It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expensive looking Christmas gift ideas for a few bucks....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The crater in the Lay-Z-Boy can testify as to your existence.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would really just rather do away with gift giving altogether. It's endless and obligatory and sucks the fun right out of Christmas. I'd rather stick with "festive" gifts - food or beverage or decorations. Now, if I could just sell my kids on this.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
You could just sell your kids.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

There's only 1 problem. I don't care enough about what I said to back it up with anything other than pretty pictures of pretty cars.

If you think that way, why are you even posting to me? You just said you´re spouting bull# and do not even care to back it up. Trolling much? Will remember this for future talks, to save my time regarding opinion exchange with you, when you come over like the place where the sun does not shine.
edit on 12-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I think he was just making a joke...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
I know I lack some humour as my avatar states, but come on, what kind of assholish answer was that when we were in a friendly conversation? Flipping me off with that comment, I expected more from him. At least to back up his claims or at least admit his statements are too general.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Oh lighten up. It was a joke and it's Wednesday. Wednesdays are always good.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I can jump over my shadow... cheers
Weednesdays are always good, especially when it´s new episode release day.

Oh, cinema gift cards are always good, too as a present, if the one likes to go to movies. Not a special present but it pars on the same level if someone gives me a knife. I´m never overfed of knifes.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I don't know anyone who goes to the cinema anymore. Too much droid boxes, sky tv and YouTube channels for most people.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So, I guess the phrase "it's the thought that counts" no longer applies.

In my family we know who is doing well, and who is struggling.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It depends on the people you know, of course. Well, home cinemas are great but you can´t top a 100m²+ silverscreen in a THX certified theatre that punches the basses into you, in my eyes. It may depend on the quality and service of the cinema, too. I don´t know about other countries but here I can sit my ass into a soft comfortable seat and order my stuff without having to wait in line, freshly made and just on time before the movie starts. Don´t have to wait anywhere if you saved your seat online and it does not even cost a workplace because there is a extra counter with a person who handes you the small cards that the owner will tag personally when you walk up to the floor where the seperate cinemas are. I think that´s pretty convenient and you can meet new people. you cant press pause when you have to take a leak, that´s the only downside for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

So, I guess the phrase "it's the thought that counts" no longer applies.

The thought that comes across when you give someone a cheap knock off as a gift is, 'I don't really think much of you'.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
...adding to that, it´s not because it´s the cheaper version, it´s because pretending to have bought something expensive is much more "worse" than bringing me two apples and a signed card with personal words on it. It´s the thought people put behind the present before they aquire it, that counts for me, not the fact that someone brought something. Mean it with love or let it be. Both is okay, but don´t fool me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

It comes down to convenience.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

One of the nicest gifts I have gotten recently was a handmade card from our friend's youngest daughter who we kind of treat like our own kid. She put a nice bit of artistic effort into it and it still sits on the desk in my library.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Adding to that, I´m also not mad if someone says I´ve no idea what thoughtful gift I can aquire for you (because normally I buy and select what I need for myself, I´m not a child). My answer would be, if you think you have to bring a present because you feel better then, a plate of chocolate is fine. I like chocolate, I would appreciate it more than some trashy thing I will throw away or give it to someone who can use it, spawning a bad feeling that

a) I get rid of a present
b) He spent useless money when a 1€ chocolate bar would be enough, if he insists on a present for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Those are the things you´ll look at in 10 years and still be happy with it

Or the chocolate bar, that I can devour while reading a book in front of the fireplace at a cold winter night.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Those are the things you´ll look at in 10 years and still be happy with it

Absolutely. I just went over and peaked at it, still makes me smile.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Spending time/afford with and or for me is far more valuable to me than anything one can buy. You can´t buy happyness and love but you can spread it, for free.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That just reminded me of what I used to get my mum for every birthday an Christmas.

I never knew what to get here. So, when I was about 8 or 9, she told me to just get her some bubble bath (she loved the stuff). Well, I used to buy her a bottle of raddox (a few pounds here) and she was over the moon because it was her favourite one.

Sometimes (or even most of the time) something small is all that's ever needed. Hell, get me a cheap bottle of brandy (I like to have brandy, coke, dash of lime) and I'll be your friend for a month lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join