It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constantine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the previews for Constantine? It looks pretty cool. The special effects should be top notch since there are alot of battle scenes with demons. It is getting some good reviews and I am looking forward to seeing it on Feb 18.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I definitely have to see this. I used to read the Hellblazer comics when they first came out. Pretty good,

"I don't believe in the devil"
"You should ... he believes in you"

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah but I hear it was "Hollywoodized" Meaning the Nationality and Age of the main character is completely changed. Plus Keanu Reeves is in it and more often then not thats NOT a good thing... I'll probably see it anyway, just for the Eye candy heh.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Yeah but I hear it was "Hollywoodized" Meaning the Nationality and Age of the main character is completely changed.

Thats true - John Constantine was originally a Brit living in London.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Who's the main character??

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
John Constantine

I doubt the film will make him too authentic though. You know Hollywood and the PC brigade certainly wouldn't be too happy with his chain smoking

I do think the film should have been made in London. Some rathole like Spitalfields or Whitechapel would have been perfect.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Im really looking forward to seeing the movie since the trailer looks awesome. I was not familiar with the comic so I won't have a biased opinion of the movie coming in so Im hoping to enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks good, even with Keanu...hehe...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that it was a comic either. AS i'm reading through this thread i got confused....is it a comic....or based on some sort of story? Either way the trailer to the film looks awesome....anyone see where he has those tattoos on both arms and puts it together? I look foward to seeing it.
HoundDog

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It looks alot like the Matrix, and with Keanu Reeves it seems even more like a ripoff.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If it follows the comics, its definitely not like the Matrix. And I do agree that Keanu isn't the person I would have chosen to play Constantine, but I'm willing to give him a chance. After all, before 'Interview with the vampire' came out, very few thought that Tom Cruise would make a good Lestat, but his portrayal ended up being excellent.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, but Tom Cruise can actually act....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think that it will do well. and hey everyone loved the matrix when it came out. I will definately see it on feb 18th

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by big poppa pump
I think that it will do well. and hey everyone loved the matrix when it came out. I will definately see it on feb 18th

Yeah but what about the sequels...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Yeah but what about the sequels...

Well, the CGI was good.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Got a link for you guys. Some still images from the movie.

www.comicbookresources.com...

Heh, I was going to post this on the comic book board, but it looks like the movie is already being discussed here.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yeah but I hear it was "Hollywoodized" Meaning the Nationality and Age of the main character is completely changed. Plus Keanu Reeves is in it and more often then not thats NOT a good thing... I'll probably see it anyway, just for the Eye candy heh.

I was really into Vertigo and the Hellblazer comics a while back so I was taken back a little when I saw they cast Keanu and not a blond haired british guy but the more I read about the movie more I get excited because everything I've read has said this movie wasn't made for the typical mainstream hollywood audience but for die hard comic fans. The movie is supposed to stay true to the original story so it will maintain that level of darkness and toughness the comics had. If you goto the site www.hellwantshim.com... you can preview some unreleased clips from the movie to get a better understanding of what it will be like. I checked them out last night and the cinematography and special effects look fantastic. Check out the clip where Keanu enters hell, the atmosphere is so dark and grim, so many comic adaptations mess up and make things campy but it looks like they got it perfect with this film.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by reaver]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
well i seen this movie last night and i can honestly say i looked foward to getting to see it. the movie was great....although i think anyone could have played the part of john constantine.....keanu reeves did a great job...and i thought the movie was great....makes you think abit. anyways just thought i'd say i seen the film and thought it was good.
HoundDog

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just finished the novelisation of the screenplay - I hope they didn't change too much between the original screenplay and the film itself. The story was pretty good.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Already there are talks of making the sequel. Hopefully it doesn't turn one good film into a bad trilogy (Keanu Curse?) Not that I blame him for the Matrix Trilogy.

Across town at Warners, executives were likewise upbeat about the debut of "Constantine." "Considering that this was an unknown quantity, we're obviously really pleased with the results and look forward to the sequel," president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said.
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

I haven't seen the movie yet anyone come across any good reviews?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join