It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He didn't really apologize (Trump)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think that Friday night "apology" statement and the way he deflected at the debate didn't adequately speak to the issue, or take responsibility for it, at least not in a heartfelt or contrite manner. Instead he brought out the women to shield himself in the debate as some sort of political ploy or counter attack.

I don't think it worked and that everyone's still reeling from it, but looking back on it, on how he handled it, the question arises - did he really say he was sorry, and did he take responsibility for it and offer a heartfelt and contrite apology, without shifting it onto Bill Clinton's past?

Even Chris Christie feels the same way

Chris Christie: Trump's apology falls short

www.cnn.com...

But Donald Trump wouldn't listen to his own campaign advisors and panicked when he made that statement on Friday night.

That non-apology "apology" while shifting over to Bill Clinton, will be remembered as the moment that his ego and hubris and impulsiveness cost him the campaign, but he might have done something about it during the debate, but he only doubled down by showing up with Clinton's accusers.

So I'm with Chris Christy in saying that he did not handle it very well at all, and STILL owes a heartfelt and contrite apology, instead of say offering praise to a football star twice charged with sexual assault at his first rally post-debate.

Trump has sent quite decidedly the WRONG message about the whole issue of sexual harassment and sexual assault and everyone's waiting now with a pause trying to digest it all.

But if he didn't effectively address it or properly apologize for it, then where are we?

Instead he tried to turn it into political theater, but without actually just saying sorry and taking responsibility for it.

He really blew it.

We needed to see his heart, but all it was for him was a loss and/or point of embarrassment, nothing more. Meanwhile girls and women across the country are looking on to see what he has to say about it and for himself.

Locker room talk. Nothing more. That's it that's all - look at Bill.

Terrible terrible strategy. Rudy Guiliani is running with that ball, but he has no one to pass it off to.

Good for Chris Christie for saying what needed to be said.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
deflection works today as many only hear what they want.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No, I think thoughtful awareness is on the rise.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

What does that even mean?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Seriously , you are concerned about his lack of apology about talking locker room smack in this campaign?LOL.

Let me guess you have no concern for what Bill Clinton ACTUALLY did which is far worse than talking smack.

The only deflection I see is hillary supporter trying to put focus on this versus the email leak and her weekly scandals , lies, and lack of accomplishment in her 3o year career.

Do you think these were sincere apologies ?

edit on 461031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 20:46:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

See? Classic example. THAT was the gist of my last post.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I could say tomorrow there will be a trump and hillary trashing thread, so what do I get for my clever insight?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I could say tomorrow there will be a trump and hillary trashing thread, so what do I get for my clever insight?

Don't know what you mean but that was a clear example that Trumpeteers won't even contemplate that the Messiah did anything wrong because ... CLINTON.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Like I said, I agree with Chris Christie on this. Trump didn't handle it appropriately. No deflection is needed, just a straight, contrite apology, and by the time he does it, which he will, it will be a little too late, that's all I'm saying here.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Don't know what you mean but that was a clear example that Trumpeteers won't even contemplate that the Messiah did anything wrong because ... CLINTON.

Than you couldn't be more wrong by having used me for that example. I think the libertarian party is the right party for our corrupted gov't and think both the GOP and the DNC are one in the same. Yet I thought Bernie Sanders was our best hope for this election cycle.

I can't stomach to vote for trump and will likely not vote for him despite Hillary being worse than him and having 30 years of nothing to show but corruption ,lies, and scandals.

Perhaps it is you who might be a Trumpeteers but just for the opposite party ?
edit on 001031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:00:02 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Really? Then why not discuss the topic as opposed to deflecting?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Really? Then why not discuss the topic as opposed to deflecting?

I did in my first post. The guy was talking locker room smack . I don't see the big deal about it , especially in this election cycle. Did he actually grab somebody by the crotch without their permissions?

What I find amusing is the hilarity supporters acting like they are morally above it when their precious clintons have done far worse.

edit on 041031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:04:34 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

What does that even mean?

Whatever the opposite of a knee jerk reaction might be. Things like emotional IQ, and really thoughtful consideration of the issues and the impact of things that are said and done. Subtly, nuance, understanding, comprehension.

Awareness, thoughtful awareness is on the rise. Why doesn't it make any sense to you?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm a concerned Canadian citizen, not a Hillary supporter. Just for the record.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I guess you had the common core reading classes.

Anyone who knows me knows these words don’t reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize

He owns his actions. He admits he is wrong. He apologized.

What more do you want?
edit on 11/10/2016 by shooterbrody because: I spell like hillary runs I T

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Than you couldn't be more wrong by having used me for that example. I think the libertarian party is the right party for our corrupted gov't and think both the GOP and the DNC are one in the same. Yet I thought Bernie Sanders was our best hope for this election cycle.

I can't stomach to vote for trump and will likely not vote for him despite Hillary being worse than him and having 30 years of nothing to show but corruption ,lies, and scandals.

Perhaps it is you who might be a Trumpeteers but just for the opposite party ?

His point is Trump supporters think their routine deflection logic is infallible.

You literally deflect to your libertarian opinion, as an example, without addressing his point at all.

I'm not calling you a Trump supporter, or that your comment about Libertarian's is nonsense, but the point is Republican's don't address issues or hypocrisy within their party, even when DIRECTLY confronted. They merely address the opposite party, in circumstances that are rarely similar by anything less than a stretch of logic itself, and do their best to paint a picture of Hypocrisy as best they can without acknowledging they're doing or even saying what they're saying.

"2 Wrongs don't make a Right" not only is not a Republican Principle, the opposite of such is the basis of every political stance they have.
edit on 11-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm a concerned Canadian citizen, not a Hillary supporter. Just for the record.

Well my apologies , I can see why foreigners would have more of a concern if Trump gets elected , since he has the potential to shake things up.

However, as an American non party affiliated individual I can see some good in shaking things up versus continuing in the selling out of America to Corporations and special interest as is guaranteed by a Hillary POTUS.

Don't get me wrong Trump scares the Sh1t out of me. However in reality congress will keep him in line but his mouth will continue to flow without filter, which just might expose the corruption.

Granted its a .001 percent chance but with hillary its a 0 percent chance of any positive change.

edit on 211031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:21:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

but the point is Republican's don't address issues or hypocrisy within their party,

You seriously don't think HIllary supporters do the same? Like I said the GOP is the DNC and the trumpsters are the Hillbots and they are all the cause of corruption in our gov't , because neither can admit their candidate sucks and only blame the other party.

Standing from the sidelines I actually see more Trump supporters saying he sucks but hillary has a proven record of no significant accomplishes under her belt besides scandals and lies.

While hillary supporters think she is awesome and will be a great POTUS which is laughable. Or you got the others that totally overlook the billions scandals and coincidence that the Clintons have been involved in.

edit on 241031America/ChicagoTue, 11 Oct 2016 21:24:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: imjack

but the point is Republican's don't address issues or hypocrisy within their party,

You seriously don't think HIllary supporters do the same?

Look! Another deflection to Hillary! Did I mention if I think Hillary supporters are the same or not? I happen to think so.

Obviously Hillary is a bad candidate, that is why you said her name 4 times for shock value, in response to comments about Trump.

Both parties are guilty of this, but Republican's are far worse, that's not really even debatable, as Republican Candidates THEMSELVES use massive deflection, not just supporters. The Supporters even commonly use deflection their candidates use.

Claiming your candidate sucks, or showing political 'humility' is not the point. The point is Republicans cannot answer basic questions without covering their ass and throwing the DNC under the bus first, or else they'd look like monsters without the comparison.
edit on 11-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 11-10-2016 by breakingbs because: getting out of this debate

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join