It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He didn't really apologize (Trump)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Both parties are guilty of this, but Republican's are far worse, that's not really even debatable,

LOL, Look deflected not once but possibly twice in that statement to the republican party.

Yes both party are guilty of this .

However,

1. Sticking a cigar in an intern while married and in the oval office if far worse than what Trump SAID.

However Just in case you are doing a double deflection by going of topic from what trump said to the ills of the republicans. than:

2. In this election the DNC had to fire their leader because of tampering with the election process.

3. Hillary than goes and hires the disgraced DNC leader for tampering with the election to be part of her team.

4. Bill Clinton met with the Attorney General in a secret tarmac meeting a couple of days prior to the FBI deciding to not prosecute his wife, who was under a criminal investigation.

5. The DNC has been shown to be in coohoots with the MSM .

6. FBI Did not say hillary was innocent nor that they didn't find illegal activity, but rather they couldn't prove her intent.

7. Bill Clinton Was impeached for lying under oath and they suspended his license to practice law.

I could go on ...

But Yeah I think the GOP sucks and are likely equally corrupted. However, there is plenty to debate and demonstrate to show that the DNC is far more corrupt ,especially in this election cycle.

edit on 481031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:48:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I don't think he needed to apologize.

Some guys talk crap when they are around other guys.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bringing up Trump or Hillary is not a deflection.

A deflection is when you explicitly ignore a comment, by making another controversial comment.

And generally crappy people, then make a comment that subversively makes the first comment look hypocritical, or irrelevant.

Look, you said:

originally posted by: interupt42

You seriously don't think HIllary supporters do the same?

And then I addressed your comment:

Did I mention if I think Hillary supporters are the same or not? I happen to think so.

You weren't ignored.

Here is a common political example:
Hillary Supporter: Trump is a Sexist!
Trump Supporter: Bill raped Women.

Does this mean it's okay that Trump is a sexist, because Bill rapes women? No. That's obviously stupid, and the person instead of talking about Trump, just deflects to Bill as a 'point' that being sexist is 'okay', under the premise that 'Democrats are worse' alone.

Two wrongs don't make a right. A deflection ignores this. That is a deflection.
edit on 11-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No You are still deflecting and going on about I don't know what , because I answered the question on my first post in this thread, which you clearly appear to ignore.

Trump was talking locker room smack? Did he actually grab somebody without their permission? No. so I don't see the big deal.

Are you a Pope or Nun or have never heard Guys talking smack with each other or women for that matter which are far worse just better at hiding it?
edit on 531031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:53:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You missed the point entirely.

You should just stick to the word 'hypocrite', you seem to understand that.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Score , personal attack when you have been guaranteed the win in an argument.

Plus Good job on deflecting again and not answering my question.

Trump was talking locker room smack? Did he actually grab somebody without their permission? No. so I don't see the big deal.

Are you a Pope or Nun or have never heard Guys talking smack with each other or women for that matter which are far worse just better at hiding it?

edit on 001031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 22:00:58 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Score , personal attack when you have been guaranteed the win in an argument.

Plus Good job on deflecting again and not answering my question.

You never asked me this question, claiming I 'deflected' it. You just don't understand what a deflection is, it's okay.
To answer it for you if you want: No, I'm not a Pope or Nun, and I have heard guys talk smack, but it's generally more 'dirty' and less 'criminal'. Satisfied?

I still can't comprehend how me not even reading this question is deflection according to you.

I'll try a basic example one more time:

(Tim has been doing bad at work lately. His boss said he may fire him.)
Mark: "Hey Tim, hows your job going?"
Tim: "My job? Are you even employed?" (Deflection)
Mark: "No...I've been between jobs lately."
Tim: "Well, you should look harder you lazy slouch."
Mark: "Haha well, I've been doing a lot of camping lately. The weather's been great." (Deflection)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You never asked me this question, claiming I 'deflected' it.

I thought the '?' was a dead give away,

Here is my question as a tacobowl member:

edit on 121031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 22:12:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You never asked me this question, claiming I 'deflected' it.

I thought the '?' was a dead give away,

Here is my question:

Dude, I answered this.

To answer it for you if you want: No, I'm not a Pope or Nun, and I have heard guys talk smack, but it's generally more 'dirty' and less 'criminal'. Satisfied?

Again I didn't 'deflect' it. You edited it in, after I read your post and was responding. It wasn't part of your OP. I didn't even see it.

"Ignoring" is also not deflection. Deflection is more specific. It's a combination of Ignoring a question, and changing the subject simultaneously. "No response" isn't a deflection. I will now try my 'best' to give an example of 'deflecting' this question.

"So you're saying we should just accept crude behavior and all walk around like Nudists?"

Basically, it's a passive aggressive knee-jerk comment, that doesn't respect the first comment, specifically to bring attention away from the first comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Orionx2

a reply to: intrepid

No, I think thoughtful awareness is on the rise.

What does that even mean?

Whatever the opposite of a knee jerk reaction might be. Things like emotional IQ, and really thoughtful consideration of the issues and the impact of things that are said and done. Subtly, nuance, understanding, comprehension.

Awareness, thoughtful awareness is on the rise. Why doesn't it make any sense to you?

Awareness....thoughtful Awareness... I can only assume you are not from the USA and English I not your 1st language because you make no sense what so ever..

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

" Trump has sent quite decidedly the WRONG message about the whole issue of sexual harassment and sexual assault and everyone's waiting now with a pause trying to digest it all. "

You are Misinformed . There was No " sexual harassment " nor Any " sexual assault " in that Hit Piece Video . Your Political Correctness is Showing .

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah, no. It's what he says he does, the mauling, groping thing and I'm pretty sure that most women who heard that will know instinctually that it's something that he's done.

There have been a couple of women who've corroborated that he does that kind of stuff.

To just chalk it up as locker room talk doesn't address the issue.

He never really said sorry, or tried to address it in the larger context, just deflect deflect.

He didn't handle the "apology" very well, and his own closest advisor Chris Christie agrees.

He appeared to behave as someone with a guilty conscience, like a kid caught doing something who points at another kid.

His response is also indicative of a the type of "leader" he would be.

I think it reveals the tendency for abusive conduct and abuse of power.

It's goes a little deeper than just "locker room talk", I don't think that really cuts it.

And I don't think that the American people were satisfied with his response to an important issue in society.

He was very tone deaf about it, and didn't listen to his closest aids when he wrote and then read his statement on Friday night, and then his "scorched earth" approach on Sunday evening, with the line up of Bill Clinton accusers... well I can understand why Chris Christie who was helping him with his debate prep flew the coop with Guiliani taking over and running with the ball.

I think Corey Lewandowski had the right idea about the best way to deal with it, which would have been to have had Donald do a sit down interview on Saturday and own it, and apologize for it straight up, without pointing somewhere else on the basis of some moral equivalency which he took to new heights in his ISIS response to Anderson Cooper's question, which almost sounded like - you think that's bad? what about chopping off of heads etc.?!

The point of the OP is that he never really addressed it in the appropriate context, with any degree of sympathy or understanding of the experience of many women.

So help him, if more women come forward with grievances about the way he treated him, then he's doomed, because then the talk is corroborated by actual harassment and abuse.

He didn't put it behind him in other words, not really.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No you didn't answer it until now because when I posted the question your immediate post was when you took a personal attack.

However,
lets get back on topic of what Trump said and stop this silly back and forth cr@p .

So you agree guys talk Sh1t when they are together especially when it comes to sex or dirty as you call it.

What was criminal about this, distasteful yes but criminal?

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.” “Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s. “Grab them by the p---y,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

He didn't say he forces them. He is bragging that when you are rich and famous women throw themselves at him and let him do whatever he wants.

Surely you can't be surprised that rich and famous guys have women thrown at them constantly and to some extent ALLOW them to do what they want? Ask Bill Clinton if that is true, heck look what he did with a cigar.
edit on 451031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 22:45:40 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I think he said he throws themselves at them, and they don't complain because he's a star, not that they are throwing themselves at him. Kiss kiss grope grope.

He says he can get away with it, with inappropriate sexually aggressive behavior because he's a star.

Then again, we aren't seeing a ton of women coming out to talk about him having done this to them, so there's that, for now..

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think he said he throws themselves at them, and they don't complain because he's a star, not that they are throwing themselves at him. Kiss kiss grope grope.

I disagree and I dont see anywhere that indicates that he is stating that he can just go to anyone and grab them by the P.

Heck he even said that he failed to score with the married lady even after taking her furnisher shopping. He is just talking crap and bragging how awesome it is to be rich and famous and exaggerating.

Eitherwise he would have grabbed that lady by the P and not failed at his attempt and we would have seen the lawsuit. It was nothing more than locker room talk .

edit on 561031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 22:56:27 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Whatever the opposite of a knee jerk reaction might be. Things like emotional IQ, and really thoughtful consideration of the issues and the impact of things that are said and done. Subtly, nuance, understanding, comprehension.

Awareness, thoughtful awareness is on the rise. Why doesn't it make any sense to you?

Awareness....thoughtful Awareness... I can only assume you are not from the USA and English I not your 1st language because you make no sense what so ever..

Then you probably wouldn't care much for a phrase like "an enlightened, mutual best interest as a multi-lateral, collaborative mutuality of existence."

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

" Ah, no. It's what he says he does, the mauling, groping thing and I'm pretty sure that most women who heard that will know instinctually that it's something that he's done.

There have been a couple of women who've corroborated that he does that kind of stuff. "

Who are these " Most Women " , and who are these " Couple of Women " ? Did any of them File Suit against Mr. Trump for Sexual Assault or Sexual Harassment ?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Like I said, I agree with Chris Christie on this. Trump didn't handle it appropriately. No deflection is needed, just a straight, contrite apology, and by the time he does it, which he will, it will be a little too late, that's all I'm saying here.

Actually you got it backwards that was during an interview and he was asked how trump should handle it. Thus was breaking news in the middle of his interview. So that was his advice to donald apologize and move on that's what he did. My opinion is simple I could care less at this point. I mean really who couldn't figure out he was a pig. Did we even need the video is anyone truly shocked he said this?? I know I would expect him to say it and wasn't a bit surprised as I assume most people. My only problem is thr press are playing this to death thinking they are scoring points they aren't. Most women know guys can be pigs and doesn't really shock them either especially donald. I mean come on I assumed he says alot of things he's a new yorker

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

who the hell cares.

Everyone is trying to make this bigger than it is.

Big freaking deal.

His deflection is only one if you want to talk about this instead of the myriad of other real issues and happenings in the world.

Everyone is wasting our time with this BS.

edit on 10 11 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Then you probably wouldn't care much for a phrase like "an enlightened, mutual best interest as a multi-lateral, collaborative mutuality of existence."

Sounds like communism.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join