It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Moderators Change Usernames?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've had this account for years and I'd like a different username. I was told that I could possibly change it if I PM a moderator, but that users can't create multiple accounts. Can a moderator let me know if it's possible that it be changed?

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jackieisinlove

I'm guessing you're no longer in love?

Seriously though, I have no answer for you. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You should message a moderator and ask them what your options are....or use the complaint function.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am certain that your username can not be changed, you would have to make a new account. Unless there was a very serious reason to do so that is, such as harassment etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Member names cannot be changed... Your only option for that is a new account.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

OT but that avy is adorable! I'm going to follow you around just so I can see it. lol!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To those saying I'd need to create another account: I believe it's against T&C to have multiple accounts and that they get a notification that someone with the same IP has two accounts, so I don't think that's something someone can do. And to ShadowLink, actually that's kind of correct. I created this username and account when I was 22 and married to my abusive ex-husband, so I'd prefer to have a new username so I don't think about that every time I log in. I actually stopped posting and participating here because of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jackieisinlove
To those saying I'd need to create another account: I believe it's against T&C to have multiple accounts and that they get a notification that someone with the same IP has two accounts, so I don't think that's something someone can do. And to ShadowLink, actually that's kind of correct. I created this username and account when I was 22 and married to my abusive ex-husband, so I'd prefer to have a new username so I don't think about that every time I log in. I actually stopped posting and participating here because of it.

That's sad to hear, if you can make an exciting one so you feel you want to come back more often.

Hope you get it changed :-)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You can't have multiple accounts to chat with in a schizophrenic way with yourself. However you can create a new account and just use that. Banning on IP's alone would be insane considering the users that use a VPN or so.

edit on 11-10-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think your account is linked to an email, so if you have another email account that you would be willing to use for the site, that would be ok. I also think that if you kept both accounts going, and it was noticed, you would get banned. But I am not sure on the last point.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
You can't have multiple accounts to chat with in a schizophrenic way with yourself. However you can create a new account and just use that. Banning on IP's alone would be insane considering the users that use a VPN or so.

Blanket IP bans would be impracticable on ATS I agree.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's against the T&C to create another account to talk to yourself. In this case your best bet is to send a complaint and go to the staff directly.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It was a mod that told you you'd have to make a different one... Look above ...you just can't use both... Only and forever the new one. Ask above..

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank you, everyone!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Create another account and don't tell anyone it's a separate account. Problem solved! You don't exactly have a lot of content on this site so you're not losing much anyways.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Or just think about someone else you love, a family member, a pet (dog, cat, gopher), a love of life. You certainly don't have to think of your ex as the only person you have loved or will love. That way you can leave your husband even further behind and still enjoy ATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How about matching the colour of your name to the colour of your background?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

OT but that avy is adorable! I'm going to follow you around just so I can see it. lol!

Thank you

click on my banner and you can follow folks with much more talent than I have

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
How about matching the colour of your name to the colour of your background?

That's against the miniprofile rules, user names should always be visible.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You would create a new account...and this account would be disabled....no longer active.
File a complaint/alert...or contact a staff member...several have posted in this thread.

top topics

join