It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton campaign colludes with media prior to official announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Even with the media on their side, they still have to deal with people wanting the scoop:

One word of warning for dinner tonight – many of these reporters are getting pushed really hard by their editors to get the timing of our announcement. Some want to print it. Others just want it for planning purposes.

We have not given anyone that kind of guidance, even off the record. We know it means reporters lives are in flux (one just cancelled a trip) but if we give guidance, it will get out. We’ve so far held off with it leaking through Thursday which is amazing.

Just flagging so everyone is on the same page.

/podesta-emails/emailid/6284

Might be some other items of interest in the ""off the record" (58 results, viewing 1 to 50)" search results.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmmm ... the Clinton announcement (or lack thereof) of her candidacy was ... illegal somehow?

Good gravy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: mkultra11
a reply to: Gryphon66

Maybe you need to grow up. Maybe it's time to look at the big picture and not constantly defending obvious corruption and collusion only because it's "your side" doing it. Where's the intellectual honesty? I'm surprised that these supposed ATS "intellectuals" are so willfully ignorant. This is the problem with politics today. It's the acceptance of corruption. That is what is being exposed with all of these e-mail leaks. It's holding their feet to the fire because no one else will. Anyone just accepting this as "politics as usual" are nothing but sheep being led to the slaughter. Exactly how they want you to be so keep up the good work and keep defending them. The "grown-ups" know whats going on here. I've seen enough of this and it is what it is.

Maybe you need to stick to the facts and stop the silly personal comments. Maybe you need to look at whats going on and stop ignoring the corruption that "your team" is involved in as well. Intellectual honesty? You start out with a stupid personal comment and you want to talk about intellectual honesty?

These e-mail links are just a different version of political theatre. If you think that a little soiree with drinks has changed the political landscape in this country, the problem is with your understanding, not mine.

All media is in business for two things: to make money and to attempt to manipulate public opinion.

That includes all the ones that you like as well.

PS: "Grown-ups" don't have to constantly claim to be so. An adult is recognizable.

As are children playing Pretend.

Yeah keep pretending all of this this is "political theater" and there is no corruption. Ignorance is bliss. I'm really not here to go tit for tat with people. I'll just lay it out. Maybe we can find common ground, maybe not.

"All media is in business for two things: to make money and to attempt to manipulate public opinion. "

Yes, media is a business, that is obvious. Manipulate public opinion? No, that is not the MSM's job. They are not supposed to manipulate the news, mislead and/or lie. Which they do. You need to educate yourself on journalistic ethics and standards.

You don't even know me or my team. My team is not republican or democrat, I'm a registered independent. My "team" is against rampant government corruption. Against the "establishment" politicians and media (incl. Fox). I'm against Obama ideologically. I'm against globalism and and a one world government. It's been that way for me for decades. I've been protest voting every election.

I've been against Bush as much as I'm against Clinton. We've had a Bush or a Clinton somewhere in the White House for the last 30 somewhat years. We have an oligarchy and it's now turning into a banana republic. This is not acceptable. I want change and I think our country is nearing a breaking point.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

You will not find one statement from me here or anywhere else that says there's no corruption in politics. That's just absurd.

Please stop lying and saying that I've said things I haven't. Thanks.

If you can only find common ground with your belief that a cocktail party is proof that the American media is complicit with politicians, then we won't find common ground. Do you think that reporters and "anchors" (talking heads) make the decisions about what media companies cover, or the way that they cover them?

Do you think those decisions are made in the public eye? LOL.

You think that the MSM doesn't manipulate public opinion??? LOL.

You want to talk about some idealized view of the media? What they "should" do? LOL.

You don't know my "team" either bub. That didn't keep you from talking about it and assigning me a side.

Attacking lies is not defending those that are lied about.

Get the log out of your own eye before you go after the splinter in mine next time.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: LifeMode

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Are you really claiming that sponsoring social get togethers and information sessions is some sort of collusion?

What's wrong with this again? Just because Hillary doesn't threaten to throw them in jail, this is collusion?

Grow up.

You left out the "off the record part" to go over her strategy. You are correct though, no collusion if it's off the record.

Nobody knows what was discussed. Just like the airplane pow wow.

Are you really unfamiliar with the ways that political campaigns interact with the media?

I can't help you with your beliefs. I can only point out the facts.

It's not beliefs it's facts. I can't help you if you are obtuse about facts. FOX is a major network with LW people as well. Where are they? Lynch does not play golf or have grandkids. Not even married. WTF were they talking about then for 40 minutes.

I imagine they were trying to persuade them that HIllary Clinton was the better candidate. Why else would they pay for drinks?

Really, the naivete on display here is quite epic.

Oh yeah, the naivete is astounding. I mean how ridiculous: "I imagine they were trying to persuade them that HIllary Clinton was the better candidate". It's laughable, sure they were trying to convince them to vote for Hillary. Keep thinking that.

What's the alternative?

Do you think a public announcement would have been made regarding the secret meeting of the Illuminati Cabal to control the world? Do you think there would have been an RSVP list???

Jeezus.

Yeah, convincing counter argument. Illuminati, Cabal, yeah.. ok.. The alternative? I'll present to you this outlandish possibility if you can wrap your head around it: The overwhelming majority of these "journalists" vote democrat and want to get Hillary elected. It was an "off the record" event with journalist from just about every major new organization to discuss "(3) Framing the HRC message and framing the race." In other words framing the narrative. Is that honest journalism? Take a look at the many other e-mails supporting this type of media collusion with the DNC. You accept it. I don't.

You think that the MSM doesn't manipulate public opinion??? LOL.

I didn't. I said that is NOT their job. The rest you wrote is not even worth responding to. You don't want to discuss this and find any common ground. It's going turn into an endless back and forth so you can get the last word.

edit on 12-10-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

I'd love to see you prove the party affiliation of those on that list,but, let's not get bogged down in too many facts.

Are you saying that journalists can't be a member of a political party?

Yes, Hillary's campaign wanted to frame the HRC message and the race.

Again, why do you think these folks were invited? You and others here are using the Trump campaign buzzword "COLLUSION!" to imply that this cocktail party was intended to give these press personalities their marching orders. That's just absurd beyond words for anyone who understands the least thing about how media works. Again, do you think news anchors decide what's on the news? LOLOL.

Honest journalism? It's not journalism at all! It's folks attending a blatantly political event.

Oh yes, now comes the predictable broad gesture toward "all the other emails" (like what, one or two) that imply that campaigns communicate with the press and try to influence them and that is somehow a surprise.

You seem to think I'm hopelessly ignorant. We have the same opinion of each other.

Best we leave screen space for someone else now. Best.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hmmm ... the Clinton announcement (or lack thereof) of her candidacy was ... illegal somehow?

Good gravy.

It shows team Hillary is controlling the narrative.

That vast array of reporters came out saying the same opinions parroting common talking points.

No other Democrats stood a chance at running for nomination with such collusion as this. She learned her lesson last time when Obama, a nobody at the time, was allowed to run and get a fair look at by the media compared to her. Over time they started to like Obama, liked the crowds he drew, liked his stage presence. Hillary made sure it couldn't happen again.

The media went all in on it. They favor one candidate through the primaries then turn the same approach to the general election, it is much easier for them that way. They don't have to work as hard when team Hillary is providing them with all the talking points and plans in advance and they don't have to worry about going off message making powerful people mad at them potentially risking their careers.

Crooked Hillary corrupting the media which no longer performs their constitutional function of informing the people but works for the politicians feeding the people their contrived narratives.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Neither does justice, Apparently.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It shows nothing of the kind. How is a cocktail party prior to HIllary's announcement of her candidacy "controlling the narrative."

The "narrative" comes down from six corporate centers of ownership in the American media.

If you think this little soiree was anything other than social networking and superficial political pandering among functionaries, you're utterly ignorant of basic facts about the American political landscape.

In my opinion.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Honest to God, it's a fecking press briefing with drinkeepoos thrown in, days before entry into the presidential race.
Everybody and their granny does that for all kinds of things.
Why all these silly posts about collusion. Anyway, reporters are not such nice people, they are headhunters, who will lie and cheat, and make things up when it suits....all of them, even the most respected press, and the last thing you do is collude with them.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Collusion is Trump's word of the day.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It was an "off the record," event in order to:

(1) Give reporters their first thoughts from team HRC in advance of the announcement
(2) Setting expectations for the announcement and launch period
(3) Framing the HRC message and framing the race
(4) Enjoy a Frida night drink before working more

This was not a, "a fecking press briefing," though they did get to enjoy drinkeypoos.

If reporters are so cutthroat, why did none of them leak the info that Hillary would be officially announcing her bid for the office of the president of the United States of America?

She (and at least one member of the DNC platform committee) knew way back in 2009 that she would be running this time around anyway.

Collusion is Trump's word of the day.

Then he got it from here because there have been several of us use that word well before it appeared in Trump's usual lexicon.
edit on 12-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: the detractors aren't even trying any more

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You're going to argue about the use of the word collusion?

LOL...

Fine. Tell the Trump campaign it was your idea. I'm sure they'll be shocked ... much like you think anyone was shocked when Hillary Clinton announced her presidential run.

I mean, I know that the email leaks are really all you guys have going right now, but really ... you're arguing that "the talent" that appears on the standard network/cable/online shows are really the decision-makers in media?

Come on.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

LOL at yourself, you're the one that brought up the word use.

An no, these aren't the decision makers, they're the ones who will be primarily speaking Hillary's "message," so it was thought important that they all be brought in and given a preview of what the message was to be. It's called getting them all on the same page.

We did something similar when I worked in restaurants when we had a major menu change upcoming. We'd have a meeting before business hours and roll out all the new changes to the servers and cooks that way they'd all know what to expect. We'd have cheat sheets that had answers to FAQs so that no matter which server a guest had, they all had the same answers.

I'm not saying this particular meeting was the be all and end all of government/media collusion, but it was an important enough event that Podesta and Abedin (among many others) were in attendance. This is merely the latest in a long pattern of behavior which highlights the fact that we do not have an independent media that has the public's best interest at heart but rather that media now exists as a propaganda arm of the establishment.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
www.tmz.com...

HomeNBC Planned to Use Trump Audio to Influence Debate, Election NBC Planned to Use Trump Audio to Influence Debate, Election 6.3k 2,115 10/12/2016 6:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF EXCLUSIVE 1012-donald-trump-nbc-tmz-03NBC execs had a plan to time the release of the Donald Trump audio to have maximum impact on both the 2nd presidential debate and the general election ... sources connected with the network tell TMZ. Multiple sources connected with NBC tell us ... top network execs knew about the video long before they publicly said they did, but wanted to hold it because it was too early in the election. The sources say many NBC execs have open disdain for Trump and their plan was to roll out the tape 48 hours before the debate so it would dominate the news cycle leading up to the face-off. As we reported, Billy Bush was bragging about the tape -- in front of NBC execs at the Rio Olympics -- in early August. NBC says it's only known about the tape for a little more than a week. We're told the plan was to edit the tape to keep the focus on Trump and not Billy. "Access Hollywood" we're told was not going to air the portion where Trump and Billy got off the bus and Billy goaded Trump and the soap star to hug. Our sources say the tape was going to be "sanitized" to protect Billy as much as possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yea, I made a joke (not directed at you, btw). You got triggered and took it seriously.

Ah. So, you think the talking heads remembered everything they heard in a quick cocktail hour? OOookay.

Who writes what the talking heads say on air? Who tells the ones who write it what to say?

I have no response to your personal anecdote as it really doesn't relate to what we're talking about.

It was a social event.

You may be shocked to find out that the media is not now (and really, has never been) on anyone's side but their own (and their masters).

It's not "news" to me and most folks here.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well, goodness knows, the credentials of TMZ are impeccable.

Good gravy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

you are in such denial

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

you are in such denial

Aww.

I feel the same about you.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
If reporters are so cutthroat, why did none of them leak the info that Hillary would be officially announcing her bid for the office of the president of the United States of America?

Simple, uncomplicated answer to that was they already knew anyway, way back in 2014. However to add;

"On April 3, 2015, it was reported that Clinton had taken a lease on a small office at 1 Pierrepont Plaza in Brooklyn, New York City. It was widely speculated that the space would serve as her campaign headquarters" (source wiki)

So it was pretty clear by then, any announcement would be relatively imminent.
Then they had to prepare a readworthy account of what was gleaned at the 'kneesup'

You might also be interested to know that the pre-announcement briefing was pretty much the last reporters were able to weasel out of her for nearly a month following, even though she was on the road right away.
That's not exactly fecking collusion now is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join