It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin ally tells Americans: vote Trump or face nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Americans should vote for Donald Trump as president next month or risk being dragged into a nuclear war, according to a Russian ultra-nationalist ally of President Vladimir Putin who likes to compare himself to the U.S. Republican candidate.

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a flamboyant veteran lawmaker known for his fiery rhetoric, told Reuters in an interview that Trump was the only person able to de-escalate dangerous tensions between Moscow and Washington.
LINK

This view is a matter of simple logic to me. Clinton's plan is for a no-fly zone in Syria. Russia has vowed to protect Syria no matter what. If one side doesn't back down, how does this situation not end in WW3?

I want a better theory than "cooler heads will prevail." That is a fallacious argument.

The argument that nobody wants it is irrelevant in my opinion. People do things they don't want to do all the time.

ETA: I see posters using the genetic fallacy. Why waste people's time like that?
edit on 12-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Zhirinovsky is a lunatic.

Its interesting to watch his tv show where he cooks, soes arm wrestling and sings but he is a loony. Thrust me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
lol bye bye america

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

To be fair, the article also says many Russians regard him as a "clownish" figure.

I can't imagine he speaks for Putin in any formal manner at all either. Putin knows that if nuclear weapons are used he would be annihilated as well. I don't think any leader of any country is willing to go nuclear with the US.

Either way, Clinton certainly isn't going to make any cooler heads prevail either. I can see a heavy escalation but nothing nuclear.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I agree. Unfortunately war is a real possibility but vast majority of people are absolutely clueless...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Vote Trump 2016!!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

OK, lets get this straight, apparently the USA and Russia have a beef going on at the minute, now forgive me, that is two countries. I'm pretty sure they think they own the world as a duo however!

But, there are 196 countries in the world as we stand with 28 of them being NATO

If the USA and Russia goes head to head does that make it a WORLD war? do the math

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Someone mentioned Russia had built thousands of nuclear bunkers for civilians, I don't know how true this is, it's likely however.

The guy who did this interview is considered a boris Johnson or Donald trump in Russia. Provocative and clown like, although loyal to Putin.

I guess with the west attacking Russia from every angle at the moment I could imagine them preparing them well.

We know that Russia has superior ecm and eccm and radar capabilities than the west. However the west has greater numbers of forces, so maybe that will balance out.

I very much doubt China would get involved even if they do have close relationships. However, Russia supplies a lot of resources to China and they won't want that to stop.

Who knows huh. All I hope is Europe does its best to stay out of it, otherwise once again Europe will be decimated by war.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There is one candidate that wonders why we can't use nuclear weapons, one candidate that thinks more nations should have nuclear weapons and one candidate that has stated he loves war.
edit on 12-10-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would rather have Russia and China join forces and declare all out war on the United States. I dont give a crap if its a nuclear war. I am for anything for putting America back in its place. I hate todays American government

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
All Hail Putin.

Must elect Trump because Putin likes him.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Erm you do know the rest of the world will be dragged into it don't you?.
If the US and Russia want to slug it out let them but we know it will get very very messy and the chance would be high that after it we will be living in mad max times.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Its almost inevitable anymore. I hate to be pesimissitc about it but if we the people arent going to do anything to change the corruption and borderline dictatorship then by all means let some other country put them in check

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If Putin really wants Americans to vote in Trump, he surely has more sense than to say so outright. He must realise that would have the opposite effect. His people only have to look up the Cleveland/Harrison contest of 1888, when Sir Lionel Sackville-West fell into the same trap.
Statements like this must arouse suspicions that he has a secret deal with Hillary.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

lol bye bye america

bye bye world.

Trump has said several times that "He loves war". He'll keep wars going.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The sad part is this saber rattling will probably work with impressionable Trump supporters and wingnuts.

Putin helping should tell you what an America hating traitor Trump is. I'm just glad Trump will lose but that doesn't mean we're safe. We need to seriously look at Trump supporters and make sure they won't try to bring us down with the help of Lunatic Tyrants like Putin.

Even though Trump didn't win Putin did, were more divided than ever and that's great new for Russia, the faster this country goes down the drain the better for Russia.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not only that anyone who would call Russias bluff is playing a losing game. Granted the source who stated this may be blowing smoke but I know Russia inst going to allow this charade to continue if hillary is elected.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

lol bye bye america

bye bye world.

Trump has said several times that "He loves war". He'll keep wars going.

Don't forget, he wants Saudi Arabia, Japan and South Korea to have nukes, Trump loves nukes and loves war.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I was wondering how long it would be before someone blamed Hillary. lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well, if they were trying to prop up Trump this is the exact opposite way to go about doing it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join