It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He didn't really apologize (Trump)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
I think that Friday night "apology" statement and the way he deflected at the debate didn't adequately speak to the issue, or take responsibility for it, at least not in a heartfelt or contrite manner. Instead he brought out the women to shield himself in the debate as some sort of political ploy or counter attack.

I don't think it worked and that everyone's still reeling from it, but looking back on it, on how he handled it, the question arises - did he really say he was sorry, and did he take responsibility for it and offer a heartfelt and contrite apology, without shifting it onto Bill Clinton's past?

Even Chris Christie feels the same way

Chris Christie: Trump's apology falls short

www.cnn.com...

But Donald Trump wouldn't listen to his own campaign advisors and panicked when he made that statement on Friday night.

That non-apology "apology" while shifting over to Bill Clinton, will be remembered as the moment that his ego and hubris and impulsiveness cost him the campaign, but he might have done something about it during the debate, but he only doubled down by showing up with Clinton's accusers.

So I'm with Chris Christy in saying that he did not handle it very well at all, and STILL owes a heartfelt and contrite apology, instead of say offering praise to a football star twice charged with sexual assault at his first rally post-debate.

Trump has sent quite decidedly the WRONG message about the whole issue of sexual harassment and sexual assault and everyone's waiting now with a pause trying to digest it all.

But if he didn't effectively address it or properly apologize for it, then where are we?

Instead he tried to turn it into political theater, but without actually just saying sorry and taking responsibility for it.

He really blew it.

We needed to see his heart, but all it was for him was a loss and/or point of embarrassment, nothing more. Meanwhile girls and women across the country are looking on to see what he has to say about it and for himself.

Locker room talk. Nothing more. That's it that's all - look at Bill.

Terrible terrible strategy. Rudy Guiliani is running with that ball, but he has no one to pass it off to.

Good for Chris Christie for saying what needed to be said.

He took the same responsibility as Hillary has.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It is sad.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Founded on the cornerstone of individual civil liberty (I should have added).

I'm not for collectivism either. And I'm aware that that's a big part of the problems that we're facing in the socio-political domain.

So you kind of got me there, but that's not the basis of the idea.

But that we are in a global village is also a reality that cannot be denied.

Nativism and excessive nationalist exceptionalism is just as bad.

I'm thinking of a world where no one's treading on anyone, so that one and all can be set free to fly in the spacious firmament of freedom and love.

edit on 11-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Founded on the cornerstone of individual civil liberty (I should have added).

I'm not for collectivism either. And I'm aware that that's a big part of the problems that we're facing in the socio-political domain.

So you kind of got me there, but that's not the basis of the idea.

But that we are in a global village is also a reality that cannot be denied.

Nativism and excessive nationalist exceptionalism is just as bad.

I'm thinking of a world where no one's treading on anyone, so that one and all can be set free to fly in the spacious firmament of freedom and love.

Do you are disillusional and have no clue about real human nature?
edit on 11-10-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I think that Friday night "apology" statement and the way he deflected at the debate didn't adequately speak to the issue, or take responsibility for it, at least not in a heartfelt or contrite manner. Instead he brought out the women to shield himself in the debate as some sort of political ploy or counter attack.

I don't think it worked and that everyone's still reeling from it, but looking back on it, on how he handled it, the question arises - did he really say he was sorry, and did he take responsibility for it and offer a heartfelt and contrite apology, without shifting it onto Bill Clinton's past?

Even Chris Christie feels the same way

Chris Christie: Trump's apology falls short

www.cnn.com...

But Donald Trump wouldn't listen to his own campaign advisors and panicked when he made that statement on Friday night.

That non-apology "apology" while shifting over to Bill Clinton, will be remembered as the moment that his ego and hubris and impulsiveness cost him the campaign, but he might have done something about it during the debate, but he only doubled down by showing up with Clinton's accusers.

So I'm with Chris Christy in saying that he did not handle it very well at all, and STILL owes a heartfelt and contrite apology, instead of say offering praise to a football star twice charged with sexual assault at his first rally post-debate.

Trump has sent quite decidedly the WRONG message about the whole issue of sexual harassment and sexual assault and everyone's waiting now with a pause trying to digest it all.

But if he didn't effectively address it or properly apologize for it, then where are we?

Instead he tried to turn it into political theater, but without actually just saying sorry and taking responsibility for it.

He really blew it.

We needed to see his heart, but all it was for him was a loss and/or point of embarrassment, nothing more. Meanwhile girls and women across the country are looking on to see what he has to say about it and for himself.

Locker room talk. Nothing more. That's it that's all - look at Bill.

Terrible terrible strategy. Rudy Guiliani is running with that ball, but he has no one to pass it off to.

Good for Chris Christie for saying what needed to be said.
Who cares??? Trump didn't do anything to apologize for...Sitting is a bus full of rowdy men, probably fueled by a few drinks, years and years ago...Do the 80,000,000 women who bought copies of Shades of Gray care about it??? Who cares about it except for the lying, deceiving mass media who are trying to keep this and other mindless stories alive to keep Trump from winning the election...While letting Hillary skate and every illegal activity she's been involved for the last 30 years...

Do you have any political issues you want to discuss other than this drivel??? Or maybe you can't defend Hillary on a single issue so you too are trying to keep this nonsense alive...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Ok. while I consider what you've said to be a bit of a deflection, let's go there.

Can you list her crimes.

We need specifics, not just hyperbole.

She's made some terrible mistakes, I'll give you that, but people are making her out to be an absolute monster.

Let's see it, and talk about that then.

But you can't just make blanket statements like that without backing them up, I see Trump supporters do that all too often, as he does.

You have to put forth a case, and be factual and specific.

Go nuts!

What is there other than the emails and the Benghazi f-up?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

No I'm just an eternal optimist because I think that's the only sane and rational position to take in the final analysis.

We must always strive for an ideal.

People are, on the whole, fundamentally good.

It could be that you're just too cynical and have a much more distrusting attitude towards your fellow man, as if everyone ought to be prepared for a shoot out at the OK Coral at any moment.

<< 1  2   >>

join