It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

CNN/MSNBC do not have 1 article that can be viewed as negative against Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

No CNN just doesn't interject its opinion with its news like right wing media does. THAT'S what's missing from those stories. I can understand how that can be confusing to someone who is used to the right wing media's propaganda though.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
That's not even close to the worst of it, and you know they're hiding the damning information.

Ehh?
I dont know..I just know I read the title, read the ops, then spent a few seconds disproving the claim.

Now you are about to go into the whole "but why haven't they been reporting as much as brietbart has been" mindset...shifting the goalpost.

you should start a thread, "Why didn't CNN report this specific thing?"...
I am responding to a sweeping statement thread on how there is no mention of anything negative on Hillary. Thats the topic at hand.
Harambe died so that threads like this never come to be! respect the sacrifice!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right, like the time you claimed I had the Hostile Media Effect even though it was you were parroting the Criminal Media claim that the mod was too hard on Clinton during the forum.

Hostile media effect
In 1982, the first major study of this phenomenon was undertaken;[2] pro-Palestinian students and pro-Israeli students at Stanford University were shown the same news filmstrips pertaining to the then-recent Sabra and Shatila massacre of Palestinian refugees by Christian Lebanese militia fighters abetted by the Israeli army in Beirut during the Lebanese Civil War. On a number of objective measures, both sides found that these identical news clips were slanted in favor of the other side. Pro-Israeli students reported seeing more anti-Israel references and fewer favorable references to Israel in the news report and pro-Palestinian students reported seeing more anti-Palestinian references, and so on. Both sides said a neutral observer would have a more negative view of their side from viewing the clips, and that the media would have excused the other side where it blamed their side.

Subsequent studies have found hostile media effects related to other political conflicts, such as strife in Bosnia[4] and in U.S. presidential elections,[5] as well as in other areas, such as media coverage of the South Korean National Security Act,[6] the 1997 United Parcel Service Teamsters strike,[7] genetically modified food,[8][9] and sports.[10]

The reality is, anybody with any real ounce of objectivity / self-honesty can plainly see that the Criminal Media has been lock stock & barrel against Trump all along. But with the Liberal's, instead of see that as a sign for what's really going on it gets rationalized as if there's inherent cause (besides him being against their CORPORATE Globalist Agenda).
edit on 12-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's a revealing statistic, IIB. I bet CNN's ratio of Trump-to-Hillary news is even worse. Even post-debate to present, is still probably mostly about Trumps horny comments from 11 years ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Come on now now, I use CNN for my daily news and let's be real, nothing positive is ever on there about any republican. Likewise hardly anything negative is published about liberals.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think some in media fears what a Trump presidency would do, and they have good reason to fear. Trump isn't a supporter of the 1st amendment. I think many journalist have the fight Trump now while they can, because if he wins many will end up in jail or gitmo or deported.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This month, the Clinton News Network (CNN) is doing exactly what the Clinton Campaign tells them to do. Walk the straight and narrow. Even while Hurricane Matthew was washing away homes and people in South/North Carolina.. CNN was 24/7 Trump bashing. CNN's days are numbered, because advertisers will be leaving in droves over the next 3 months.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm not "blaming" Trump; I said a lasting legacy of the phenomenon of the Trump campaign. The blame for the existence o of a Trump campaign clearly lies with the craven fools in charge of the RNC. The blame for the "criminal media" as you put it lies squarely withe the Leftist takeover of the so-called schools of journalism.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

For lambasting the Criminal Media, who has been bare knuckle against him all along, now he's the tyrant?

How about the Obama administrations war on the press?

How about Hillary not doing press conferences (instead bribing them with chocolates lol).

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh, apologies if I misread. Just woke up from a nap. Haste makes

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Come on now now, I use CNN for my daily news and let's be real, nothing positive is ever on there about any republican. Likewise hardly anything negative is published about liberals.

I haven't met a single person on ATS who was ever "real" about the media; especially in this thread. I mean it was already proven wrong and here you guys are arguing with us.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Stop smoking that bad crack! Hillary got crushed in debate #2 so she does not want to loose another.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That is why I no longer watch CNN and MSNBC.
Somebody bring back Newsmax!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Okay, now that I've got my thinking cap on...

I will say the CNN mods were far better than the mods in the previous 2 debates. They actually stuck Hill with some tough questions.

Pre-Trump Tape Wikileaks Coverage (Oct.):
www.cnn.com...

Post-Trump Tape Wikileaks Coverage:
www.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...

It looks like that's it.

Here's a telling one:

Trump says WikiLeaks email shows collusion between Clinton, DOJ
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump on Tuesday accused the Justice Department of feeding information to Hillary Clinton's campaign to "cover up for her crimes."
Trump seized on hacked emails released by Wikileaks that purport to show Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon communicating with the DOJ regarding a FOIA lawsuit in 2015, and said they showed collusion between Clinton and the Obama administration regarding its email investigation.

"The DOJ fed information to the Clinton campaign about the email investigation so that the campaign could be prepared to cover up for her crimes," Trump said, at a rally in Panama City, in Florida's deeply conservative panhandle. "This is collusion and corruption of the highest order and is one more reason I will ask my attorney general ... to appoint a special prosecutor."

WOW!

Talking about Framing an issue.

Tell me that isn't bias, in framing the entire issue around it being 'Trump's claim', not actual facts.

Imagine if they ran all the polls like that.

Pollster calls mostly Democrat pollee's: "Trump says Clinton is bad news. Does this change your opinion of Clinton?"
Answer: "No."

Framing Theory
In essence, framing theory suggests that how something is presented to the audience (called “the frame”) influences the choices people make about how to process that information. Frames are abstractions that work to organize or structure message meaning. The most common use of frames is in terms of the frame the news or media place on the information they convey. They are thought to influence the perception of the news by the audience, in this way it could be construed as a form of second level agenda-setting – they not only tell the audience what to think about (agenda-setting theory), but also how to think about that issue (second level agenda setting, framing theory).

Framing techniques per Fairhurst and Sarr (1996):

Metaphor: To frame a conceptual idea through comparison to something else.
Stories (myths, legends): To frame a topic via narrative in a vivid and memorable way.
Tradition (rituals, ceremonies): Cultural mores that imbue significance in the mundane, closely tied to artifacts.
Slogan, jargon, catchphrase: To frame an object with a catchy phrase to make it more memorable and relate-able.
Artifact: Objects with intrinsic symbolic value – a visual/cultural phenomenon that holds more meaning than the object it self.
Contrast: To describe an object in terms of what it is not.
Spin: to present a concept in such a ways as to convey a value judgement (positive or negative) that might not be immediately apparent; to create an inherent bias by definition.

Framing is in many ways tied very closely to Agenda Setting theory. Both focus on how media draws the public’s eye to specific topics – in this way they set the agenda. But Framing takes this a step further in the way in which the news is presented creates a frame for that information. This is usually a conscious choice by journalists – in this case a frame refers to the way media as gatekeepers organize and present the ideas, events, and topics they cover.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In your opinion, if the email leaks were about Trump / his campaign, how many CNN stories would you figure there'd be by now, the past week I mean?

Only four total?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Win or lose, that will be a lasting legacy of the Trump campaign—the media has exposed themselves as unethical, undemocratic, and no more than a gutter press, hell-bent on power and profits. Not only that, but it will expose those among us—those who share it and parrot it with little thought—as vectors of propaganda.

Darn right. The mainstream media have exposed themselves as state-run news agencies, following or ignoring news stories as directed by the political elite.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, now for some perspective....

CNN articles on the Trump Tape:
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...

Nope, no media bias there. None at all!

It's simple: CNN is just a TABLOID now. Even their "Money" dept. is just a tabloid.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Maybe because CNN and MSNBC are not insane?

Yes! Because CNN and MSNBC are not insane.

Any other questions?

edit on 10/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

This is Donald "the Derp" Trump:

edit on 10/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
CNN Turns Off Cameras After Donald Trump Calls Them Out For Their FAKE Focus Group

This is why I like him he is exposing them

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ummm ok.

I guess I should make a thread in disgust about how Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge Report, Alex Jones, The Gateway Pundit, and every conservative blog ever has 0 articles criticizing Trump?

I do know Glenn Beck is one conservative outlet that isn't endorsing Trump. Oh yeah, and that one conservative newspaper (Utah?) who recently endorsed Clinton. So there is that.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join