It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bill Clinton Says that Donald Trump Supporters are Mostly REDNECKS.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

A "roughneck redneck"?

Dayum, you come from stout stock.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

AND your reading comprehension is STILL Prog bias alone and INCAPABLE of deciphering any OTHER tongues at all.

The WORLD isn't from GEORGIA so kindly refrain from ANY group assumptions OUTSIDE of your perceptions as we see here.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

AND your reading comprehension is STILL Prog bias alone and INCAPABLE of deciphering any OTHER tongues at all.

The WORLD isn't from GEORGIA so kindly refrain from ANY group assumptions OUTSIDE of your perceptions as we see here.

The world isn't from Georgia?

Check. Thanks Cav.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
For your listening and viewing ... pleasure?

... but you folks that are so knowledgeable about SOUTHERN culture keep on talkin'.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I happen to be a Florida-born Redneck (and proud of it) but there is no way in hell that I would vote for the "DUMP". Note that I wont even use his name because I dont want to give him any undeserved press.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Annee

I don't know where you get that from, but really red neck refers to red neck sunburns. Working out in the sun all day and in different fields getting a distinguished red neck from it.

Actually, as far as I know, that is not correct, if you're talking origin. Research it.

Field laborers may have adopted it though.

I've had this debate before.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

My coal mining grandaddy was a hillbilly not a red neck.

So, you're a Scot?

I researched Hillbillies too. I like to look up stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Two can play this game

And you were saying?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

LOL ...

So you're saying that the N-word is not offensive?

Okay. That's a perspective.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Calling someone a red neck is a racial slur just as the N word is.

It doesn't matter if some glorify it or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Calling someone a red neck is a racial slur just as the N word is.

It doesn't matter if some glorify it or not.

In your opinion.

In the opinion of many, the word "redneck" is a word associated with a country/Southern heritage. It's a cultural tag worn with pride by many, many people.

Redneck is not a racial slur in 2016. It has never been used that way. If anything it is a socio-economic slur.

It is not comparable to the "n-word" in any shape, form or fashion. Or perhaps you can show me a White person lynched with a placcard reading "Redneck" attached?
edit on 14-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Your prejudice and bigotry is showing.

Another word to describe your view point would be racist.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Your prejudice and bigotry is showing.

Another word to describe your view point would be racist.

Good day.

And one to describe this paltry attempt at a response would be "pathetic."

Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's because it's not. An insult, I mean. I've been called one, mostly because I hunt, I fish, I even drink beer upon occasion, I take care of my own business, with as little govt. influence as I can get away with.

Therefore, I've been called a redneck, trailer trash, etc... I look at 'em and ask them why I should care what they think of me? I didn't when I was a little Redneck, and I certainly don't now as an adult redneck. Then I thank 'em for their complement, and go about my day.

Oddly enough, I don't care in the slightest for Donald Trump. Huh, how odd? 'course Hillary Clinton gives me the heeby-jeebies, too.

So these attempts to marginalize certain aspects of society generally bounce off me.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

In what way is it racial?

As an insult, it references ones social, and/or economic standing...not racial.

Please explain this to one who qualifies as a Redneck, save for the Southern...and that's going to be remedied in the next couple of years.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Im so NOT a red neck that Im accused of being gay on a daily basis,,yeah he does have lots of red necks and most of them are nice people and now that they have internet they know way more than they did years ago. What the Clintons have supporting them are people who BELEIVE she is something she isn't. We know who Trump is.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hey! I found a site that says:

Redneck! Answers to all your REDNECK questions here. You are a redneck if you visited this page! You are a redneck if you ask any of the following questions: What is a redneck? Redneck definition? Redneck origin? Redneck history? Redneck term? Redneck meaning? But let's learn about Redneck slang, Redneck jokes, and Redneck comedy. Welcome to All Things REDNECK!

thomaslegion.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
Im so NOT a red neck that Im accused of being gay on a daily basis,,yeah he does have lots of red necks and most of them are nice people and now that they have internet they know way more than they did years ago. What the Clintons have supporting them are people who BELEIVE she is something she isn't. We know who Trump is.

Yet, Hillary Clinton described many Trump supporters as good hard-working Americans who are supporting and voting for a change, and that her supporters should understand and empathize with that.

Why does this never get repeated?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
REDNECK in Modern Usage

Redneck has two general uses:

1. first, as a pejorative used by outsiders, and,

2. second, as a term used by members within that group.

To outsiders, it is generally a term for white people of Southern or Appalachian rural poor backgrounds — or more loosely, rural poor to working-class people of rural extraction. (Appalachia also includes large parts of Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio and other states.)

In the West Coast, there are regionally specialized versions of the term, namely “Okie” and “Arkie” for poor rural white migrants from respectively Oklahoma and Arkansas, displaced by the Dust bowl (drought conditions and severe land erosion) in the Great Plains and economic conditions across the Southern US into the farming valleys of California.

Within that group, however, it is used to describe the more downscale members. Rednecks span from the poor to the working class.

thomaslegion.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Warning! swear words used, so if you're a snowflake best pass on this one.

Youtube video regarding an MTV "Black woman" and "White man" responding to "Cracker, White Trash and Redneck Aren't Racist? "

Race baiting in the highest forms is his conclusion.

edit on 14-10-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join