It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right to influence the US elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Over the last 2 decades we´ve seen how the american foreign policies influence governments around the world. This happened by supposedly legitimate means or at least means that politicians have accepted as legitimate and has happened my violent means whether actual war or CIA operations.

I would risk to say that every country on earth has been influenced by american actions or policies.

So, how can the citizens of the world not be entitled to influence the outcome of american presidential elections?

If the US wants to have such a long arm they must accept and even embrace foreign influence on their electoral system.

edit on 12-10-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

So, how can the citizens of the world not be entitled to influence the outcome of american presidential elections?

They already do.

Example: Link

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yeah. Get back with me when we start hacking into their political systems and publishing what we want, and ignoring the rest.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Or just an innocent threat...There is no right to influence...just obey.

edit on 12-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
@CrapAsUsual Anyone can just walk across the southern US boarder, then register to vote.

@angeldoll you think hacking the Clinton Foundation is on the same level as Clinton's hand in
Muammar Gaddafi getting overthrown, dragged down the street, and then getting raped and killed?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If the US wants to have such a long arm they must accept and even embrace foreign influence on their electoral system. 

How would we go about that? Just let the whole world vote?

I guess I fail to see what you're getting at. Or is this just a rant?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Ideally all the world citizens should be able to vote in elections of the UN security council members states, at least the permanent members.

But since that´s not that easy to do, at least these countries shouldn´t complaint when a foreign power tries to influence their elections. It could be like lobbying.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Or just an innocent threat...There is no right to influence...just obey.

Wow do I miss George W Bush...

There was a time when our president would defend America, the light of the West, from the Muslim hoardes...
He did not apologize for our presence atop the social Darwinian ladder...he embraced it.

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yes but these are just words. What is a foreign power could actually create a party? Elect a representative, elect a president?

Sounds weird but the US have elected dummy politicians many times thru out the world

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's really something to see how some in the Trump "America First" crowd have pretzeled into supporting foreign influence over our election because "we deserve it."

What's next? Advocating for the election of Trump as punishment for the American people?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No.

Go sit down.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Thanks for the education Alex.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
Over the last 2 decades we´ve seen how the american foreign policies influence governments around the world. This happened by supposedly legitimate means or at least means that politicians have accepted as legitimate and has happened my violent means whether actual war or CIA operations.

I would risk to say that every country on earth has been influenced by american actions or policies.

An interesting observation and a rather sticky problem all around. You're correct that we are seeing the "chickens coming home to roost" here and that as other countries stabilize we may see more of it.

This leaves us with a problem, though - if the world sees a leader like a Kim Jung Il, do other countries have the right to meddle in the process to protect themselves?

I have no real solution but you do raise an interesting question.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

You mean I could just get into a plane arrive at the airport and tell the officer there:
-Hey! I came to vote!

Wouldn´t he send me back?

new topics

top topics

join