It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was told I would need insulin to treat my diabetes daily...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Mustard has the least amount of sugar and very few recipes call for it. If I make tuna salad or any kind of pasta salad, I will use more mustard than mayo. Where most people would use only mayo, I cut the amount down to half or less and I love mayo and really do not like mustard. There is only so much mustard you can put on something.

They are not equally bad for you, mayo is the worst for fat content, ketchup is the worst for sugar content in my opinion.

Mustard has sugar, but it has 0 fat.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

These changes have helped me immensely. I was told I would need insulin to treat my diabetes daily and I have not because I have followed this regimen and my blood sugar has remained in normal range now for 5 years as a result.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

As I said, it is not necessary to stop eating certain things because of fat or sugar content, it is all about portions and timing.

Exercise and metabolism will do the work if used properly. I can eat what I want as long as I maintain control of portions. Sugar is not a problem if your body is able to process it properly.

Wheat is disgusting and I have no problem avoiding it.

Everything we eat is reduced to fat or sugar, regardless of what it is, but how it is absorbed into the blood is the difference, at what rate and how much, that is why it is better to eat a fruit, than drink it, for example.

My regimen has worked quite well for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Your prostrate would disagree with you and the constant shock on your body is far from useful, but hey knock yourself out. Using a stationary bike with a proper seat would be much more beneficial for exercise.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wrong. If I were going to cut anything it would be lunch, but I would have more snacks. Breakfast sets the tone for the day and I exercise 2 times a day. In the water. None of you have mentioned exercise at all. Metabolism is important for regulating blood sugar just as much as limiting portions, but I enjoy eating what I want because I do the exercise and limit my portions while maintaining a balanced diet.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Pokes are needed to keep an eye on things, but fewer pokes than when originally diagnosed. My blood sugar when I found out was so high they could not get a reading on the machine. I amazed my doctors though with my very quick turn around. They kept me in the hospital on a 24 hour monitor in the cardiac wing, but I walked every day around the floor and burned calories every day. When I got out, I started my water aerobics and began the process of regulating my diet.

At first, I avoided added sugar entirely, but I soon realized that it was not necessary to go sugar free, so nasty, instead I found a way to incorporate natural sugar at a manageable pace. I did eliminate 90% of my soda intake, but allowed for one 4 oz portion at dinner, for a treat and usually it was Sprite.

My Father was diagnosed at the age of 40 and I watched him abuse his diabetes for years, but he just took the insulin and paid the price. Too many people think going sugar free is the answer and it is not. Exercise and metabolism along with proper portions and balanced intake are the keys.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Pokes are needed to keep an eye on things, but fewer pokes than when originally diagnosed. My blood sugar when I found out was so high they could not get a reading on the machine. I amazed my doctors though with my very quick turn around

Here's where I think you're greatly, greatly exaggerating your claims. A hospitals glucose test would go well above 600mg/dL. If you were testing in this range, you would be in a diabetic coma. Im glad that you're managing your diabetes; but frankly, no diabetic should take your diet advice.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I just have to wonder what is bringing all of this diabetes, etc about?

My children's father is 5'9" and weighs between 160-165/medium frame. He has had heart disease from a young age and the right side of his heart artery is completely closed. Essentially dead. He has ridiculously high cholesterol even though eat a good diet (heredity they say).
He was recently diagnosed with emphysema (not surprised), some sort of elevated liver enzymes (that certainly could be attributed to the high doses of cholesterol meds he takes) that may or may not be something associated with his colon, blockages in the carotid arteries, and type 2 diabetes.
He works a physical type job and appears very healthy.

He's only 45 and I can't help but feel as if people are getting sicker at younger ages. Everything he's tried to do to correct say his lifestyle or the high cholesterol does not appear to be working. Of course, I'm not with him all of the time and 'monitor' if you will from afar but, it doesn't seem to be anything helping. My children would 'tattle tale' if he was 'cheating' on diet or lifestyle choices.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join