It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10-Step “Does My Shirt Fit?” Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

I Buy "off the rack", too. Mostly because i just don't care. I like to see people wearing nice suits, to admire the cut and the fabric (i have that artists streak in me). But i'd rather die than wear a suit daily.

About 4 years ago i wore a suit every day. Then decided "Screw it, im going with polos and slacks with a pair of Sperry's". Much more comfortable, to be sure.
edit on 10/12/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Nice thread, i'll be sure to try some of those tips.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So I've been dying to get back to this thread.

Honestly. I'm an ass. I don't know crap about fashion. I've tried.

But I have always loved textiles. So my trying to understand fashion (for the sake of domestic stability) has led to an even deeper appreciation for textiles than my youthful fascination could have ever led me to.

I so appreciate the insight in to Tailor and Cutter provided by Anaana and The Son of Hector.

I have seen both of their work, Tailor and Cutter, in the form of dresses from custom seamstresses with gorgeously matched panels of hand-painted, and beaded, natural fabrics.

Men's clothing is easier for me to grasp, and I do enjoy being "off the rack": I can grab a standard sized shirt and go.

I feel pretty silly for missing the OP's point re: Alex Jones' shirt. But fact is, he provided a very cool example of the influence of fashion on evrything that surrounds us.

Those shirts are popular. I wouldn't wear one. I can't. I know better.

But trying to fathom how Alex thought it through to, "Yes!", is #n gold!

And also? I just really wanted to shout, "Textiles Are Everything!!!!!!!!!, at the slightest opportunity.

Because I honestly believe that they are the answer to why we are here, on Earth, and the answer to anything that ATS is interested in when there isn't some psycho-election happening.

Over and out.

edit on 14-10-2016 by Dan00 because: goddamnit dropped a vowel

new topics

<< 1   >>

join