It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rich man parable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Notice there are 10 depicted in the parable. Laz, the rich man, father Ab (as his father), Moses, the prophets, and the 5 brethren.

Luke 16

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

^^^HAHAHA, he wanted him sent "to" his father's house because he is being tormented with the dead him inside the alive him (bosom wise) as him. Plus, it's funny because he said they will repent, when first of all, that they (himself) were born from the dead in the "to" death sense in which he was doing evil things which shows in no way he repented. What's that tell you about those that are hellbound? That they already sealed their fate from the foundation of the world. Those hellbound sowed themselves as devils and were told before.

Oh, the 10 symbolizes the 10th planet (the sun). The rich man and the poor begger are one in the same likewise the others depicted.

Yes, indeed there is a great gulf fixed all around the sun. Notice their is space bewteen the sun and the planets. That "us and you" mentioned is in the same place, or else how could father Ab be telling the rich man anything at all in the very torments? It takes common sense for understanding this parabale.

To sum it up:

Laz is in the rich man's bosom. The 10 depicted are the same one. In other words, it's no innocent victim in the torments. It's a parable so surely you can understand how come it's made to seem as though one telling things unto himself and about himself in the torments. It's as telling the state that you're in. It's just the parable expresses that with words.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Check this out:

"send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue"

^^Haha, the tip of Laz's finger is the rich man's tongue so to speak.

And then plain as day:

"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

^^^his bosom = the rich man's bosom.

So the certain man "was" rich until he died and became poor. Notice DISTINCTLY the parable doesnt indicate the begger died because it said "it came to pass" which means--and if you have a keen eye in reading detail--that the begger lives and lives as who "was" once a certain rich man. Besides all that,the parable straight out reveals him alive either which way.

Living and dieing at the same time (such a poor form) is how it is for that begger. Plus, you do see that who "was" a certain rich man is now certainly begging in torments which bascally reveals that he is now just a poor begger in torments.

"10" being symbolic in the parable because it reveals the devils' next bodily regeneration is inside the sun.

new topics

join