals are often done through bundlers))

The fundraiser, or "bundler," who collected the donations said that the two donors together have contributed or raised tens of thousands of dollars for Trump. Bundlers, common in major party presidential campaigns, are supporters who tap into their own networks to raise money for a candidate.

This bundler, who says he has raised close to $1 million for Trump, said he, too, is fed up with the nominee and has informed the Trump Victory fundraising leaders that he's done raising money for the candidate.

Both the bundler and the donors seem to have been growing increasingly uncomfortable with Trump; the tapes were simply the last straw.

Near the end of the article, the author talks about money problems in Trump's campaign and how it's not getting the financial input that Clinton's campaign has (she has not started a brawl with the Democratic Party and had her funding reallocated to other races.) So - if this is verified, it's a sign of his support eroding in a significant way.

I wonder if he'll have to declare bankruptcy (again) after the November election.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Note: Republican/conservative site, RedState apparently thinks the report is real, though they slam the donors for "only now realizing" Trump's character. Jamitis apparently doesn't care for Trump. He also has a real disdain for Democrats.

( a second check just now shows that more sites are starting to report it - including other conservative sites.)
edit on 12-10-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Uh, I don't think it works that way. Once the contribution has been made, it's part of the candidate's war chest. No backsies on that as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah... I don't think they can - but I wonder if it'll start a trend. That would provide an interesting rein to the candidates' waffling if their donors have the ability to pull their funds before a certain time period.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The thing that scares me about that idea is that it opens the door for one campaign to really, really mess up the other campaign's finance plan. Imagine if you had Joe Shmoe running against John Doe and one of Mr. Doe's wealthy donors or aligned PAC's donated $10 million to Mr. Schmoe's campaign, waited just long enough for Mr. Schmoe's campaign to arrange a television ad drive and some big rallies they wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise, then yanked the funds right back. It could make campaign finance management and cash flow forecasting almost impossible.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Publicity stunt to 'shame" us or an MSM propagandist's work.
....NOPE ,still not effected...maybe if Trump cusses more....NAH .

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

HEY! Trump needs that money to pay for more Clinton accusers!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I doubt they can get there money back but I bet he isn't raising much right now!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Tens of thousands is a drop in the bucket for a POTUS campaign....hardly a Major donor. If they get their money back, likely it will come with a FU...didn't care for your support anyways.

edit on 10/12/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Could be yet another planted story from the jealous Clinton.DNC Campaign.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Uh, I don't think it works that way. Once the contribution has been made, it's part of the candidate's war chest. No backsies on that as far as I know.

Obviously he doesn't have to give the money back, but according to Trump himself, most of his net worth is tied up in the prestige of the Trump brand.

Not giving the money back might start opening him up to personal losses rather than just bankrupting the campaign when major players choose to not do business with him.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

This is what Donald had to say about it.
These guys or gals can bitch and moan all they want but they knew, he told them so..

edit on 13-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join