It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof that my 3 yr old son is more politically savvy than most Americans?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

He's running for Prez so I guess that would make him a politician, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Orionx2

First off, perhaps you didn't read my post? If you think this is an anti-Hilary thread, read again.

Read the responses carefully if you wish to understand the point.

If he's biased, it's against politicians in general and well bless him for that. But I didn't tell him to think that way.

Seriously? 3 years old and you are here making him a political statement... 3 years old... 3 years old???? I am a parent and you sound like a political hack. 3 year old on about politics... Right....

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Your blood pressure must be through the roof.

As I posted earlier, I rarely, if ever, talk about politics at home. What was so surprising was that he said that at all, and beyond that, that there was so much truth to it.

Don't worry, I won't be bringing him to any rallies or anything of the like in the near future. He has no idea that what he said had such an effect on anyone. He's sleeping soundly and dreaming sweet things, I'm sure.

Take it easy please.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yes it would. It's a joke, however, see how easy it is to believe?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Yes it would. It's a joke, however, see how easy it is to believe?

I don't understand your point. Do you still think this is a thread supporting Trump?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Your blood pressure must be through the roof.

As I posted earlier, I rarely, if ever, talk about politics at home. What was so surprising was that he said that at all, and beyond that, that there was so much truth to it.

Don't worry, I won't be bringing him to any rallies or anything of the like in the near future. He has no idea that what he said had such an effect on anyone. He's sleeping soundly and dreaming sweet things, I'm sure.

Take it easy please.

Whatever. My blood pressure is fine. It generally doesn't get raised when laughing. But please keep trying to tell any legitimate parent about your 3yo political affiliation... hahaha

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Whatever. My blood pressure is fine. It generally doesn't get raised when laughing. But please keep trying to tell any legitimate parent about your 3yo political affiliation... hahaha

You're twisting words in order to insinuate that, because I shared a funny and astute off-the-cuff comment my son made about the politicians he saw on TV, I am a bad parent? That's pretty shameful.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

You're twisting words in order to insinuate that, because I shared a funny and astute off-the-cuff comment my son made about the politicians he saw on TV, I am a bad parent? That's pretty shameful.

Whatever.....

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: zosimov

What I noticed was the fly. I thought that the total lack of reaction was rather odd. I'm rather certain that I would have made some reaction, brush off or something.

I've worked enough outdoor theater to see many trained actors not acknowledge many larger bugs flying straight into them.
Or play it up, depending on the role/ scene.

From a performance standpoint she made the correct choice.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My 8 year old says Trump acts like a bigger spoiled brat than kids her age do. And as far as Clinton goes, she's not doing too good at being interesting to listen to.

She makes excellent points, a potential leader should neither behave worse than an elementary schooler, nor should they fail at keeping one's attention when speaking.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

That's some big time control! No flinch, no blink, no reflexive hand brush after the fact.

First I thought it was a fly on my TV screen. Then I saw it again on a clip later after the debate was over, when the news people were discussing points in the debate.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What is so telling (and depressing beyond measure) is that our political affairs have so degenerated that allowing one's children to be in the room while the Presidential debate is running on the TV is considered worthy of censure.
Additionally, that relaying the unprompted aversion to both candidates that one's child feels generates disdain (read certain above responses) and accusations of using them as political fodder.
Your daughter is bright. Perhaps our youth can usher in the change we so drastically need. (One can hope!)

edit on 12-10-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I've got 3 kids [ 16 to 28 ] and trust me, they pick up on your attitudes, even if you don't say much. A few words is all it takes. Your kid was doing what he thought would make you happy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
To be honest, I believe the only subconscious cues he was picking up on were yours. His exclamation, was a confirmation of what you were obviously feeling. My grandsons 3 and 6 do this all the time regarding different subjects. They are seeking attention and will determine what is distracting you from them and try to participate by saying what they believe you want to hear.

It is natural, the only good thing about this is did he get your attention and also, make you reconsider how you really feel about the candidates?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Who knows? He was coloring with his sis and went right back to doing so after he said what he said. I don't like either candidate, that is true. But unless he read my mind at the time he wouldn't know that. My attitude while watching was get out the popcorn, I might as well enjoy this before Nov and we have to live with one of these guys as POTUS. Do you think he would have connected the few political disscussions he might have overheard in the past to the people on the stage?

But I'm not too concerned at his motivations one way or another. I just thought it was funny.
edit on 12-10-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: reldra

Of course, anyone that disagrees with the high and mighty reldra is a child...Oh please.

Ohh..she/he gets 2 stars for this? I don't call poeple children. So 2 people starred something that makes no sense.

5 stars now. Likely because you were being rude to them?
edit on 16-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: pthena

What I noticed was the fly. I thought that the total lack of reaction was rather odd. I'm rather certain that I would have made some reaction, brush off or something.

I've worked enough outdoor theater to see many trained actors not acknowledge many larger bugs flying straight into them.
Or play it up, depending on the role/ scene.

The key word here is actor. That's what Hillary is. She plays a role to get elected and then gets in and does what she wants. The fly knows crap when it sees it. Smart fly.

The MSM went into Yoga contortions to spin this as positive:

CBS News Spin on the Fly

According to starstuffs.com, “The lesson of fly is in the value of carrying your emotions, thoughts and feelings in order to act quickly in sometimes unfavorable or uncomfortable conditions.”

Hillarious!
edit on 16-10-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton fail proof sexual assault tips.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The child most likely would imitate Dad's values.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

The child most likely would imitate Dad's values.

Not so in my house. The kids were raised by a stay at home Mom and they spouted Momisms most.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join