It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist gets mad at polite neighbour, newspaper on racists side? HUH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey,

I found this article and don't know what to think. Basically there is a "white" and "black" guy. The "white" guy politely asks the black guy to not be loud at night when sleeping and the "black" guy. The response from the "black" guy - to be a racist.

news.nationalpost.com...

First, take a look at the article. There is NO racism whatsoever in the "white" guy's letter at all. This is exactly what you want people to do.

The "black" guy's response..
" “White people will sometimes speak without thinking of the bigger implications of their actions,” Brookshire told The Washington Post. “They’re just kind of reacting. That kind of speaks to their own privilege.”

He literally starts his sentence with racism, stating that all "white" people are the same and all "white" people are privileged. That is the definition of racism, he is a total racist and most likely a horrible person in real life.

Now, after reading the article I can't quite figure it out.. is the newspaper on the side of this "black" racist?

Why am I putting "quotes" around the colors? Because race isn't even real and I don't believe in this garbage.
"... I see how they interact with other people of colour.” - This is even a racist statement - once again from the "black" guy.

"When people talk about "people of color" they are saying "Everyone except white people" which is exclusionary based on skin color - racism.

First, unless you failed out of grade school you would know that both White and Black are NOT colors. White is NOT a color, black is NOT a color.

Second, "white" people are not actually white, and "black" people are not actually black. Open up MS Paint and select white or black and do a paint fill in the screen. That is what white or black look like. Does it match your skin? No? Then you are not white or black, you are a person of color. Every human on earth is a person of color. There are actually no white people on earth at all, not even Sheamus from WWE is white. There are no black people on earth, None. Mr Popo from Dragonball Z is black but he's a cartoon. Even Albino people are not white and if you don't believe me take a picture of one and do a color check in a graphic editing program. You will not see ffffff (white) or 000000 (black), therefore they ARE NOT white or black, they have colors.. We all have colors.

I'm so sick of this racism and racist garbage. We're all humans and we all share this planet. Skin color is not a race.
The only people who believe in different races are racists. If you think you are part of some race other than only human being, you are a racist.
edit on 11-10-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Dude seems like a racist jackass.

The initial complainer (and I've lived on the bottom floor in an apartment building before...I get the noise issue) did, however, need a tad more tact, and probably could have handled it the following day face-to-face.

Both handled it non-optimally, but Mr. Brookshire definitely wins the trophy for most ignorant letter.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
He probably doesn't understand that someone who has a job needs to sleep at night.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday. The guy who wrote the note asking for his neighbor to be quiet could have been much more diplomatic, considering the live in the same place, and not invoked contacting the police. Way too over the top in my opinion.

They guy complaining about this being a racist incident is a big bitch and is in fact himself a racist.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Many people would have simply called the police.

The note was a courtesy.

I lived downstairs from ONE black fellow and he made more noise than SIX hispanic dudes i lived above.

Its just the culture. Theyre noisy.

ETA media will almost always be on the side of the black guy.
edit on 11-10-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The black guy has a job as well... crazy right?

I think they both handled this wrong, more so the guy saying white people don't understand. That wasn't needed and I doubt the mention of police was any sort of outside threat other than them just coming to deal with the noise.

But let's be real, all the can do is say hey keep it down unless they have to come back a second time.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You're probably right, but that's because we currently live in an America where people are so afraid of confrontation that they are unwilling to handle things themselves.

I bet money that there are rules about noise in that apartment complex, and that if it was so loud as to be waking someone up or keeping them from falling asleep, he was violating those terms of living there.

The note was a courtesy.

I see it as a cowardly (and, quite honestly, rude) way to get to know your neighbor and ask them to keep it down a bit. The story says that the downstairs neighbor didn't even know that he was black--really? When I lived in an apartment, I at least knew who my adjacent (to include above me) neighbors were, even if I didn't actively seek out a friendship with them.

I lived downstairs from ONE black fellow and he made more noise than SIX hispanic dudes i lived above.

What a terrible generalization and comparison--people who live below you are ALWAYS more quiet than the people above you--mainly because every noise that they make isn't attached to your ceiling. I bet the SIX Hispanic dudes probably thought that you were a relatively noisy fella, too, even if you really weren't.

I'm willing to bet that the black dude wasn't necessarily being super-obnoxious with noise, but that it still traveled easily into the apartment beneath him. But you know, that's just part of apartment living, and why owning your own home is part of the "American Dream," I guess.

Regardless, both notes were questionable in tone, but like I said, Mr. Brookshire's note was way out of line.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Better headline:
Racist guy, with help from national post, doxes guy who overreacted to noise.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What does skin color have to do with noise statutes?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
He probably doesn't understand that someone who has a job needs to sleep at night.

i want to give you a high five

in the face

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

It probably would have been wisest if the entire correspondence between these individuals, had been concluded previous to someone deciding to go to the press. This is a non event, and probably has more to say about the poor quality of the sound dampening between floors, than it does about either complainant or respondent in the matter.

I hope that these neighbours learn how to get along and co-exist without either one causing offence or deprivation of sleep to the others.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes let us all pretend that NO stereotypes are ever true.

Even the ones experienced as completely true personally in real life on many many occasions.

And yes i realize upstairs neighbors are always noisier than downstairs neighbors and have corrected for that.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Washington Post story with the full text of the the letter posted by the upstairs neighbor in response to the initial note:

Washington Post story

Yeah, he went full retard, way unnecessary response & much more threatening than the initially "rude" note - I believe these days you refer to it as "triggered"
edit on 11-10-2016 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The note was a courtesy.

ETA media will almost always be on the side of the black guy.

It's just the culture theyre noisy?? I was tempted to drop the Fk.U bomb, but restraint is a good thing, look your black neighbor is noisy , other black ppl can be noisy, are all black ppl noisy at the same time or just some of them some of the time, not at all??, I lived in the Village back in the day, West 4th st to be exact, my neighbors majority white were noisy as hell, is it fair for me to use that experience and apply it to all white ppl all the time and call it a "culture" a mean wtf dude??.
edit on 11-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The joys of living in apartments. bleh.

ppl living above me are asshatty, we play a game where I bang on the kitchen ceiling and they act like they GAF, they like to play piano at 2 am......

I pray for Giant Meteor every day

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Generalizations (stereotypes) are ignorant to employ in this conversation, as we're talking about a couple individuals and not a large group of people.

I'm not pretending--I'm a realist. Getting on ATS and posting comments based on stereotypes is just plain ignorant, especially when said comments focus on one or two individuals, and you use those examples as if that proves a stereotype. That's a logical fallacy.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Did he intentionally use big words to upset and confuse the loud black man?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Thats an interesting, yet false assessment. In an apartment complex the police in my city will be very upset and likely threaten you with charges if you call them again for general apartment noise. The only way they will see your side is if the neighbor is blasting music on his porch where many others will be kept awake by it. That would be considered a legit noise complaint. They typically always defer to the leasing agents/managers and request you figure it out.

top topics

join