It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia orders all officials to fly home any relatives living abroad.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WW3 means the end of the world as we know it.. The mutual destruction of all involved.. neiter side will risk that..
And the elite Russians wouldn't be going home they would head straight to an isolated south Pacific island if they thought war would break out.. its all bs

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I have a friend, woman, russian from Moscow region, 35yo learned how to throw a grenade and operate an AK at school when she was a kid, 12y0 or so.

But nothing like that happens today, since the fall of the USSR this kind of things has been completely out of the education system.

Today russia is just like any other western country. The problem is the language and alphabet, if we could understand them we would see that they are as dumb and clumsy as we are.
edit on 12-10-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

With Putin behind the keys, never say never. Hes ex-KGB after all.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No, they won´t go that far. When they see the devastation of one modern nuke they will halt all the launches. But they may try to pull a conventional war on us and on that I say. Kill the elites, kill our generals, kill our politicians, kill them all, we should take the chance that we will have weapons on our hands to take the power back.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Quite simply, Russia is trying to prevent further brain drain. Russian students studying abroad are likely not to return to Russia, and their skill and talent will be lost to their new homeland. Why spend nasty winters in Yekaterinsburg trying to get a start up off the ground when you can stay in sunny Silicon Valley?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Well, this is what happens when we have a Liberal PC pansy in office with zero nuts to stand up to anyone or call them by their actual name.

People don't like it when I say this, but I'm saying it:

We can blame the current POTUS for this until we turn blue in the face, but the harsh reality is that we as a nation have been complacent and apathetic for a very long time now. If we had not, this outcome may not have become such a looming threat. We got here in large part by denying any responsibility for our own country and how it is governed, and by doing so, gave our power away.

Yes, he is at fault. They all are. But so is every other American, to some degree. And now we're impossibly divided, in so many different ways. We allowed that, too. And a divided nation is a weak nation. We reap what we sow.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

No, they won´t go that far. When they see the devastation of one modern nuke they will halt all the launches. But they may try to pull a conventional war on us and on that I say. Kill the elites, kill our generals, kill our politicians, kill them all, we should take the chance that we will have weapons on our hands to take the power back.

Sounds like the Chaplin speech

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

you don't think our military would protect us if a war broke cuz putin said so?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Sounds like the Chaplin speech

Yes, kind of

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

a reply to: Willtell

So the Russians are the good guys in all of this and in the right?

I'm afraid he is right about that. Go back a few months and listen to what Putin has been saying. He's been warning his people for a while now.

Jesus. That makes me sick to my stomach. I believe every word of it too. Its not shocking to me one iota.

Lets face it, other countries/nations don't call America the Great Satan or Evil Empire for no reason. I bet we look like the Fourth Reich to some of these people.

It sickens me too. I watched one translated video where he was talking about a weapon that he has. He spoke in great detail about it. He said it can disable any other weapon in the world, without detonating anything.

Now, I'm sure that could have just been him talking smack. But his face, his eyes...as he was talking...it was absolutely chilling. Not hatred, or bluster or smugness, either. What I saw were resignation, worry, and sadness there. And I believe him.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm afraid he is right about that. Go back a few months and listen to what Putin has been saying. He's been warning his people for a while now.

Jesus. That makes me sick to my stomach. I believe every word of it too. Its not shocking to me one iota.

Lets face it, other countries/nations don't call America the Great Satan or Evil Empire for no reason. I bet we look like the Fourth Reich to some of these people.

It sickens me too. I watched one translated video where he was talking about a weapon that he has. He spoke in great detail about it. He said it can disable any other weapon in the world, without detonating anything.

Now, I'm sure that could have just been him talking smack. But his face, his eyes...as he was talking...it was absolutely chilling. Not hatred, or bluster or smugness, either. What I saw were resignation, worry, and sadness there. And I believe him.

If thats true, then Russia is a lot more further along in weaponization then we realize.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: tigertatzen

you don't think our military would protect us if a war broke cuz putin said so?

I think that until this country experiences the true horrors of war on our soil, it is unwise to place all of our trust in how we think our fellow human beings would react, or how we might expect them to act. If I were a soldier and nukes started dropping, I can say for sure that spending what time I had left with the people whom I care about most in this world would become my primary focus. Nothing else would matter to me at that point.

I can also tell you that a number of people I know who are in fact soldiers in our military have expressed similar sentiments on the subject. Other than that, I think anything is possible. And I'm not looking forward to finding out, either. I can live with not knowing the answer to that.
edit on 31245America/ChicagoWed, 12 Oct 2016 17:24:21 -050031pm31285America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If thats true, then Russia is a lot more further along in weaponization then we realize.

I think that's the impression he was trying to make with that speech. It was in Russian, but captioned in English, so I don't think it was directed at the American public. It looked like an assembly of some kind...not sure how their government works with regard to announcements, etc., but it seemed formal.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

We can blame the current POTUS for this until we turn blue in the face, but the harsh reality is that we as a nation have been complacent and apathetic for a very long time now. If we had not, this outcome may not have become such a looming threat. We got here in large part by denying any responsibility for our own country and how it is governed, and by doing so, gave our power away.

Yes, he is at fault. They all are. But so is every other American, to some degree. And now we're impossibly divided, in so many different ways. We allowed that, too. And a divided nation is a weak nation. We reap what we sow.

You, are my new best friend. I have been saying this for years, and I feel like a broken record. The worse our situation gets, the louder I scream, and the more deaf people become. Lord help us all for what may come.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGlitchyNinja

You, are my new best friend. I have been saying this for years, and I feel like a broken record. The worse our situation gets, the louder I scream, and the more deaf people become. Lord help us all for what may come.

I stopped trying to get through to people for a long while. It would be a more productive use of my time and energy to just walk to the nearest intersection and present my argument to a stop sign.

Lately, however, I have been speaking out again. My words will probably still fall largely upon deaf ears, but that's OK. It's good to know that there are others who share my sentiments on the subject. That is increasingly rare these days.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We have to hope this is a Russian operation at propaganda.

What's so bad is the lack of the MSM following this.

Only the Alt media seems to care. The MSM has become totally a tabloid dumbed down institution.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Are we skeered yet? This round of cold war era fear mongering pales in comparison to the one we lived through as kiddies in the early 60s.

We had fallout shelters, air raid drills, siren tests, Proxy warfare in Vietnam. It was a really big shew.

Because Russia pulled out of these places in Europe doesn't mean they are any less prepared than back then either. I seriously doubt the powers that be are going too unleash thermo nuclear war, that would destroy their gravy train. They just want everyone afraid as much as possible.

Having said that, seems the US gubment is run by adult children. Children should never be allowed to make major decisions. Remember Hilter? His tantrums were notorious. When he was losing you think if he had the nuclear bomb he would have used it?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The major difference between now and the 60s is that we have different leaders With different ideas and moral standards.

The US government might think the idea that they have the Tech to win a nuklear war With Russia.

Putin might have the same idea. He might put a lot of trust in his S350, S400 and S500 defence capability to hit a majority of the US warheads out of the sky.

If either side thinks they have a calculated chance to come out from such a war alive. They might be dumb enough to try.

And if the have the Resources to cope With the day after. They might be dumb enough to try.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The major difference between now and the 60s is that we have different leaders With different ideas and moral standards.

People don't change. Greed and lust for power don't change. The symptoms; defense spending, WMD and control of populations through fear haven't changed. I know, I was around for the last time. This time is just like last time.

The US government might think the idea that they have the Tech to win a nuclear war With Russia.

Thats crazy. Thats why the best policy is MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction). There is no other sane reasoning to expect any else.

Putin might have the same idea. He might put a lot of trust in his S350, S400 and S500 defense capability to hit a majority of the US warheads out of the sky.

Pre detonations in the Ozone would blind targeting and warhead guidance. Lots of stuff will get through.

The 'got you last' capabilities of boomers launching cruise missile strikes off the coast is the guarantee of mutual destruction. There is no defense against it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

By the way, luv ur avatar, straight out of MAD and poignant to the times, then and now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join