It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declares himself free from ‘shackles’ — and threatens to burn the GOP to the ground

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Apparently Trump wants to destroy the party that nominated him. I don't think this strategy will help his campaign much
I know it's popular among the extreme right but what will the reconstruction look like..... T party, Eagle forum, Freedom works, Heritage foundation?
Is there a plan?

Or will the ultimate party even be conservative. Trump has a propensity to flip flop on issues, say one thing then change his mind. And can extremism even have an influence on the more moderate electorate? Questions that need to be considered with a clarity of thought before embarking on the reorganization of a political party.

There is also that this threat will blow up in Trumps face and bring him down.

edit on 12-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We should just stop pretending that he's got a path to the white house.
We should stop talking about what his presidency will be like because he's never going to get the chance to execute any of his plans.

The reality is it is over for Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He has so much support because he speaks against the GOP. Conservatives want to see a change.
The politicians with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other hand need to understand they don't represent their party any more.
Revolution starts at the top.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes, the GOP establishment needs to evolve or be eliminated. Is this not something everyone on ATS can agree about?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He has so much support because he speaks against the GOP. Conservatives want to see a change.
The politicians with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other hand need to understand they don't represent their party any more.
Revolution starts at the top.

You mean we're not going to get to water the tree of liberty with the blood of traitors. Damn whats the fun in that? Alpha males need yuggge emotional outlets, eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Say Trump manages to win the White House. Unlikely, since he is alienating every voter outside of his core, which represents 40% of voters, at the very most.
But if he wins, how does he propose to get his 'agenda' accomplished? He is burning bridges with the Republicans who will be left in Congress, which may not even be a majority because of his scorched earth strategy to get elected.

This plan (tantrum) of his will backfire.
The only legislation that will pass will be moderate to left-leaning, and that won't build his wall.

That leaves Trump winning; his goal. And Conservatives left with what? Do you think you will hold the Senate to get the SCOTUS appointments you want? It isn't looking likely, IMO.

edit on 10/12/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Apparently Trump wants to destroy the party that nominated him. I don't think this strategy will help his campaign much
I know it's popular among the extreme right but what will the reconstruction look like..... T party, Eagle forum, Freedom works, Heritage foundation?
Is there a plan?

Or will the ultimate party even be conservative. Trump has a propensity to flip flop on issues, say one thing then change his mind. And can extremism even have an influence on the more moderate electorate? Questions that need to be considered with a clarity of thought before embarking on the reorganization of a political party.

The Dems needs the same treatment. The only ones who don't see it that way are the corrupted politicians and blind followers. They all work for the same people and it sure isn't the American people.
edit on 12-10-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He wants his very limited base to think he had wide support.
His claiming a win on online polls when they let anyone vote multiple times.
He uses the crowds at his really to try and convince people that he has wide support . He doesn't.
And the base withers away with every outrageous act of his that comes to light.
The ones still clinging to his slimy campaign needs to question their values .

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Is there a plan?

If the GOP destroys itself, that leaves only the dembs in power. And the Republicans can only blame themselves.

The Dems needs the same treatment. The only ones who don't see it that way are the corrupted politicians and blind followers. They all work for the same people and it sure isn't the American people.

Except for one thing....

The DNC is united, as an obscene amount of money, a political machine that knows how to run a winning campaign. They elected a Black man for president. Something I never thought we would see in America.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good.

All political parties should be abolished and candidates run as independents. That way they stand on the merits of their platform and not on party affiliation.

I think this view is somewhat more applicable to the UK than the USA but party cronyism seems to be an equally bad, if not greater problem in the former colonies. Therefore abolish the parties.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My thought is both the DNC and the RNC could use a radical debugging and virus scan and then a reboot. I can't say what that would look like in the aftermath but I do think the establishment status quo has been become so overbearing, revolting and unwanted by many that it's unraveling. It can't bear it's own corrupted and bloated weight anymore.

Just my two copper pennies.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

At this moment in time I suppose the Magic 8 Ball is pointing to Democrats taking the White House, the House, and the Senate. But with US politics one can never entirely know the outcome when the press are so closely identified with one candidate over the other.

I recall when I was working at an Embassy in the States that the press was convinced this or that candidate was going to lose, and often they would put together their own prejudices with poll results that favoured their own opinions and conclude that their preference was going to win. They were so adamant that they were correct that many on the opposite side privately or publicly feared they would lose. This was especially true in the leading up to the election of Reagan. But they got that election wrong and a few others. It seemed to me that the formula of the press identifying too much with one candidate over the other meant that the reporting by the press and the coverage of the polls would not represent the voting reality in the States.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Heres the deal....The party that will capitulate to the mega corps, banks, military, energy companies and lobbiest will always take control over extremism. Capitalism in action....

If the GOP changes is will be to the more moderate side not conservatism. imo...that's why Trump will get his ass kicked, he appealed to just too narrow of a base.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Both need to be torn down or it's doing more harm then good. With only one torn down, we have a bunch of divisive groups vying to be the new number 2 making the democratic party which has been taken over by Crony Capitalists pretty much completely unopposed.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope Hillary wins. She will keep crime infested cities right where they are. No upward mobility for them, just some trinkets of welfare to shut them up. This keeps them from sprawling out into good neighborhoods like mine and destroying property value and increasing crime. If Trump wins there is the chance they may earn just enough coin to get out of these cities. That means crap in the front yard, no lawn maintenance, falling gutters, Christmas lights left up all year. If he wins I'm screwed.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Both need to be torn down or it's doing more harm then good. With only one torn down, we have a bunch of divisive groups vying to be the new number 2 making the democratic party which has been taken over by Crony Capitalists pretty much completely unopposed.

What you and many others fail to realize is that Capitalism is based on cronyism, good ole boy systems, lobbyist for extremely powerful corporations that control the distribution of food, energy, information, money, EVERYTHING.

They have methods to deal with malcontents. Even in my small village the Cops have a Hummer with a gun mount on top. Black unmarked SUVs etc.

It's a brave new world.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yes, the GOP establishment needs to evolve or be eliminated. Is this not something everyone on ATS can agree about?

The Dems are somewhat in the same position, as the Dem establishment leadership [Wasserman and Brazile] rigged the primaries for Hillary. Are the rank and file so blind or accepting that they ignore this without a whimper? Bernie's supporters are disaffected and some may not vote at all. If the GOP had ANY candidate that the public could accept, Hillary would be trounced and put out to pasture to suckle the golden milk of the Clinton [Pay for Play] Foundation. She and Trump are two of the most despised candidates in history and neither realizes it. Hillary should be censured for her classified emails and indicted for lying to investigators and obstruction of justice. The concept of "intent" is crap. Everyone who has ever handled classified material knows that carelessness or purposely ignoring regulations is "intent" enough. Was Hillary stupid or disingenuous? Guilty in either case.

All those political geniuses in the GOP gave us the Bush shrub and Shooter Cheney. Then they picked McCain to quiet him down and he promptly selected a complete dolt for a running mate, proving that he was not presidential material. Then they selected Romney, more of a centrist who could have been elected. Pairing him up with Far-Right Ryan to assure votes that they had anyway did them again. To cap it off, they then crapped on Obamacare which was really Romneycare on a national level. Obama seemed the lesser of two evils.

Now they have done it again and Hillary, as sorry a lying witch as she is, seems to be more prepared than Trump. Many have said that the country can do better than these two self-serving egomaniacs but will it? As long as politicians can promise things without any concrete plan and as long as people are foolish enough to believe them, we will have nothing but the losers we have been getting.
Bernie pushed for "free college" and as part of the deal to let Hapless Hillary win the nomination [Bernie was too tired to run, anyway] this was adopted as a plank just to get the college vote. It may work, but how it would ever be enacted into a law is beyond comprehension. The Dems know it but also know that college age kids are gullible. If it ever did happen, those in college now would be whining when they had to pay for someone else's education.
The GOP has abortion as their evergreen issue. The chances of repeal are zero and the GOP doesn't really want repeal because of the vote.
All the October surprises have not yet been exposed and nothing is certain.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm fully aware, BUT, they still have to work with the tools they are provided. There's a system they are manipulating. The more they are allowed to remove hindrances, the faster and more extreme their changes can be. It's exponential how much control they are gaining. The destruction of one party rather than both removes one hindrance they have to deal with. If both parties were to die, they'd need to spread themselves thin as they try to both get control of new parties, while still making them palatable to the people.

If both parties crashed it would hinder them significantly. If only one crashes it instead increases their power hold substantially.

I'm not saying both parties crashing would stop them or fix anything, but it would severely hinder and slow them down.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bluntone22

He wants his very limited base to think he had wide support.
His claiming a win on online polls when they let anyone vote multiple times.
He uses the crowds at his really to try and convince people that he has wide support . He doesn't.
And the base withers away with every outrageous act of his that comes to light.
The ones still clinging to his slimy campaign needs to question their values .

What are you on about? Do you ever put any thoughts together by yourself or just puppet around what CNN tells you?

If his base is so small, then why is the race for the presidential seat such a close race?

Seems all the real evidence you can't hide points to him having a ton more support than Hillary. The only evidence of the contrary is theoretical polls by liberal media.
edit on 12-10-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just wish someone would do the same thing to the Democrats.

They all need to go.

Including the alphabet agencies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join