It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do people actually meet on this website???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I know that most people are reluctant to trade info about themselves online. I am also too preoccupied with things to just drop everything I'm doing. I like being able to control where i go and things the way they are Still, I started this with at least the possibility of this being true, maybe at ones leisure or non obligatory or how should I put it. Even if it never happens per se because I am rather busy, I just wondered if it happens like at all..

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Yes. Quite a few people meet. I've met several people in person. Sammamishman and I go on vacation together and go plane spotting and black project hunting.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Their was a thread about a month ago with pics of members/stories that have met on here and married or in a relationship for years etc.

Can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure there was one.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well, people are currently arranging a New York meet up.
There was also a past meet up where a few members of the BTS Shed thread got together.
I'm intending to meet someone from these boards in a few months.

It happens.

edit on 11 10 2016 by kaelci because: sp.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well ok that's what I wondered. I was just wondering why there seemed to be a dearth of interesting links or uhh..at least something

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There was talk of an ATS convention at one point as well, but I don't think it was ever formally planned

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do ppl ever trade links?? Like I've seen mufon..

edit on 11-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Back in the day of IRC (and BB's scuze my age, my 9400baud modem was an A4 footprint) we used to meet up for drinks, chat and fun. I have never experienced an invite or even thought about it on ATS, IRC was global, BB's were mainly local in my experience.

Perhaps you should suggest a get together in your local area to discuss topics, i'd be willing to participate in a pub crawl in the SW England, ATS topics will have the 22:30 hrs "last orders" bell before things got heated, No 1 RULE

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Haven't met anyone in person, other than my wartune friend I had join a few days ago. A few I have talked to in regular email.
I talk to Tech fairly often on skype. One person is on my FB friends list. That is really it.
edit on 11-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
The Great New York City Meetup: Who Is In?

It's a month from now

I am going to try. I am moving out of m house into an apartment on 11/1. I can if I have financially recovered.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Augustus Masonicus has been scooping up all the hot ATS babes here.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Back in the day of IRC (and BB's scuze my age, my 9400baud modem was an A4 footprint) we used to meet up for drinks, chat and fun. I have never experienced an invite or even thought about it on ATS, IRC was global, BB's were mainly local in my experience.

Perhaps you should suggest a get together in your local area to discuss topics, i'd be willing to participate in a pub crawl in the SW England, ATS topics will have the 22:30 hrs "last orders" bell before things got heated, No 1 RULE

I remember the ATS chat, it was a good thing. Now it is a nothing thing. I miss it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He didn't scoop me up lol

link   
How ironic , I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering how others on here know each other....I know no one on here.

link   
People meet from here a lot from what I gather. There have been a few gatherings. A couple of members have met here and married. I gave a member a puppy. She couldn't make the trip to pick it up but sent her brother in law. That doesn't exactly count but she has the puppy.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

I remember the ATS chat, it was a good thing. Now it is a nothing thing. I miss it.

I did see it before I registered. I would be nice to have.

link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ah, yes...the one that got away.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
How ironic , I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering how others on here know each other....I know no one on here.

I have ocasionally offered my email or been given an email in PM. That is how for that.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ah, yes...the one that got away.

Haha. yes I am. It could be seconds before he makes a snarky reply. lol (looks around)

I mean snarky in a funny way. Just to be clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join