It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We haven’t met aliens because they’re DEAD – and humans are NEXT

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Agh!! This kind of talk makes my brain hurt.

All I know is that I Am Me And You Are You And We Are All Together.

Someday when the universe is so sparse that star formation and planet formation is virtually nonexistent, then there very well may be a "last life" in the universe. 

I figure when that day comes, our species won't even exist to care anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: PageLC14

Out of laziness, any promising species would always create it's successor which destroys it.

People always want robot slaves, etc.

We are currently summoning the demons which will destroy us.. genetic engineering,
cybernetics and especially AI.

Natural born humans will be extinct, one way or another, within 1000 years.

Possibly even sooner!!

thescienceexplorer.com...

Hopefully Jesus IS real and comes to save us all before we just become one massive AI.
edit on 13-10-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just because they're dead doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to detect them. Radio floats through the universe at the same speed all the time. The farther away (back in time) we look, the more radio transmissions there should be. At some point we should hit the "sweet spot" of a civilization being just far enough away (but not so far away that the signal is degraded beyond recognition) and having broadcast at just the right time and frequency for us to receive it now.

If there is anybody out there. Which there may not be or never have been.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

How do you know for sure that "jesus" isn't an alien enemy AI seeking to engulf all willing consciousness?

;-)

Just like in Vampire mythology...they can't harm you unless you invite them inside.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You are correct of course.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hah! I DON'T know!! And you'll never be able to quote me saying I do, that's for sure. Except for that bit earlier where I said "all I know is.."

Too many thought provoking ideas are being tossed around too early for me. I'm going to finish my coffee before I have an annuraism.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
Hopefully Jesus IS real and comes to save us all before we just become one massive AI.

If Jesus is truly the Son of Man, then perhaps the next time he returns he will be the Son of Machine.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Perhaps. If man becomes machine then machine is man making Jesus son of machine man. I imagine his return will be something like the beginning of the terminator movies.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hes going to ruff up a dude in the mens room and take his jacket and glasses?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Maybe? If he shows up naked. Who really knows. ;-P

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just to add Prof Cox's actual words to the debate, from his facebook page:

Spent day being misquoted. Here is my view: There are other civilisations in the universe, although they may be rare. End of. Not news.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
First of all, we have met them. However, you can perhaps be forgiven for not knowing this. What you cannot be forgiven for is thinking that they don't exist. Even if you're one of the foolhardy who thinks they aren't here, the universe is too vast for them not to be somewhere.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join