It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police: Woman threw drug / sex parties for teenaged son and friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A 40 year old mother who was "trying to be cool" is under arrest for throwing a sex and drug party for her son. Sylvia Johnson allegedly provided methamphetamine, marijuana, and alcohol to her son and eight friends. In addition, she has admitted to having sex with five of the boys.

www.cnn.com
ARVADA, Colorado (AP) -- A 40-year-old woman held sex and drug parties with teenage boys, telling police she wanted to be a "cool mom," authorities say.

Sylvia Johnson allegedly provided marijuana, methamphetamine and alcohol to eight boys at parties held at her suburban Denver home in 2003 and 2004. According to court papers, she admitted having sex with five of the boys.

One of the boys told his mother, and Johnson was arrested in December and charged with offenses including sexual assault and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And the nominee for worst parent of the year goes to.... How was any of this going to be okay. Its really scary that there is no requirements to becoming a parent. You have to take a test and pass it to actually drive a car, but raising a child? you get a wing and a prayer.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This isn't even really news.....sad as it is.....this doesn't even surprise me anymore.......

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
LadyV I know you don't like this kind of "news" because we males tend to respond with childish jokes on such things, but it's not every day that a mum drugs ups kids and sort of rape them.

It's a sign of a soceity wich has lost it's values, a consumersoceity where people are thought they have free choices, but without teaching to take responsibillity for those choices

Dedication to values is actually one of the stronger points of christianity in America. I may not agree with all those values or how politics sometimes use them as leverage for something entirely different, but I can certainly respect they have a well written guidance and a ethical compass.

Maybe be should indeed stop watching SpongeBob and contaminate ourselves with tolerance for diversity and "alternative" lifestyles ?

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed a reagular intenisifcation of these types of news that has been reported in the last 3-4 months.? I'm not getting down on the ladies out there, but I have noticed this type of behaviour has been on the increase. Am I the only one to notice this? This woman should have known better than to do something that stupid...booze, meth. and lets say a(Randy) female= big trouble. Now those young men are going to have a complex over this for the rest of their lives!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What are you implying FLYINGHIGH, will the FDA bring Plan-B for Boys on the market
(oops , yeh there the childish male jokes go again, can't help it, in males the sense of humour center is right next to the sexual arousment center in the brain, why we always tend to smile to goodlooking girls)

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's one in every crowd........this isn't news. So we have another account of yet another irresponsible adult......I fail to see how this is relevant to us in any way and if you want to say social trends and its downward spiral I assure you there are many examples to balance out this atrocity.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
It's a sign of a soceity wich has lost it's values, a consumersoceity where people are thought they have free choices, but without teaching to take responsibillity for those choices

Dedication to values is actually one of the stronger points of christianity in America. I may not agree with all those values or how politics sometimes use them as leverage for something entirely different, but I can certainly respect they have a well written guidance and a ethical compass.

Maybe be should indeed stop watching SpongeBob and contaminate ourselves with tolerance for diversity and "alternative" lifestyles ?

Where do diversity or alternate lifestyles come up in this story? A Heterosexual Suburban White Middle Income Christian ( likely, given the area) Mother is the villan in this story.

"Dedication to values is actually one of the stronger points of christianity in America" - Maybe, but those who observe within Wicca, Islam, Hinduism, Judaeism, ect.m and Agnostics are all of just as high a moral fiber....Christians are far from having a franchise....particularly since the Statutory Rape of Boys and Infantacide seems to be the domain of White Christian women.

Not a flame at you, but the ignorance in this country of the Religious sham is breath taking. We've always had pedophiles. We've always had older women seducing young boys .We've always had abductions.
But, now we've got instant media and larger volume because of population growth. I would guesstimate that those same sins stay at the same percentage of society....just the demographics driving the totals up.

new topics

top topics

join